Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Degrassi Hi

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 14, 2018, 01:49:50 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on November 14, 2018, 10:25:25 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on November 12, 2018, 04:23:00 PM
It was 1-10 to 1-08 with 25 mins gone in second half then McNulty scored his goal to wrap it up. I

Need to get promoted quickly to take advantage of a weak carrickmore team ....
By the time they get promoted we shall be back firing on all cylinders  ;)

There's maybe as good a chance of Carrickmore joining Loughmacrory in Division 2 as there is of Lough gaining promotion to Division 1 in the next year or two!!  I definitely wouldn't like to see Carrickmore out of Division 1, but the next few years are going to be crucial for them to integrate their talented youth teams on to the senior squad & then stepping it up another level to become as successful as the teams in the late 90's early 00's.  A big challenge for the incoming management who ever they are.   

skeog

Carmen are going in house again i believe.Ryan Daly reported to be the man.

GetOverTheBar

Lot of chat about Carmen's inevitable demise - Still think they'll get the 12 points needed to keep themselves afloat.

Looking ahead to next year already, you'd be looking at Tattyreagh struggling and likely to be the favs for finishing bottom. I'd imagine Agyharan will beat Dungannon but then you'd wonder if they'll be fit for another year in senior.

Tyrone95

Quote from: skeog on November 14, 2018, 04:47:43 PM
Carmen are going in house again i believe.Ryan Daly reported to be the man.
Correct, Him, Noel hurson and a s+c coach who was with them at Armagh Harps this last few years I believe.  Can hopefully spearhead the transition which is underway

stillsenior

Quote from: OurKid on November 10, 2018, 09:43:58 PM
Quote from: In hiding on November 10, 2018, 01:33:42 AM
Anyone heard that Mickey Moran is the new killyclogher manager
Heard that myself , KC could get Pep Guardiola through the door and they wouldn't be worth talking about. I would rather play leapfrog with a unicorn than watch the display they put on in the county final again.

Kilcoo have just announced Micky Moran as there new manager

Localexpert

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 14, 2018, 01:49:50 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on November 14, 2018, 10:25:25 AM
It was 1-10 to 1-08 with 25 mins gone in second half then McNulty scored his goal to wrap it up. I

Need to get promoted quickly to take advantage of a weak carrickmore team ....
By the time they get promoted we shall be back firing on all cylinders  ;)

Have they had many wins over you at senior level?

Also what year did you have the good minor team?

Wee Roddy

The Lough have no wins over us at senior level. We won the minor championship 3 years ago and have won the past 2 Under 16 County titles but that may count for very little. Our underage is stronger across the board than it ever has been in the past five years. Would i be right in saying that the vast majority of Loughmacrorys young players at senior level were playing on a minor side that got beat by Carmen in a couple of great league games that year?

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Club boi on November 13, 2018, 10:22:31 PM
Quote from: SG08 on November 13, 2018, 10:05:27 AM

Apologies, I thought Dungannon pulled away slightly earlier.
But this reinforces the point that when the chips were down loughmacrory were found wanting.

This idiot clearly has an agenda v Loughmacrory, dont fall into it. 3 defeats all year for what I am lead to believe is a very young, up and coming team is not bad going, and I would imagine 95% of fans would gladly take that

Loughmacrory have a very young team. Another year in Div 2 would arguably be better for them than going to Div 1 prematurely.

Localexpert

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 15, 2018, 01:24:42 PM
The Lough have no wins over us at senior level. We won the minor championship 3 years ago and have won the past 2 Under 16 County titles but that may count for very little. Our underage is stronger across the board than it ever has been in the past five years. Would i be right in saying that the vast majority of Loughmacrorys young players at senior level were playing on a minor side that got beat by Carmen in a couple of great league games that year?

May count for very little as those minors are 21 now so if they can't do it now they never will.  If my memory is correct we won a minor championship in 2006 and by 2010 8/9 played and won the senior championship that year.

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Localexpert on November 15, 2018, 03:55:10 PM

May count for very little as those minors are 21 now so if they can't do it now they never will.  If my memory is correct we won a minor championship in 2006 and by 2010 8/9 played and won the senior championship that year.
I think we had 7 of the minor team who won that played against Errigal in the championship this year so it is a fairly high turnover. The problem is we completely are missing a middle age. The older lads who are still doing well but we have virtually no mid to late 20s who are doing anything consistent, compared t oother senior teams who have the likes of Petey Harte, Stephen McNallys, Ronan O'Neills etc. Anyone wh ois any good is either retired because of injuries

Therealdonald

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 15, 2018, 04:32:50 PM

I think we had 7 of the minor team who won that played against Errigal in the championship this year so it is a fairly high turnover. The problem is we completely are missing a middle age. The older lads who are still doing well but we have virtually no mid to late 20s who are doing anything consistent, compared t oother senior teams who have the likes of Petey Harte, Stephen McNallys, Ronan O'Neills etc. Anyone wh ois any good is either retired because of injuries

Finally someone speaking sense. You typically need 3 age groups well represented in a winning championship team, 2 or 3 18-21 year olds, 4-8 21-29 year olds, then the rest the experienced old hands. Carrickmore are struggling because of the 21-29 year olds. Coalisland have a perfect mix at present, as did the great Dromore team of 10 years ago. Taking this formula into consideration what teams are properly set up? Killyclogher appear to be on the wane because of their older men, Trillick and Clonoe the same. Who are we looking at then?

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 15, 2018, 05:06:10 PM

Finally someone speaking sense. You typically need 3 age groups well represented in a winning championship team, 2 or 3 18-21 year olds, 4-8 21-29 year olds, then the rest the experienced old hands. Carrickmore are struggling because of the 21-29 year olds. Coalisland have a perfect mix at present, as did the great Dromore team of 10 years ago. Taking this formula into consideration what teams are properly set up? Killyclogher appear to be on the wane because of their older men, Trillick and Clonoe the same. Who are we looking at then?

Errigal

The Golden Years

I totally agree here wee Roddy,  apart from Johnny nobody from the middle age group has had the consistentancy or the leadership to bring the team to a higher level.  Unfortunately we lost the likes of Benny mclaughlin (hasnt returned to his potential) and Ruairi loughran to emigration also.  Its not an easy road back to the top tier but thankfully we have been very successful at underage level this past 5 years so hopefully a good sprinkling of these players can lead us back to where we want to be. I Just think the next couple of years our aim should be top half of the league, giving young cubs plenty of game time and then push on after that. Heres hoping anyway.

TheProfessor

Aghyaran v dungannon replay set for Sunday.  Mcnulty getting married on friday. Very little talk of the drawn game on here, anyone at it?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: TheProfessor on November 19, 2018, 01:55:47 PM
Aghyaran v dungannon replay set for Sunday.  Mcnulty getting married on friday. Very little talk of the drawn game on here, anyone at it?

Yes I was at it, Dungannon bossed the 1st half but didn't make that dominance count.  Horribly low scoring.  Aghyaran would have thought the game was up before the equaliser.  Hard to know who to fancy next day out.  Wasn't aware McNulty was getting Married this week.  That wedding already cost them a championship maybe cost them league promotion as well
Living the dream!!!