I'd be surprised if
McCarron
Nugent
Mulgrew
Gallen
McCartan
Devlin maybe

Start in big league/ championship games
It was experimental enough starting line up. Prob about giving game time to lads

NotedObserver

Quote from: sam03/05 on January 22, 2023, 08:51:01 AM
To be fair
I'd be surprised if
McCarron
Nugent
Mulgrew
Gallen
McCartan
Devlin maybe

It was experimental enough starting line up. Prob about giving game time to lads

At the moment I would be surprised if the x2 Donnelly's, mcgeary, hampsey and munroe start in big championship games. Hard to pick a performance last night and where they going to find pace from

Tyrone11234

square_ball

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 22, 2023, 08:26:01 AM
Would everyone relax. Its the McKenna cup. Does anyone think that's the team that starts the championship?

Not getting over excited about a McKenna cup game but was still a disappointing performance none the less including from players that will be automatic starters this year. I'd still be very confident we will win our first 2 league games in the next few weeks.

An Watcher

I'm hopeful that he's playing his cards close to his chest.  Also, Tyrone are more or less guaranteed a place in the groups of 4 and 3 out of the 4 qualify for the next stage.  Maybe planning for the long haul

superstar_

Quote from: NotedObserver on January 22, 2023, 09:00:01 AM
To be fair
I'd be surprised if
McCarron
Nugent
Mulgrew
Gallen
McCartan
Devlin maybe

At the moment I would be surprised if the x2 Donnelly's, mcgeary, hampsey and munroe start in big championship games. Hard to pick a performance last night and where they going to find pace from
The last we will see of Richie? Was never good enough at County level, the thing that surprises me is how we are still giving him game time ten years down the road. Falls into the Conall McCann, Declan McClure bracket - good club player that isn't county standard, but that should have been recognised five years ago.
No obvious starting place for McGeary on present form. Hampseys form a major concern.
McNamee back in for Munroe should steady things defensively. Peter Harte back in starting at six will also help in that regard. Defence with Morgan McKernan McNamee Hampsey Meyler and Harte will give Tyrone a much more solid foundation to work from.
Forward line wise - McShane looks sharper and in better form which is a positive. Badly in need of Canavan in the team for creativity and spark to make something happen. Mulgrew, Nugent and these players are not the answer and they aren't the players to take Tyrone towards Ulster titles and contending for All Irelands.

trailer

Quote from: Christmas Lights on January 21, 2023, 11:28:21 PM
Hold on a minute here, All you guys wanted Dooher and Logie in, couldn't wait to get Mickey out. It looks an unhappy camp, tonight was clueless. It just shows that Tyrone would have won the all Ireland 2021 with Mickey at the helm.  It was essentially his team.

Harte was so full of himself. A yesterdays man. Running around with a blockbuster card in the netflix era. Tyrone were content to not get hammered under Harte but couldn't win. Although I miss Mickey as we would have won another 37 McKenna cups under his reign of terror.

nrico2006

Quote from: superstar_ on January 22, 2023, 11:09:42 AM
Quote from: NotedObserver on January 22, 2023, 09:00:01 AM
To be fair
I'd be surprised if
McCarron
Nugent
Mulgrew
Gallen
McCartan
Devlin maybe

The last we will see of Richie? Was never good enough at County level, the thing that surprises me is how we are still giving him game time ten years down the road. Falls into the Conall McCann, Declan McClure bracket - good club player that isn't county standard, but that should have been recognised five years ago.
No obvious starting place for McGeary on present form. Hampseys form a major concern.
McNamee back in for Munroe should steady things defensively. Peter Harte back in starting at six will also help in that regard. Defence with Morgan McKernan McNamee Hampsey Meyler and Harte will give Tyrone a much more solid foundation to work from.
Forward line wise - McShane looks sharper and in better form which is a positive. Badly in need of Canavan in the team for creativity and spark to make something happen. Mulgrew, Nugent and these players are not the answer and they aren't the players to take Tyrone towards Ulster titles and contending for All Irelands.

Always felt the same regarding Donnelly. Never saw him as deserving a regular place and often got starts ahead of more deserving players.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

harryR

What would the starting 15 be for the first league game then?

NotedObserver

I'm guessing they'll go something like

Morgan
Mccarron
Munroe
Hampsey
Mckernan
Harte
Devlin
Kilpatrick
Kennedy
Meyler
Canavan
Sludden
Mccurry
McShane
M Donnelly

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 22, 2023, 08:26:01 AM
Would everyone relax. Its the McKenna cup. Does anyone think that's the team that starts the championship?

I'd agree with that normally but in the context of last season it was important for Tyrone to show some indication on the McKenna Cup that they were starting the year in a much better place. There were encouraging signs in the first three games and I wouldn't have been bothered with losing last night, but the manner of the defeat was rather worrying. Lot of aimless play and boys going nowhere or going down blind alleys. Looked an awful like last season.

Hopefully the league will see them go up a level or two but McKenna Cup or not, that was a very poor effort.

square_ball

Quote from: NotedObserver on January 22, 2023, 03:07:41 PM

Morgan
Mccarron
Munroe
Hampsey
Mckernan
Harte
Devlin
Kilpatrick
Kennedy
Meyler
Canavan
Sludden
Mccurry
McShane
M Donnelly

That'll probably not be a million miles away. I can see them finding a spot for Burns and/or McGeary somewhere in the lineup.

NotedObserver

Quote from: square_ball on January 22, 2023, 03:19:59 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on January 22, 2023, 03:07:41 PM

Morgan
Mccarron
Munroe
Hampsey
Mckernan
Harte
Devlin
Kilpatrick
Kennedy
Meyler
Canavan
Sludden
Mccurry
McShane
M Donnelly

That'll probably not be a million miles away. I can see them finding a spot for Burns and/or McGeary somewhere in the lineup.

Ya possibly Devlin or sludden

ONeill

You get the feeling that this side needs an injection of something different to stir them. The likes of McGleenan when fit. They've lost that in McKenna who offered something different to everyone else in 2021, usually at key times. What we have now is fairly predictable, albeit very good.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

CK_Redhand

Making the same old mistakes every year. Exemplified by the start of the second half McShane not taking a mark and instead hitting it wide. If that hasn't been coached into him yet then there's no hope.