Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.Poacher2012

GAA Coaching Clinic

Date: Saturday 15th November 2014

Venue: St Columban's College Kilkeel

Cost: £10 (Includes Tea/Coffee and information booklet)

** Proceeds for the development of GAA in St Columbans**

AGENDA:

10am: Welcome

10.10am: Aidan O' Rourke (Development Manager Queens Gaa)

"Building elements of a game-plan into training sessions"

- Clearly defined game-plan goals

- Fundamentals of play with and without the ball

- Transitions during games

**Practical Session Outdoor**

11.45am: Tea/Coffee/Snack

12.00pm: Conor Laverty (Trinity College Gaa Development Officer)

"Developing Attacking Play in your team"

**Practical Session Outdoor**

Contact Steven Poacher to confirm place via text to 07779780919 or email to stevepoacher@hotmail.com **Payment on the day**

rosskarr

Keith was an improvement this year from the last few years.
Adams may do better again!

Leonardo

Rosskarr, hard to understand what you are saying? Did Clonduff improve last year? If so , why have they changed manager. From my own point of view it's unfair to give a man 1 year and expect miracles. I thought Clonduff were doing well under Benny Corrigan and got rid off too soon

rosskarr

Just thought Championship wise they were better than 2013

NP 76

Just after hearing that frank Dawson is to take on the role of u 21 manager for Down as part of Mc Corrys back room team. Anyone else hear anything ?

snoopdog

Quote from: NP 76 on November 01, 2014, 09:02:19 PM
Just after hearing that frank Dawson is to take on the role of u 21 manager for Down as part of Mc Corrys back room team. Anyone else hear anything ?

Did the minors change management? Last may in Omagh was the  worst performance ive ever seen in my time from a Down minor team in the championship

5 Sams

Quote from: snoopdog on November 01, 2014, 09:11:19 PM

Did the minors change management? Last may in Omagh was the  worst performance ive ever seen in my time from a Down minor team in the championship

If you knew enough about what the minor manager had at his disposal then you might be able to understand why we were so bad...Shane Mulholland is still there.
The Aristocrat Years

elk

this year was poor. last year down had a great squad and still didnt deliver. so whats going to be diferent this year?

Shamrocks Gaelp

Will Dawson take on the role of a selector or is he just the new U21 manager?

snoopdog

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 01, 2014, 09:14:09 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on November 01, 2014, 09:11:19 PM

If you knew enough about what the minor manager had at his disposal then you might be able to understand why we were so bad...Shane Mulholland is still there.

I don't live in the  county anymore so don't know much about the minor standard to be honest. so whats the pick for next year any better. Still doesn't take away from the fact that the manager must take some of the blame for such a terrible performance.  It wasn't as if tyrone minors were that great either.

Shamrocks Gaelp

In my opinion the minors will mount a challenge next year

Line Ball

From Official Down GAA Facebook page

Down Senior Football Team Manager Jim McCorry is delighted to announce that Frank Dawson will be taking up the role of Under 21 coach as part of his backroom team.

Frank will work closely with Jim as Down go in search of their first Ulster Under 21 Title since 2009.

As for the Minors, there was more than enough potential in last year's panel to at least get past Tyrone.  If we are going to play a similar brand of football that Mulholland is renowned for then I can't see this year being any different.  What ever happened to trying to win a game rather than trying not to lose it?  Our Minors have been piss poor for the last 3 or four years and it hasn't been because of the players.

whitegoodman

charlieTully

Quote from: whitegoodman on November 01, 2014, 09:59:02 PM
Great appointment IMO

any down men in the set up? are we that bad we need to rely on armagh and antrim men, ffs. ?

DuffleKing

Quote from: charlieTully on November 01, 2014, 10:26:07 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on November 01, 2014, 09:59:02 PM
Great appointment IMO

any down men in the set up? are we that bad we need to rely on armagh and antrim men, ffs. ?

Yip