Kerry Club competitions

Started by Kerry Mike, February 14, 2011, 05:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

With regard to
"The Intermediate Championship (16 teams), the winners represent Kerry in Munster Intermediate Club and also get promotion to Kerry Senior Club"

Surely they only get to play in Kerry senior club if they decide to go Senior?

Also, who do Mitchels play with in the Senior c'ship?

Keyser soze

Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 15, 2011, 04:24:49 PM
QuoteAmazing that...thanks Mike for sharing that

No Bother I must save this as the question pops up nearly every year about the Kerry format, it looks complicated but when you have played in it you understand how good a structure it is. No wonder there is a full time secretary in Kerry nowadays to run all those games. The Kerry GAA have used to produce a booklet of fixtures for years called Eolaire which was very useful , not sure if it out this year or not.

We have a full time secretary in Derry as well. With roughly half the number of clubs and a shed load less of fixtures and it's still an absolute fiasco.

spuds

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 15, 2011, 09:54:11 PM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 15, 2011, 04:24:49 PM
QuoteAmazing that...thanks Mike for sharing that

No Bother I must save this as the question pops up nearly every year about the Kerry format, it looks complicated but when you have played in it you understand how good a structure it is. No wonder there is a full time secretary in Kerry nowadays to run all those games. The Kerry GAA have used to produce a booklet of fixtures for years called Eolaire which was very useful , not sure if it out this year or not.

We have a full time secretary in Derry as well. With roughly half the number of clubs and a shed load less of fixtures and it's still an absolute fiasco.

Is it after a set period of time (5 years ??) that the county secretary either stands down or gets the job as a paid position ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

bailestil

That is impressive stuff, running off so many games. It can only be good, for players, playing in so many games/competitions.
KerryMike - at underage are the setups similar? Is there divisional teams/divisional cups and leagues etc?

How many games would underage players get per year?

AZOffaly

Quote from: bailestil on February 16, 2011, 09:09:21 AM
That is impressive stuff, running off so many games. It can only be good, for players, playing in so many games/competitions.
KerryMike - at underage are the setups similar? Is there divisional teams/divisional cups and leagues etc?

How many games would underage players get per year?

Sorry to answer for KM, but yes, the underage set up would be similar. The divisional sides contest Minor and Under 21 as well. With the school's competitions as well, they can be very busy. Of course they play feck all hurling down there, so that helps give them weekends for all the games.

HiMucker

Would you say the league games are less competitive or is there always a battle for clubs to get promotion

brianboru00

Is there any stipulation as to which games county players must be available? And how many competitive games does an average club player get per year?

AZOffaly

League games are very competitive early on in the year, but I;ve seen shocking scenes of collusion between clubs when one or the other need the points for either promotion or relegation battles :D

As for the county players, I think they are only guaranteed to be available for Club Championship and County Championship, and Divisional championship (which tend to be after the inter county season anyway)

clarshack

Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 15, 2011, 02:30:50 PM
Quotealready you can guess who will likely win the kerry and all ireland junior next year - declan o'sullivan's dromid pearses.

Dont think so, as they are losing alot of players this year and may even struggle to field a team.

should have had money on it! dromid beat duagh (the team ziggys greencastle beat a few years back) yesterday 0-8 to 1-3.

found some highlights here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJFNC76tSIM

dont think there would be too many junior defences around the rest of the country that would handle declan o'sullivan.

emmetryan

Cheers for posting that, not just because of the highlights but also because it led me back to the first page which explained everything to me about Kerry's structures.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

kuht

Quote from: blanketattack on February 15, 2011, 04:46:14 PM
With regard to
"The Intermediate Championship (16 teams), the winners represent Kerry in Munster Intermediate Club and also get promotion to Kerry Senior Club"

Surely they only get to play in Kerry senior club if they decide to go Senior?

Also, who do Mitchels play with in the Senior c'ship?

Mitchells play with St.Brendans in the cship