Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 01:15:03 PM
How could I be negative....Cargin county champs again and 4th rated team in Ulster.
No retirements announced and a strong panel to start again 2023 with a lot of young guns seeking senior berths gonna be hard to dislodge...

Well as for negativity and although we were representing Antrim on Sunday a well wisher from a prominent club posted on social media Sunday evening..

'Green Machine crashes, outside Omagh'

Help required....

Funny.......those who think so hands up

Definitely a bit of Jose Mourinho in you CB  ;D

Didn't read much negativity here tbh.

barnish oggie

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 01:15:03 PM
How could I be negative....Cargin county champs again and 4th rated team in Ulster.
No retirements announced and a strong panel to start again 2023 with a lot of young guns seeking senior berths gonna be hard to dislodge...

Well as for negativity and although we were representing Antrim on Sunday a well wisher from a prominent club posted on social media Sunday evening..

'Green Machine crashes, outside Omagh'

Help required....

Funny.......those who think so hands up

I see Mr Breathe has backed down from that post......sometimes people open their mouths much quicker than their brain should allow them!

imtommygunn

Also why 4th. Joint 3rd. Glass half full  ;D

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 29, 2022, 02:36:07 PM

ITG I think the glass is more than half full already  ;D ;)

country bumpkin

Can rate your own club ITG....don't be shy be proud not akin to a camouflaged sniper taking lot shots in anonymity.....

country bumpkin

Same for you Nag.....be proud and I will take a stab at rating your club......bet you are above Cargin...beating them on a regular basis....??

imtommygunn

;D

I am currently not associated with any club and I don't really take shots at any club CB.

I just find your willingness to turn any innocuous comment of any description into an accusation of Cargin bashing as ridiculous. That's not a reflection on your club just you so my club has no bearing on anything. It's real siege mentality and basically kills any form of discussion here as it gets ridiculous just like your last few days postings.

[Edit] BTW your last post shows that again. Oh you are showing some criticism let me tell you how much better my club are than yours. Laughable.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 29, 2022, 03:43:00 PM
;D

I am currently not associated with any club and I don't really take shots at any club CB.

I just find your willingness to turn any innocuous comment of any description into an accusation of Cargin bashing as ridiculous. That's not a reflection on your club just you so my club has no bearing on anything. It's real siege mentality and basically kills any form of discussion here as it gets ridiculous just like your last few days postings.

[Edit] BTW your last post shows that again. Oh you are showing some criticism let me tell you how much better my club are than yours. Laughable.
Spot on. They're a paranoid and insecure bunch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 03:42:17 PM
Same for you Nag.....be proud and I will take a stab at rating your club......bet you are above Cargin...beating them on a regular basis....??

So I'm beyond you rating me or any Johnnies men or Rossa men for that matter :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Quote from: AntrimRealist on November 28, 2022, 09:15:05 AM
Quote from: Saul goodman on November 27, 2022, 08:04:00 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 27, 2022, 07:25:03 PM
Apparently P F endured hamstring problems mid-week and indeed he would not have been fooled by the results of 'sniper at work' today.
Soft frees indeed and one led to that penalty.

But if some suggest Glen are the real deal and one of the top sides in the country I still take a lot to be persuaded....

I thought the glen no 10 think it is Ethan Doherty went to ground very easily John carron I think got done for a soft free on him- mick McCann also another ref defo would have let a lot more go

McCann's was a definite free - he put his hand into opponent's face - it's football, not rugby.  Cargin decision making in last 15 minutes cost them, nothing to do with the referee.  Corner back took on a very difficult shot and missed, McCann free in middle of the park, tried to find Tomas who was very tightly marked, Glen score came from that.  Fine margins but ultimately Glen didn't panic when it came down to the wire, Cargin did.

Hate being pedantic but Emmett Bradley missed this free kick following a harsh decision on Kevin O'Boyle.  We see what we want to see i suppose. 

I thought Cargin managed the game really well, defused a lot of Glen's weapons and counterattacked well. Everyone said stay clear of Glen's midfield and Cargin did the opposite and bravely went toe to toe in there. Shooting conditions were difficult for both sides.  What Glen did do well was restrict the number of easy opportunities for Cargin to shoot from, always forced them to shoot from distance.  I suspect Glen will have learned a lot about themselves from Sunday. Certainly more than Kilcoo learned.

country bumpkin

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 29, 2022, 03:43:00 PM
;D

Figured as much....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on November 29, 2022, 03:57:49 PM
Quote from: AntrimRealist on November 28, 2022, 09:15:05 AM
Quote from: Saul goodman on November 27, 2022, 08:04:00 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 27, 2022, 07:25:03 PM
Apparently P F endured hamstring problems mid-week and indeed he would not have been fooled by the results of 'sniper at work' today.
Soft frees indeed and one led to that penalty.

But if some suggest Glen are the real deal and one of the top sides in the country I still take a lot to be persuaded....

I thought the glen no 10 think it is Ethan Doherty went to ground very easily John carron I think got done for a soft free on him- mick McCann also another ref defo would have let a lot more go

McCann's was a definite free - he put his hand into opponent's face - it's football, not rugby.  Cargin decision making in last 15 minutes cost them, nothing to do with the referee.  Corner back took on a very difficult shot and missed, McCann free in middle of the park, tried to find Tomas who was very tightly marked, Glen score came from that.  Fine margins but ultimately Glen didn't panic when it came down to the wire, Cargin did.

Hate being pedantic but Emmett Bradley missed this free kick following a harsh decision on Kevin O'Boyle.  We see what we want to see i suppose. 

I thought Cargin managed the game really well, defused a lot of Glen's weapons and counterattacked well. Everyone said stay clear of Glen's midfield and Cargin did the opposite and bravely went toe to toe in there. Shooting conditions were difficult for both sides.  What Glen did do well was restrict the number of easy opportunities for Cargin to shoot from, always forced them to shoot from distance.  I suspect Glen will have learned a lot about themselves from Sunday. Certainly more than Kilcoo learned.

The ref missed Glass being hit by a shoulder on side of face (had he seen it someone was going for an early bath) he stopped play and Cargin had possession, so no foul given, there were things like this throughout the game, some he got some he didn't.. The rookie mistake is talking back and having the ball moved forward though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2022, 03:52:04 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 03:42:17 PM

So I'm beyond you rating me or any Johnnies men or Rossa men for that matter :D

Did not ask you but am well aware of the status of both the Johnnies and Rossa.
But as to your own field of expertise before that whistler arrived on the Cargin scene on Sunday who was in harge when Cargin lost their only championship game (knock out)
over the last eight years...

Think hard......

Spike

MR2 in that case every single free kick in that game should have been moved forward for both sides.  Basic short questioning of a decision the player doesn't comprehend in the middle of football match is not abuse.   It is the lack of consistency whether that be in action for talking back, black cards, yellow cards, red cards, shoulder challenges or simply the common tackle that grates both the players and supporters.   Consistency in fitness levels as well.   If you're telling me you have similar fitness levels as Sundays referee then there must be a large margin for error.

On the players and supporters side, verbal or physical abuse and vitriol is simply not acceptable and should not be tolerated in any form. 

Flanker

Quote from: NAG1 on November 29, 2022, 03:20:42 PM

ITG I think the glass is more than half full already  ;D ;)

Newsflash from the school bus at Ballygawley roundabout

Errigal Ciaran laying claim to joint 3rd place as Glen only beat them by 4 points. Their legal team feel they have a strong case based on back of the school bus logic.

CB had better head for the Tyrone page and put those pesky upstarts back in their box