Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 22, 2014, 10:23:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 22, 2014, 10:16:28 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on December 22, 2014, 10:10:16 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on December 22, 2014, 10:04:53 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 22, 2014, 08:05:29 PM
£5.95 for a bottle of McGrath's in The Cloth Ear in Belfast. Has the world gone mad?!  :-\

This needs an active campaign of naming and shaming.

Don't even know what McGrath's is but at 6 quid a bottle it would need to be good. I have no shame in saying I'll be paying slightly over €4 a pint for the best Guinness in Ireland in West Kerry over the next week or so.....money well spent.
It's an obscene amount of money anywhere for a 330ml bottle, but in Belfast for a beer brewed less than 30 mins from the pub it's an absolute disgrace. If it was in The Temple Bar you'd be complaining about it.
Was it nice?
Some of their stuff is nice. Their #5 is nice but the #2 was so-so. A number 2 in more ways than one!

theskull1

Quote from: thewobbler on December 22, 2014, 10:04:53 PM
£5.95 for a bottle of McGrath's in The Cloth Ear in Belfast. Has the world gone mad?!  :-\

This needs an active campaign of naming and shaming.

That's a bad joke. Vote with feet
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

That's what you get for going to a pretentious shit hole
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2014, 12:33:59 AM

We left shortly after unsurprisingly! Will be in no rush back.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2014, 12:54:30 AM

That and Berts bar are poor in all regards, considering all the new bars that have sprung up in that area, Duke of York is hard to bate!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

That's what you get for being a pretentious shit hole
Fixed  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2014, 01:49:50 PM

That and Berts bar are poor in all regards, considering all the new bars that have sprung up in that area, Duke of York is hard to bate!
Wouldn't venture to that Burts place. Were in the Duke beforehand. It was rammed - for a change!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2014, 05:18:22 PM

Wouldn't venture to that Burts place. Were in the Duke beforehand. It was rammed - for a change!

It doesn't do pints lol!! Pretentious, moi?? Lol couple of great spots. Was in Love and Death on Sat night which was the called the Capstans bar from years ago.... Good night

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2014, 08:46:27 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2014, 05:18:22 PM

It doesn't do pints lol!! Pretentious, moi?? Lol couple of great spots. Was in Love and Death on Sat night which was the called the Capstans bar from years ago.... Good night

Was in burts a couple of years back (the last night I was out) and ordered three beers. They came in wine glasses. I left immediately.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

ziggysego

Seeing it's Christmas, I decided to treat myself to a couple of beers last night. Since I don't drink anymore, I thought I'd do better than the Bud or Tennant stuff.

Had a couple of Brewdog Brixton Porter. A lovely wee craft beer from Scotland.
Testing Accessibility

laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on December 24, 2014, 02:36:02 PM
Seeing it's Christmas, I decided to treat myself to a couple of beers last night. Since I don't drink anymore, I thought I'd do better than the Bud or Tennant stuff.

Dogs piss in an old Wellington boot would be better than Bud or Tennants.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on December 24, 2014, 02:40:07 PM

Trur  :D
Testing Accessibility

seafoid

Bud was always heavily advertised but it's very watery.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/15ce54ca-7628-11e4-9761-00144feabdc0.html

"According to a fascinating report by our friends at The Wall Street Journal's Marketplace section. Bud's fall has been so dramatic that it is devising a radical new marketing strategy aimed at winning over the young and discerning, the newspaper said.
For an American of my vintage, the report contained one particularly staggering statistic. It said 44 per cent of US drinkers aged 21 to 27 have never even tried Budweiser. When I was 21 to 27 years of age, which was in the 1980s, I can safely say that I didn't realise that such an option existed in this country.
Of course, I was something of a work in progress in those days of Reagan, Thatcher and Duran Duran. The words "pinot" and "noir" remained unpaired in my consciousness. Beer was the great lubricant of my social life and I became a bona fide Bud man more or less by accident. The beverage was simply ubiquitous at US taverns, nightclubs and ball parks.
As a matter of social history, my tendency to down Buds without thinking about the alternatives is a reminder of just how easy it was to make bad choices in the 1980s. I never cut my hair into a mullet during the decade, sported a yellow tie or slapped a Rick Astley record on my turntable; I always walked away from the Peruvian Marching Powder on offer amid the bright lights of the big city. Yet I bellied up to bars hither and yon and ordered thousands upon thousands of Budweisers (based on my estimate of a couple per night, which, I'm afraid, is probably conservative).
The funny thing is that I don't remember any of those Buds tasting particularly good."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Nigel White

This coming from a man who drinks Carlsberg