Kevin Lynch's GAC

Started by ardmhachaabu, October 02, 2009, 11:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenbeg

Quote from: Owenbeg on October 03, 2009, 08:54:42 PM
Well done Joe ;D-  it cuts through the bullshit. couldnt have wrote it any better myself

Lady GAA GAA

Oraisteach

Having read Joe's piece, I feel that little bit better about having played on the Armagh U-16s that beat Derry in Dungiven the year before Kevin Lynch lifted the cup.  I suppose Kevin Lynch must have played in that match.

And in the spirit of Joe's description of the Dungiven defense, my fondest memory of that encounter was cracking a lad over the head (he wasn't protecting himself properly as he tried to catch a high ball) and his replacement assuring me in no uncertain terms that he would get me back, which he did with about two minutes left, breakiing my arm, thereby denying my one shot at playing in Croke Park.

It was, I suppose, a lynching of sorts.

Remember Pa Dillon too going for a feed after an Oireachtas final between Kilkenny and Clare, the blood still fresh around his mouth after a good whack in the gob.

longrunsthefox

Is about time the county boards in the North hit back here. Sunday Life today lists the clubs with names of teams and tournaments called after deceased volunteers (not wat the paper calls them)... Any GAA members I know from those clubs will only be more determined to carry on the tournaments. The GAA needs to stop pussy footing about here as a club backlash is on the way... watch this space   

CĂșig huaire

The Sunday life have GAA coverage nowadays?  :o
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

longrunsthefox

Was chating to a member of a club that runs a tournament in Tyrone in memory of former club member shot by Brits. He was in the IRA. Yer man reckons it will draw thousands to the competition next year... vote with your feet sort of idea. I agree... doesn't necessarily mean they all supported the IRA but these were our club members and neighbours. 

Myles Na G.

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 04, 2009, 01:07:43 PM
Was chating to a member of a club that runs a tournament in Tyrone in memory of former club member shot by Brits. He was in the IRA. Yer man reckons it will draw thousands to the competition next year... vote with your feet sort of idea. I agree... doesn't necessarily mean they all supported the IRA but these were our club members and neighbours.
...who spent their time trying to murder other neighbours who held a different political view. Nelson McCausland's strategy isn't original. He's borrowed the idea of using sponsorship as a weapon from Fr Sean McManus, who deployed it against Linfield FC in the late 1980s. And given the changes that have taken place at that club over the years, who's to say that Nelson isn't on to something? Even bigots can be right occasionally.

Captain Black

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 04, 2009, 07:53:52 PM
...who spent their time trying to murder other neighbours who held a different political view. Nelson McCausland's strategy isn't original. He's borrowed the idea of using sponsorship as a weapon from Fr Sean McManus, who deployed it against Linfield FC in the late 1980s. And given the changes that have taken place at that club over the years, who's to say that Nelson isn't on to something? Even bigots can be right occasionally.

kevin lynches will be going strong a long time after nelson moves on. nelson is on to nothing other than making a nuisance of himself.

longrunsthefox

They can keep their grants- we survived for decades without them. We won't be told what tournaments we can run or what to call our clubs.. end of.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

What you say may have some truth, but the fact is Linfield now have 30-40% catholic players. but the fans are 100% loyalist and would drop kegs on any poor eejit who made himself known.
Tbc....

whiskeysteve

Congratulations to Kevin Lynches who successfully secured a grant to build a clubhouse reputedly in the 6figure region.

And of course thanks to Nelson McCauseland et al for funding the GAA in these hard recessionary times. Though he has a front of being staunchly indifferent/opposed to the GAA it appears he is a closet GAA lover, what with 26 of the 40 clubs who recently received funding being GAA clubs.

His stance of denying funding to Kevin Lynches was a clever piece of reverse psychology of his part, successfully drumming up support and reinforcing the determination of volunteers to weigh in behind the growth and progression of the club.

The GAA is thriving, thank you Nelson

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Owenbeg

Whisley you could have at least put his head on a KLHC jersey and not a StCanice one. Its a cracker thou