TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Minder on March 02, 2013, 07:18:40 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2013, 09:51:58 PM
Breaking Bad.

End of Season 4.

The scene with Salamanca, the DEA and the bell was genius!

What was that Muppet, can't remember it

Don't want to spoil it but things came to a head with Gus and Salamanca in a couple of outstanding scenes.
MWWSI 2017

Denn Forever

Isn't season 5 starting on TG4?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

heffo

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 09, 2013, 09:05:38 AM
Saw an advert for JJ Abrams new series Revolutions last night. Looks like it may be decent. It'll probably get cancelled just as it gets interesting like the Event and Flash Forward.

It was shown in the States last summer - decent enough.

trileacman

TV show called 14days on BBCNI now, good show about a period in the troubles and a story that has largely gone untold.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

maggie

Saw the second part of Broadchurch on utv last nite. Great show so far and lots of unanswered questions.

Canalman

Watched 1st part of programme on history of Presbyterians in Ireland last weekend . Very good watch if you have any interest in history. 

Think S5 of Breaking Bad is starting on TG4 in the next week or so.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on March 11, 2013, 09:48:17 PM
TV show called 14days on BBCNI now, good show about a period in the troubles and a story that has largely gone untold.

Watched this last night, can remember it like yesterday, we all bailed out of school early that day and headed up to Kennedy Way roundabout. Nearly as many people there than the Bobby Sands funeral. My friends and I were interviewed by some TV station on the Kennedy way roundabout (thank fcuk it was never aired) we talked a lot of shite I'm sure.

Followed it down to Milltown and was close to the funeral cars and remember shouting over to a clubmate who was the funereal directors son, next thing the explosions started to go off, was mental, fellas shouting that the graves had been mined or booby trapped!! After a minute or two (probably 30 seconds ffs) we looked over and saw Stone blasting away and throwing grenades, it didn't seem real.

The mob that chased him were mental and one of the lads from the streets beside us was one of the first on the scene when they caught him, christ he loved recalling that story. Mental times and I never ventured to another republican funeral again during that period

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

All of a Sludden

Quote from: AFS on February 23, 2013, 05:12:59 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 23, 2013, 01:02:26 PM
Has anybody watched Treme? The series that Eric Overmyers and David Simon created after The Wire. It's set in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Just wondered how it matched up in comparison to The Wire.

Watched the first series and the first few episodes of the second. Keep meaning to get caught up with it but there's always something else to get through first. Pretty good up to where I've left off, although probably not up at the same level as The Wire. From what I remember, it can be slow going at times so you'd have to be prepared for that. The music is class, the opening of the first episode is probably my favourite opening to any TV show.

Treme returns to Sky Atlantic tomorrow night at 9pm.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

johnneycool

Fire in Corrie tonight I'm being told, not sure where though.

Maybe Chesney will set fire to the kebab shop where that dirt bird is trying to pull his chick (even though she is way of of Chesney's league).

johnneycool

it could do with a make over, it's pretty drab all the same even after the smoking ban came in.

5 Sams

Watched it earlier today. Disturbing stuff..mind it very well.
The Aristocrat Years

ziggy90

Quote from: hardstation on March 15, 2013, 10:48:06 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 15, 2013, 10:25:24 AM

Maybe Chesney will set fire to the kebab shop where that dirt bird is trying to pull his chick (even though she is way of of Chesney's league).
The rovers gets it. Something to do with Stella, yer man and Sunita.

Did Stan and Hilda survive?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on March 15, 2013, 10:25:24 AM

I know soaps can be far-fetched but Chesney going out with that wee stunner is a storyline too far imo.

Denn Forever

Been watching Radhac na Ruise on TG4.  Exploring how similar we are to the russians.  Very interesting.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggy90

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 16, 2013, 01:33:58 AM

Watched it earlier today. Disturbing stuff..mind it very well.

Thanks for the tip. I've just watched it this morning and it seemed to give (to me) a pretty well balanced view of those "eventful" days. I well remember sitting over here and thinking wtf is happening. Fr Reid came across very well and you could feel the esteem that was felt for him by his "peers"

You're right about the untold story, but I suppose the "truth" of what happened will always depend on who's telling the tale.

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered