Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FermPundit

Fermanagh were beaten by a point by Galway at the weekend. Good enough performance I believe with some of the regular starters not on. Theres hope for the summer yet lads, just keep the faith!!

I thought this years captain was Tom Brewster although I'm not sure where I heard this so I'm probably wrong!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

OdoSkimodo

That's an encouraging enough result against Galway even though twas only a challenge. Tom Brew was captain for the league games I believe, but again not 100%

ONeill

Here what's this about Fermanagh getting Jack O'Connor to take your training sessions? Sure that man could never handle Tyrone in the championship. You'd be better getting Micko, or taking them yerselves.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

terrierblue

Lads, that challenge down in Galway was a good boost for morale. Hopefully we can put in a good performance against Tyrone and see what happens....Tyrone are defo there for the taking. We're defo not as bad as our Division 1 and McKenna cup campaign suggested. We're defo not great either but we have good, honest footballers who with the right attitude can go places.

Bensars

Quote from: terrierblue on April 26, 2007, 01:33:30 PM
Lads, that challenge down in Galway was a good boost for morale. Hopefully we can put in a good performance against Tyrone and see what happens....Tyrone are defo there for the taking. We're defo not as bad as our Division 1 and McKenna cup campaign suggested. We're defo not great either but we have good, honest footballers who with the right attitude can go places.

Big speak.................one swallow does not a summer make.         Whats the mood this week, is everyone loving charlie or is he public enemy no.1 again??

nrico2006

I wouldnt say tyrone are there for the taking.  Its a while to the championship and tyrone have had a few weeks of hard training and have another few weeks yet.  They will be missing McGuigan and Mulligan, but should cope handy enough and hopefully when they get these 2 back then a 'Sam' challenge will really begin.  I wouldnt read too much into Tyrones supposed downfall, it wasnt too long ago that in the mckenna cup they were tanking teams all about the place, and although they didnt shine in the league they still drew with kerry down there and beat the dubs in croker.  People fail to realise that tyrone were chopping and changing 5/6 players for every game, trying out new players etc.  Ive a sneaky feeling it'll be another long summer for the red hands!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

FermPundit

Quote from: Bensars on April 26, 2007, 01:44:28 PM
Quote from: terrierblue on April 26, 2007, 01:33:30 PM

Big speak.................one swallow does not a summer make.         Whats the mood this week, is everyone loving charlie or is he public enemy no.1 again??

I'd be very surprised if Charlie is still at the helm after the summer although if we repeat the run of 2004 he might be around for another while yet

FermPundit

Manor House Hotel SFL Div 1

Rnd 4

St. Patricks 1-10, Derrygonnelly 2-08;
Teemore 3-09, Devenish 0-13;
Newtownbutler 1-19, Enniskillen 4-03;
Irvinestown 1-11, Lisnaskea 2-10;
Belcoo 3-08, Roslea 0-5

Fermanagh Herald SFL Div 2

Rnd 4

Maguiresbridge 0-09, Brookeboro 1-11;
Erne Gaels 1-08, Kinawley 2-08;
Aughadrumasee 0-07, St. Josephs 2-07;
Derrylin 0-6, Tempo 0-09;

ExiledGael

Another terrible result for Enniskillen Gaels, is that now four defeats from four?
Belcoo look to be going well, is Steven Maguire playing?
Nobody seems to know his situation exactly

OdoSkimodo

tintin25

Division 1

Enniskillen 3-13 Irvinestown 2-07
Teemore 1-07 Roslea 0-07
Lisnaskea 1-07 St Patricks 0-13
Devenish 1-04 Derrygonnelly 0-05 (I think)

Division 2

Brookeborough 1-06 Tempo 0-09
St Josephs 1-06 Kinawley 2-07
Aughadrumsee 1-06 Derrylin 0-12
Maguirebridge 1-08 Erne Gaels 1-10

ExiledGael

Bump!
Any news from our few fermanagh posters, seen a few posts on hoganstand regarding players leaving the panel to go to the US but it's news to me.
Senior League's shaping up well, still nearly anyone could win, Enniskillen look in big trouble though. Shams definitely gone

tintin25

A few boys have headed off to the states but no-one on the county panel I don't think. Just a few club players from the likes of Kinawley, Derrylin and Skea. Mark Little was meant to go apparently but according to sources he isn't. Leagues shaping up well with the top of Div 1 extremley tight and the Gales stuck near the bottom but you would expect them to get out of it. Tempo are nearly certain to win Div 2 outright with Ederney/Brookborugh battling it out for the 2nd remaining spot!

FermPundit

I heard Mark Little and Cecil were due to go to the states but have now postponed the trip until the championship is over. This could be this weekend when Skea play an in form Devenish side. I'm surprised to see them doing so well this year as they have been fighting relegation over the last few seasons. Division one is tight this year. You'd expect Irvinestown to go down but who will join them is not so easy to say. Enniskillen, although in a relegation position have two games in hand and should pull themselves to safety. Tempo are guaranteed to get promoted and I reckon Brookeboro will join them. Ederney are going well this year but I don't think they're good enough to go up.

Championship time this weekend and some interesting ties lie ahead. Here are my predicitions.

Friday 22nd June 2007
Intermediate & Senior Football Championships
@ Lisnaskea
Kevin Courtney (Garage/Mace) IFC @ 6.45pm
Derrylin                v          Kinawley - Kinawley
Quinn Direct SFC @ 8.15pm           
Teemore              v          Roslea - Teemore
Saturday 23rd June 2007
@ Irvinestown
Kevin Courtney (Garage/Mace) IFC @ 6.45pm
Maguiresbridge   v          Erne Gaels - The Bridge
Quinn Direct SFC @ 8.15pm
Devenish             v          Lisnaskea - Devenish
Sunday 24th June 2007
@ Teemore
Kevin Courtney (Garage/Mace) IFC @ 2.30pm     
St. Josephs         v          Aghadrumsee - St. Josephs
Quinn Direct SFC @ 4pm               
Newtownbutler    v          Belcoo - Newtown
@ Tempo
Quinn Direct SFC @ 7pm               
Irvinestown          v          Enniskillen Gaels - Enniskillen

ExiledGael

That will do Skea some harm in the league, any word on the Fermanagh training lately?
Are they keeping it together or having a good break?