Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Furys greatest asset is his unconventional style, he's not easy to hit.. No doubt having said that Wilder will no doubt knock him spark out in round 1. I shouldn't like him but can't help myself  :)

nrico2006

Fury has only been down twice ever. Got up and immediately one one fight and dominated the other to win by KO. Wilder has been wobbled too and been knocked out as an amateur. Fury hasnt got big one punch power but has an impressive KO rate too. Fury's size and movement make him a hard target to hit cleanly. He hides behind his shoullder well too. Wilder though fires punches that most arent prepared for in that they come from unorthodox angles. His speed at getting in and out is inreal too. Fury hopefully uses the 3 stone to tire him out and just stick to outboxing him.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

heganboy

I'm looking forward to this one now, intriguing indeed.  Fury is an absolute nightmare to box against awkward and smart. Maybe Wilder has enough power, but maybe fury is just smarter..
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stiffler

Any links to the fight ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

gallsman

WHATCHA GOT TA SAY ABOUT THAT DEONTAY? WHATCHA GOT TA DAY ABOUT THAT, MY MAN?

gallsman

Wilder struggling to land anything at the minute.

gallsman

Good fight.

How in the name of Christ did Fury get up from that?! He looked completely out.

Still a Fury fight for me. Absolutely dominated and bamboozled him apart from the two knockdowns.

gallsman

Oh f**k right off. Absolute cop out to call that a draw.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Captain Obvious

Fury won that fight. Poor judges declaring it a draw was a joke.

Gabriel_Hurl

How do you call that 115-111 for Wilder???

gallsman

Yup. In the likes of GGH-Canelo, the rounds are close and you can understand how they could go one way or the other but in that, apart from the 9th and 12th, Wilder might have just about won the 2nd and maybe the 3rd. Fury pretty clearly won everything else.

Syferus

Told ye Wilder was rubbish.

Imagine what this fight would be if Fury was actually in shape and in England with halfways objective judging.

The draw will tie these two up for the first half of 2019 and it means the real fight I and anyone interested in the sport wants to see, Fury v Joshua, is going to be late 2019 if at all. Yikes.

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on December 02, 2018, 05:54:10 AM
Told ye Wilder was rubbish.

Imagine what this fight would be if Fury was actually in shape.

He absolutely justified the hype ffs. He was outboxed for the entire fight and then absolutely floored him. Fury looked out cold at first.

That's all he needs to do at heavyweight. Nobody has ever claimed he's Sugar Ray Robinson.

north_antrim_hound

Boxing is fixed what a joke
I asked earlier if Fury had a chin, he got up twice. Fury should have been avoiding him in the last round and it cost him. He still did enough to win it
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets