Your 1st "real" concert...

Started by 5 Sams, October 18, 2011, 10:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: eiled in the bushes on October 22, 2011, 03:56:20 PM
ozzy in the ulster hall,cant mind the year,sometime in mid 80's.  saw him 3 times in about 2 years.great performer,sad to see him trying to perform now

Tony Iommi was on Newstalk the other day saying they've been playing together again. New material and a tour being rumored. Would have liked to see them back in the day but now I can't imagine Ozzy being up to it. Or Bill Ward for that matter from last I heard he had heart problems.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

5 Sams

Quote from: downredblack on October 22, 2011, 05:18:29 PM
Quote from: Ulick on October 21, 2011, 11:10:06 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams link=topic=20482.msg1035858#msg1035858
I thought I was bad with Howard Jones DRB..you make me look cool :D :D :D
/quote]

You are bad, but Buster Bloodvessel is still cool after all these years. Bad Manners concerts have been up there with the best I've attended over the past 25 years.

Ahh Sams you are missing a trick here - great band and as Ulick says their gigs are up there with the best I've been to . Did you have a spikey mullet back in the day when you were going to Howard Jones gigs  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQEmp7y-UDA&feature=related

:D :DWas dragged along by a woman DRB but he was surprisingly good!!
The Aristocrat Years

Gaffer

Undertones Clubland Cookstown 1980.

Damien O'Neill  (lead guitar) asked me for some of my KP nuts I was eating as I watched them pack away their own gear!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Gaffer on October 22, 2011, 08:53:09 PM

Damien O'Neill  (lead guitar) asked me for some of my KP nuts I was eating as I watched them pack away their own gear!

i assume you didnt score that night !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

5 Sams

Was that the Pink Pussycat Gaffer??? Had a few good nights in there in the 90s...
The Aristocrat Years

Gaffer

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 22, 2011, 09:18:06 PM

i assume you didnt score that night !!

Naw and many other nights as well !

Gaffer

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 22, 2011, 09:39:06 PM

Was that the Pink Pussycat Gaffer??? Had a few good nights in there in the 90s...

That's it although it was known as Spookys then.

There wasn't much Pink Pussy about for me at that time.

eiled in the bushes

Quote from: thejuice on October 22, 2011, 05:26:48 PM
Quote from: eiled in the bushes on October 22, 2011, 03:56:20 PM
ozzy in the ulster hall,cant mind the year,sometime in mid 80's.  saw him 3 times in about 2 years.great performer,sad to see him trying to perform now

Tony Iommi was on Newstalk the other day saying they've been playing together again. New material and a tour being rumored. Would have liked to see them back in the day but now I can't imagine Ozzy being up to it. Or Bill Ward for that matter from last I heard he had heart problems.
geezer says he aint up for it.  i see iommi has a new book out,should be worth a read
get some metal in your life

thebuzz

First concert was Status Quo in Dalymount Park in 79. Left home at 3 on the Friday morning to cycle to Dublin  (120 mile - the Maracycle hadn't even been dreamt of). I was 17 and the other lad was 15. We were as mad as hatters.

Saw AC/DC in the Ulster Hall that year with Bon Scott. Great concert. Saw UFO in the Ulster Hall as well.
Went to numerous concerts and festivals in the 80s.
Reading 1980, Donnington 81 and 85, Slane 81,82,83,85 and 87. Great times - old and settled now.
Last couple of concerts were UFO and Nazareth in the Spring & Airbrake.

Orangemac

Quote from: thebuzz on October 23, 2011, 12:52:07 AM
First concert was Status Quo in Dalymount Park in 79. Left home at 3 on the Friday morning to cycle to Dublin  (120 mile - the Maracycle hadn't even been dreamt of). I was 17 and the other lad was 15. We were as mad as hatters.

Saw AC/DC in the Ulster Hall that year with Bon Scott. Great concert. Saw UFO in the Ulster Hall as well.
Reading 1980, Donnington 81 and 85, Slane 81,82,83,85 and 87. Great times - old and settled now.
Worked with a fella from Attical on a building site many moons ago and he had some choice stories to tell about Slane 87 that couldn't be repeated on a public forum :D

lawnseed

luvbug at shellagh carnivale.. when they did the horslips medlay the stage fell on top of us.yeeha!  closely followed by the boss in the rds
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Armaghtothebone

Queen in the RDS 1984.
Freddie RIP

armaghniac

Quoteluvbug at shellagh carnivale.. when they did the horslips medlay the stage fell on top of us.yeeha!  closely followed by the boss in the rds

Which was the best??
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thejuice

Someone sent me this link,
-->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xgf1pj014k

were any of you at it?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

muppet

Quote from: thejuice on October 27, 2011, 08:21:48 PM

Someone sent me this link,
-->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xgf1pj014k

were any of you at it?

Olly was there.

If he hand't eaten the 'Z' on his keyboard he might be more recognisable.
MWWSI 2017