GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: LOVEGAA on August 19, 2020, 10:47:55 AM
As I was saying earlier, you can't say that having 50 people at a match is more dangerous than 100 people in a shop, say Penney's or Eason's

But keeping the shop open is more important than having 50 people at a match

This is the key issue.  The economy needs to be kept going or we will be in deep trouble.  Jobs are way more important than activities now. The real fear now is the winter months and the capacity of our hospitals to cope

I went to the 1st round of our championship and I have to say there was no social distancing whatsover. Everyone mingling on the way and the way out and was def more there than the recommended number.

I know factories are a big problem but we have to try keep business' open and people in jobs.  The government really need to look at provision centres and accommodation for these workers where there are just too many people living together.

Absolutely - jobs are way more important than activities now.

But are jobs way more important than health/life/death?

Based on the decision to close open air events but keep airports/pubs/restaurants open then it is a resounding 'yes' jobs are more important than living or dying.

If anyone thinks that by doing this it will reduce the spread of Covid (while keeping everything else open) they are living in cuckoo land.

This time next week teachers can sit in an enclosed space all day with 30 kids from different households - but cant stand outside for an hour by themselves to watch a sporting event

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Taylor on August 19, 2020, 12:24:15 PM
As I was saying earlier, you can't say that having 50 people at a match is more dangerous than 100 people in a shop, say Penney's or Eason's

This is the key issue.  The economy needs to be kept going or we will be in deep trouble.  Jobs are way more important than activities now. The real fear now is the winter months and the capacity of our hospitals to cope

I went to the 1st round of our championship and I have to say there was no social distancing whatsover. Everyone mingling on the way and the way out and was def more there than the recommended number.

I know factories are a big problem but we have to try keep business' open and people in jobs.  The government really need to look at provision centres and accommodation for these workers where there are just too many people living together.

Based on the decision to close open air events but keep airports/pubs/restaurants open then it is a resounding 'yes' jobs are more important than living or dying.

If anyone thinks that by doing this it will reduce the spread of Covid (while keeping everything else open) they are living in cuckoo land.

This time next week teachers can sit in an enclosed space all day with 30 kids from different households - but cant stand outside for an hour by themselves to watch a sporting event

Do you not think they are putting restrictions in as many places as possible so that the children can actually get back to school

Parents shouting a month ago that schools should be open and now on shouting for schools not to open. 

Restrict as much social interaction as possible so that our  children can get back to school and see how this goes.

And by the way I dont have any children in school but I really think this is a priority right now not how social restricions are affecting adults .  We are adults , we can do this and we understand why we have to do this.

Taylor

Quote from: LOVEGAA on August 19, 2020, 12:34:59 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 19, 2020, 12:24:15 PM

Do you not think they are putting restrictions in as many places as possible so that the children can actually get back to school

Parents shouting a month ago that schools should be open and now on shouting for schools not to open. 

Restrict as much social interaction as possible so that our  children can get back to school and see how this goes.

And by the way I dont have any children in school but I really think this is a priority right now not how social restricions are affecting adults .  We are adults , we can do this and we understand why we have to do this.

So are jobs more important than health/life/death?

Not sure who you are referring to about shouting about schools - personally I dont think they have linked open air sports events to schools at all

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: thewobbler on August 19, 2020, 09:53:41 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 18, 2020, 11:52:42 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 18, 2020, 11:25:39 PM
it is absolutely on the GAA if social distancing rules are not obeyed in grounds. Bubbles be damned. Seats have to be marked, you can sit here and here only. If people disregard that, out they go. End of.

Show me workings here please. No theories or hopeful punts. Just some  regulations from government that I've missed. Thanks in advance.

You mean like the GAA's own regulations?

*There is an onus on both the spectator and the organisers to ensure that all social distancing requirements are adhered to. This is currently 2 metres. In line with GAA protocols, supporters are strongly advised to wear face coverings at games. Patrons are also encouraged to bring their own hand sanitiser.

https://www.gaa.ie/news/nhsc-guidelines-on-return-of-spectators-to-gaa-club-games/

Some matches did not obey the GAA's rules. End of.

Hold on. "End of?"

You have hung your hat on one open-ended, non-commital word "onus" in a 2,000 word statement.

And from that you feel you can justify your previous nonsense that:

Seats have to be marked, you can sit here and here only. If people disregard that, out they go. End of.

People like you are dangerous. You will cast off any nonsense in your head as fact. This is not a time for people to push agenda filled rumours. Stop it. Just stop it.

You are fumbling now. You asked for a document outlining the rules, you got it. Non committal my arse.

Taylor

Quote from: Taylor on August 19, 2020, 09:41:08 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 19, 2020, 09:33:05 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 19, 2020, 08:38:09 AM
it is absolutely on the GAA if social distancing rules are not obeyed in grounds. Bubbles be damned. Seats have to be marked, you can sit here and here only. If people disregard that, out they go. End of.

Show me workings here please. No theories or hopeful punts. Just some  regulations from government that I've missed. Thanks in advance.

*There is an onus on both the spectator and the organisers to ensure that all social distancing requirements are adhered to. This is currently 2 metres. In line with GAA protocols, supporters are strongly advised to wear face coverings at games. Patrons are also encouraged to bring their own hand sanitiser.

https://www.gaa.ie/news/nhsc-guidelines-on-return-of-spectators-to-gaa-club-games/

So by that logic all restaurants/pubs should be closed after the incident at the Berlin bar at the weekend?
I'm sure it was discussed.

Was it discussed?
Sorry I didnt know that.

Tell me - how did they then make the decision that it was safer to keep pubs/restaurants open than to allow attendance at open air events?

Baile - can you explain how in your opinion this happened?

rodney trotter

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 18, 2020, 09:39:36 PM
There have been no cases tracked from outdoor sports events. None.

Where did you hear this? They have stated that there is evidence to show people carpooling to games, and congregating before and after games, has resulted in cases

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Taylor on August 19, 2020, 01:35:07 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 19, 2020, 09:41:08 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 19, 2020, 09:33:05 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 19, 2020, 08:38:09 AM

So by that logic all restaurants/pubs should be closed after the incident at the Berlin bar at the weekend?
I'm sure it was discussed.

Was it discussed?
Sorry I didnt know that.

Tell me - how did they then make the decision that it was safer to keep pubs/restaurants open than to allow attendance at open air events?

Baile - can you explain how in your opinion this happened?

The GAA made it easy for them. Televised games, clear and obvious flouting. They had to be seen to do something and sport got it in the neck. Wink and nudge doesn't cut it here.

Blowitupref

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 19, 2020, 01:35:56 PM

Where did you hear this? They have stated that there is evidence to show people carpooling to games, and congregating before and after games, has resulted in cases
GAA officials have stated on field activities hasn't resulted in a case thus far. It was only 100 paying supporters in the 26 counties, 50 from each club. Plenty are carpool to the shops, restaurants, beach etc and congregating before and after.

It seems a few on here are going to be shocked and angry when the plug is pulled on the inter County season to fill the void the club provincial and All-Ireland series should be restored for the October to December.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

BennyCake

Of course there is car pooling going to games. Whether or not any cases have arisen because of it is probably unknown, but even so, it's not advisable to do. Same with sitting/standing to close to other fans.

You can fool a GAA steward or a barman, saying we're from the same household, and therefore can sit together. But at the end of the day, you're not fooling the virus.

imtommygunn

I was reading stats on it on social media where someone had shared a thing detailing the breakdown of where cases came from. I did not hear they have stated that. Maybe the info I got is wrong if so.

Sportacus

Will tonight be the last clubs games to attend in the North?  It'll be interesting to see what happens at Thursdays NI Exec.

tonto1888

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 19, 2020, 01:52:32 PM

GAA officials have stated on field activities hasn't resulted in a case thus far. It was only 100 paying supporters in the 26 counties, 50 from each club. Plenty are carpool to the shops, restaurants, beach etc and congregating before and after.

It seems a few on here are going to be shocked and angry when the plug is pulled on the inter County season to fill the void the club provincial and All-Ireland series should be restored for the October to December.

Why would inter county get pulled yet club allowed to continue

armaghniac

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 19, 2020, 03:32:54 PM

The club teams are already trained together and their continued training involves little or nothing in the way of travel expenses etc.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 19, 2020, 03:32:54 PM

Less complications to keep the club game going than trying to start the inter County season in October.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Sportacus on August 19, 2020, 02:49:05 PM
Will tonight be the last clubs games to attend in the North?  It'll be interesting to see what happens at Thursdays NI Exec.

Is it still 400 allowed to attend? I doubt the NI lads in power will have the same draconian restrictions as the ROI.