Any Sign of White Smoke Yet?

Started by Oraisteach, March 13, 2013, 04:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

In fairness to the Iceman, there's nothing wrong with killing feral cats, as long as its done humanely. They're pests  and also have a devastating effect on wild birds and small mammals.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: The Iceman on March 21, 2013, 04:39:27 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 21, 2013, 04:08:17 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on March 21, 2013, 03:01:56 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 21, 2013, 09:23:31 AM
IM being a case in point who eats the alter but then goes out and wantonly kills his neighbours pets, before saying "forgive me lord", then continues on with his life as a devout.

Seriously flawed coping mechanism is it not? Where is the individual responsibility?

How many like IM, use religion as a dumping ground for their guilty consciences?

These are all very relevant questions, worth asking but no doubt the holy rollers will duck and dive around the answers
Good man Skull you have some eye sight hi to see the altar I am eating from nearly 6000 miles away - or maybe you're a visionary?

Case in point the cats were feral cats that a stupid neighbour was giving a garage to live in and leaving food out. As i said multiple times there was an epidemic of them in the town I lived in, in NJ. I have no problem killing an animal that is causing a danger to the well-being of my family - it is well known that cat feces can cause blindness in children.
I'm sure you have killed mice? what about flies? OR because you don't claim to have any faith in God are you then exempt from any scrutiny? Do you have any accountability? Or because in your naturalist beliefs we are all just animals surviving how we can can, you do whatever you want? And if so why give a crap about any of the rest of us?

I genuinely don't think what I did was wrong. I killed vermin. If it was wrong then I guess I'll have to answer for it at some point.
We spent a thread discussing this already  - but you seem still very hung up on the cats. Or is there something else you'd like to talk about now?

Are you the same man who said he would put God before his family?

Quote from: The Iceman on February 10, 2012, 04:51:47 PM
Puck, If I unsubscribe from our current health plan in work and seek my own through something like Cobra we're talking a couple of thousand dollars a month. Already with subsidized healthcare through my job, my contributions are close to $600 per month. We are a single income family with two kids and one more on the way.

If I was faced between choosing between my faith and my family - hand on heart I'd have to choose my faith.
My family wouldn't have me otherwise.
That may seem like a ridiculous statement but I really would and my family would support my decision.

But convictions sent men we all know to war. Many Irish men and women who picked up a gun in defense of their country, or who starved themselves to death in a prison cell, did so based on convictions. They choose what they held sacred over their families.

so how do these statements contradict each other? how is killing vermin going against God?

one of these days you are going to push the wrong man and not have the security of the keyboard. You scrutinize and chastise anyone who trys to be good in the name of God yet you're  pure evil yourself taking delight in the annoyance of others - you've said yourself before- its what you enjoy.

Again from your "good"  ::) book

A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control (Proverbs 29:11, NIV)

I am a pacifist, the last fight I was in was 24 years ago when I was 9.

"Pure Evil" o dear, you really are losing it now. I help the poor and sick on a daily basis. Try doing good in the name of humanity, it's a far better moral code.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

stew

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 21, 2013, 05:01:21 PM
IM being a case in point who eats the alter but then goes out and wantonly kills his neighbours pets, before saying "forgive me lord", then continues on with his life as a devout.

Seriously flawed coping mechanism is it not? Where is the individual responsibility?

How many like IM, use religion as a dumping ground for their guilty consciences?

These are all very relevant questions, worth asking but no doubt the holy rollers will duck and dive around the answers
Good man Skull you have some eye sight hi to see the altar I am eating from nearly 6000 miles away - or maybe you're a visionary?

Case in point the cats were feral cats that a stupid neighbour was giving a garage to live in and leaving food out. As i said multiple times there was an epidemic of them in the town I lived in, in NJ. I have no problem killing an animal that is causing a danger to the well-being of my family - it is well known that cat feces can cause blindness in children.
I'm sure you have killed mice? what about flies? OR because you don't claim to have any faith in God are you then exempt from any scrutiny? Do you have any accountability? Or because in your naturalist beliefs we are all just animals surviving how we can can, you do whatever you want? And if so why give a crap about any of the rest of us?

I genuinely don't think what I did was wrong. I killed vermin. If it was wrong then I guess I'll have to answer for it at some point.
We spent a thread discussing this already  - but you seem still very hung up on the cats. Or is there something else you'd like to talk about now?

Puck, If I unsubscribe from our current health plan in work and seek my own through something like Cobra we're talking a couple of thousand dollars a month. Already with subsidized healthcare through my job, my contributions are close to $600 per month. We are a single income family with two kids and one more on the way.

If I was faced between choosing between my faith and my family - hand on heart I'd have to choose my faith.
That may seem like a ridiculous statement but I really would and my family would support my decision.

But convictions sent men we all know to war. Many Irish men and women who picked up a gun in defense of their country, or who starved themselves to death in a prison cell, did so based on convictions. They choose what they held sacred over their families.

so how do these statements contradict each other? how is killing vermin going against God?

one of these days you are going to push the wrong man and not have the security of the keyboard. You scrutinize and chastise anyone who trys to be good in the name of God yet you're  pure evil yourself taking delight in the annoyance of others - you've said yourself before- its what you enjoy.

A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control (Proverbs 29:11, NIV)

"Pure Evil" o dear, you really are losing it now. I help the poor and sick on a daily basis. Try doing good in the name of humanity, it's a far better moral code.

Yes mayo, you are the boards Mother Theresa, props to you for the work you allegedly do for the sick and poor on a daily basis! :o

Funny thing about the Iceman, he is just that! a man, God tells us to be slow to anger, not to not get angry, I think, given the drivel you and your ilk have spouted on this thread we could say that the Iceman has been slow to anger, thus honoring the good book.

Iceman, tell these boys nothing of a personal nature, they are not worth it big man.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: stew on March 21, 2013, 05:30:23 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 21, 2013, 05:01:21 PM

Yes mayo, you are the boards Mother Theresa, props to you for the work you allegedly do for the sick and poor on a daily basis! :o

Funny thing about the Iceman, he is just that! a man, God tells us to be slow to anger, not to not get angry, I think, given the drivel you and your ilk have spouted on this thread we could say that the Iceman has been slow to anger, thus honoring the good book.

Iceman, tell these boys nothing of a personal nature, they are not worth it big man.

I hope I'm not like Mother Theresa, the levels of hygiene and working conditions in her organisation are a disgrace. I don't get what you mean by "probs to you". My comment was inspired by an assertion by one of the god-squad above that the Pope does more work than the Atheists/Agnostics/Lapsed-Christians/Questioning-Christians on this board. For our relative age I'd be confident I'm not doing so bad pro rata. I'd be confident that there are others on this board who do far far more.

Eamonnca1

Calling someone Mother Theresa is such an insult it's probably a violation of this messageboard's rules. God forbid if I ever get compared to that money-grabbing witch.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 21, 2013, 05:38:48 PM
Calling someone Mother Theresa is such an insult it's probably a violation of this messageboard's rules. God forbid if I ever get compared to that money-grabbing witch.

Ach wee eamon, God bless your wee heart.............................. is that the best you can do peaches??? c'mon buttercup, try and do better than that, not even close to a rise son!  :)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: stew on March 21, 2013, 05:45:33 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 21, 2013, 05:38:48 PM

Ach wee eamon, God bless your wee heart.............................. is that the best you can do peaches??? c'mon buttercup, try and do better than that, not even close to a rise son!  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30XdrOLT7J4

Eamonnca1

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

stew

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 21, 2013, 06:59:59 PM
&

http://exposingreligionblog.tumblr.com/post/11675180478

Do you really believe this shite? gwaaaannnnnnnn, admit it, you believe it, gwwwwwwaaaaannnnn !

Keep em coming our fellah, you are fierce tame altogether!  :)

Objectivity, look it up you fecking clampett!  :)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: stew on March 21, 2013, 07:07:13 PM
&

Do you really believe this shite? gwaaaannnnnnnn, admit it, you believe it, gwwwwwwaaaaannnnn !

Objectivity, thats some laugh coming from the religious.

MasterShake

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 21, 2013, 07:37:35 PM
&

So 'more religious' immediately means 'less objective'? Is that what you're saying?

If a kid is raised a Catholic and chooses to become Atheist or Agnostic, it's because they must be becoming more objective in their thoughts and outlook? Is that what you're saying?

Is it possible for a kid brought up with little or no religion to become religious by being objective? Or is it a result of a narrowing of the mind in your (obviously superior) view?
"Calmer than you are".

give her dixie

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cardinal-keith-obrien-was-in-longterm-gay-relationship-claims-partner-8544536.html

Cardinal Keith O'Brien was in long-term gay relationship, claims 'partner'

Cardinal Keith O'Brien, formerly Britain's most senior Catholic cleric and a man renowned for railing against homosexuality, was in a "longstanding physical relationship" with one of the men whose recent allegations brought about his downfall, it has been claimed.

According to a report in The Herald newspaper, Cardinal O'Brien confessed to the relationship after it was recently revealed there had been several complaints to the Vatican about his sexual behaviour towards priests in the 1980s.

The paper claims that the length of the relationship explains why the 75-year-old Cardinal spoke of his time as a "priest, bishop and Cardinal" when he made his brief apology earlier this month admitting that his "sexual conduct" had fallen below the standards expected of him.

It is believed the man, who was due to speak to the newspaper before being advised otherwise by his bishop, currently lives outside Scotland.

The report will pile further pressure on the Cardinal to make a much more detailed public response to the allegations against him. Britain's most senior serving cleric stepped down one week after accusations against him first surfaced in public from four unnamed priests who said he had approached them sexually in the 1980s.

The allegations were initially made to the Vatican's ambassador to Britain and passed up the chain to Rome but they became public when a newspaper printed details last month.

Cardinal O'Brien initially stepped down from the church without admitting that there was any substance to the allegations. However a week later he released a brief apology which suggested there was some truth in what the priests were saying. But the statement lacked any precise detail.

According to The Herald, the man who had been in a long term relationship with the Cardinal is known to have been in regular telephone contact with him until recently and was a frequent visitor to St Benets, his official residence in Edinburgh's Morningside.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

stew

Quote from: MasterShake on March 21, 2013, 07:56:27 PM
&

So 'more religious' immediately means 'less objective'? Is that what you're saying?

If a kid is raised a Catholic and chooses to become Atheist or Agnostic, it's because they must be becoming more objective in their thoughts and outlook? Is that what you're saying?

Is it possible for a kid brought up with little or no religion to become religious by being objective? Or is it a result of a narrowing of the mind in your (obviously superior) view?

Master, please look for a response in about four hours, after he figures out what you are trying to say, not the brightest bulb and all that!

Maguire01

Quote from: MasterShake on March 21, 2013, 07:56:27 PM
&

My understanding is that objectivity is based on fact. As religion is based on belief, it's therefore subjective. No?