The Good News Thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 13, 2009, 11:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

EU agrees to end decades of overfishing

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/05c56eba-c8fa-11e2-bb56-00144feab7de.html

European fleets will have to end overfishing by the end of the decade and substantially abandon the practice of discarding after the EU agreed a sweeping overhaul of its troubled fisheries policy.
The agreement – between representatives from the European Commission, the parliament and member states – came shortly after 3am on Thursday morning following an all-night bargaining session that was, itself, preceded by more than a year of negotiations.

Croí na hÉireann

Behind the curve on this one, great news AZ, well apart from the Tipperary angle.  :P

On the run in ourselves, better not make any moves tomorrow.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Milltown Row2

Was up in the bathroom there now and I heard a someone shouting, didn't hear it clearly with the wind and the rain but heard something, came downstairs and went out into the garden heard it again and it was a definite cry for help coming from a house which backed on to our neighbours house but I still couldn't see what was up.

Was worried that it was my neighbour who is 9 months pregnant!! Didn't want to deal with that one, eventually I got a look into the other back garden and there was an old man in his late 80's lying where he fell, in the rain and muddy grass, I bounced over the fence like a Gisele and ran over to him, the old boy had been lying there for 30 minutes FFS shivering and in a bit of discomfort but he seem as if legs and hip were fine. Went into his house and got a blanket to throw round him to keep him warm while I went to get help from his son in-law who lived next door (he was in his late 60's!!) he was a ton weight managed to get him up and onto his bed.

Worries me had I not came home from the shop and went up stairs would anybody hear his calls or if they did would they have bothered to do anything!! The son in law was fast asleep so he couldn't hear him.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2013, 05:27:45 PM
Was up in the bathroom there now and I heard a someone shouting, didn't hear it clearly with the wind and the rain but heard something, came downstairs and went out into the garden heard it again and it was a definite cry for help coming from a house which backed on to our neighbours house but I still couldn't see what was up.

Was worried that it was my neighbour who is 9 months pregnant!! Didn't want to deal with that one, eventually I got a look into the other back garden and there was an old man in his late 80's lying where he fell, in the rain and muddy grass, I bounced over the fence like a Gisele and ran over to him, the old boy had been lying there for 30 minutes FFS shivering and in a bit of discomfort but he seem as if legs and hip were fine. Went into his house and got a blanket to throw round him to keep him warm while I went to get help from his son in-law who lived next door (he was in his late 60's!!) he was a ton weight managed to get him up and onto his bed.

Worries me had I not came home from the shop and went up stairs would anybody hear his calls or if they did would they have bothered to do anything!! The son in law was fast asleep so he couldn't hear him.

Well done MR2,we should always look out for our elderly neighbours as we are all heading there ourselves. >:(

Milltown Row2

Aye need to check in on neighbours, so all boarders have a wee check on your elderly ones near by.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Well done MR2.

Did you find his cash when you were in "getting a blanket"?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 15, 2013, 07:19:05 PM
Well done MR2.

Did you find his cash when you were in "getting a blanket"?

He'd nothing in his wallet, nice tv though ;)

Was well into his 80's, I'd to throw his quilt round him, it was cover in mud and soaking after a second, rain pissing down ffs. His son in law was late sixties and didn't move well also, ya wonder how we'll end up when (if) we hit that age, can't be great.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 15, 2013, 07:29:13 PM
Surprised you didn't try and recruit the two of them for your Southy match against Sarsfields.

Zimmer frame in the corner so defo not up to the task, rugby I'd say was his game though

Hardy

He was lucky you had the ballet training.

brokencrossbar1

Were you wearing this little number when you 'bounced over the fence'?

You're a real hero!!!

johnneycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 17, 2013, 01:10:33 PM

Were you wearing this little number when you 'bounced over the fence'?

You're a real hero!!!

Jez,
  If MR2 had bounced over the fence looking like that the old lad would have had a heart attack (as well as a boner)

Milltown Row2

No the wife stayed put, she came round in the car as it was raining ;)

LeoMc

I had to read that a second time before I figured out the pictures.  ;D

Billys Boots

Here's MR taking the fence on!

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

laoislad

I started this thread as a place for good news not as a Look at me I'm f**king great I saved someone's life thread.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.