The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Good to see a bid at last.  Hard to know how this will fare out. Other clubs will be interested in him and are Roma that fussed on selling?
That's just, like your opinion man.

quit yo jibbajabba

dafuq am I gonna tell me 9yr old who has Karius on his top

(same as I told him at the time - ah toul ye not to get karius on yer top)

heganboy

Quote from: Armamike on July 17, 2018, 03:42:53 PM
Good to see a bid at last.  Hard to know how this will fare out. Other clubs will be interested in him and are Roma that fussed on selling?

chelsea if courtois goes, and apparently there's a 66M price Roma are aiming for, but all speculation
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gawa316

Melissa Reddy

Verified account

@MelissaReddy_
32m32 minutes ago
More
#LFC are cautiously optimistic of securing Roma's Alisson, valued at £66 million, in what would be a world record deal for a goalkeeper. Talks are progressing well. Player has indicated his willingness to move to Anfield.

Cautiously jumps out...hopefully learned lessons from VVD and Fekir.

Brewster has also signed a professional contract...could be a special player

Ambrose

Liverpool have agreed a world record fee of £66.8million with Roma for goalkeeper Alisson. BOOM.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

quit yo jibbajabba

Not convinced by him in the small bit ive seen. But has to be better than Karius.

If he signs

J70

Don't know enough about him to judge, but the transfer fees have gone insane since Neymar last summer. It ain't my cash though, so hopefully he works out. Must be doing something right to keep Ederson out of the Brazil team.

Minder

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 18, 2018, 12:17:03 PM
Not convinced by him in the small bit ive seen. But has to be better than Karius.

If he signs

You are better than Karius
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Minder on July 18, 2018, 12:56:19 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 18, 2018, 12:17:03 PM

If he signs

You are better than Karius

8) 8)

Gabriel_Hurl

Done

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/18/liverpool-increase-alisson-offer-and-close-on-world-record-deal?CMP=share_btn_tw

QuoteLiverpool have signed the goalkeeper Alisson for a world-record fee of €75m (£66.9m), subject to a medical. The goalkeeper is flying to England on Wednesday night and is expected to have his medical on Saturday.

The Premier League club made an initial €70m bid for the Brazilian on Tuesday, which was rejected, but the clubs have now reached a deal. Liverpool and Roma agreed the final details of the transfer on Wednesday with the fee, which include €5m in add-ons, to be paid over two years.

Chelsea were ready to move for Alisson if Thibaut Courtois departed but Liverpool have acted swiftly in an to secure their No 1 goalkeeper target. Chelsea had, by Wednesday lunch time, not made an offer. Alisson spoke to the Liverpool manager, Jürgen Klopp, on Tuesday and had his heart set on a move to the Champions League finalists.

Armamike

I'll not believe it until I see him play his first game in a Liverpool jersey  :D

That's just, like your opinion man.

laoislad

I still don't believe a word of it.

In other news DS15 says he wants to stay. There is a part of me that would love him to stay at the club and see him stay fit and break back into the team, on the other hand he has probably injured himself in the time it has taken me to write this post.
I think Sturridge is as good as anyone when he is fit and on form.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Ox to miss the entire 18/19 season, be doing well to come back from this.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

Who oversees transfer policy at Liverpool, Klopp? Theyre doing a mighty impressive job.

trileacman

Quote from: supersub on July 16, 2018, 12:31:06 AM
Quote from: trileacman on July 14, 2018, 11:47:18 AM
Quote from: Boycey on July 14, 2018, 11:01:48 AM
That's a strange attitude trilleac is a squad not what Liverpool have been lacking?

Not really no. We were lucky with injuries this year and had little need for depth in the squad. Most guys played a lot, didn't get injured and held their form. If you ask me out real priorities it's 1. 1st Choice Keeper 2. 1st choice Centre half 3. Add sub midfielder and sub striker.

We'd a huge squad when Klopp took over and after his 1st year he gutted it, a bloated squad of half interested prima-donna is of f**k all use to anyone and I think Klopp realises that. What you risk in terms of decimation by injury with a small squad you gain in a increased sense of camadarie and togetherness in the dressing room.

"Squad depth" is a buzz word I find used as a lazy analysis of why teams fail rather than getting to the root of the problem. A strong first 11 is better complimented by young, hungry if yet unproven group of subs who'll do what the manager wants rather than a slew of highly talented misfits sitting on fat salaries.

Uniteds glory years had at best a mid rate replacement side. Park, Smith, Fletcher,, Macheda, Saha, Anderson, Nani were all highly effective players off the bench at united who were found out as Bog standard hack merchants when moved further afield. United now have a star-studded, astronomically expensive bench who are probably less effective than the mid rate guys of 10 years ago.

Couldn't disagree more.

Squad depth is essential to mount a sustained challenge for honours on all fronts. Any team who has won and/or consistently been challenging for league titles have had at least 2 or 3 players on their bench every game capable of starting or who are equally as good as some of the players in the starting xi. Squad quality rather than just depth is what Liverpool have been missing. Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, City have all had this when competing at the top table.

UTD and Arsenal are at the top table but they aren't competing. Leicester won the PL with a good solid group of players, a star-studded bench is not a pre-requisite for PL success. Yes it is for wider, more prolonged involvement in several competitions at once but I want the PL above all else.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014