Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

Quote from: NotedObserver on July 17, 2019, 10:31:53 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 17, 2019, 10:18:52 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on July 17, 2019, 08:53:20 PM
Guys what is the best place in Ireland for a stag these days? Group of 15 or so in October?

It would surely vary depending on your age, and whether you want into nightclubs.

30 range and probably would like to end up in a late bar/nightclub

Galway/Kilkenny two good spots for stags.

DickyRock

Guys. Any tips for a stag in Sligo. Places to stay / things to do?

OakleafCounty

Quote from: DickyRock on August 28, 2019, 08:12:41 AM
Guys. Any tips for a stag in Sligo. Places to stay / things to do?

I wouldn't bother. Bouncers in Sligo don't let stag parties through the doors.

general

PortLaoise a great wee town - nice and central

NotedObserver

Accommodation for Stag go in Galway?

bennydorano

Stayed in the Raddison Blu with a big group for a stag in Galway with no issues, was near 10 years ago mind

harryR

Quote from: NotedObserver on January 24, 2023, 10:33:38 AM
Accommodation for Stag go in Galway?

Went on a stag in Galway recently. Advice is to not make it obvious there is a group of use on a stag. Most bars had a no stag/hen policy and we only got into places when going in smaller groups.
To be fair we where in fancy dress and day 2

An Watcher

Never got this fancy dress thing at stag dos.  You go, get hammered and do the same the next day.  Is dressing up more of an English thing?  Maybe I'm showing my age!

harryR

Kilkenny is meant to be very good. One we would do up here is get a bus from the local club and go round random pubs either in the glens of Antrim or Derry/Donegal for the day. Usually very good craic

Armagh18

Quote from: harryR on January 24, 2023, 11:57:56 AM
Kilkenny is meant to be very good. One we would do up here is get a bus from the local club and go round random pubs either in the glens of Antrim or Derry/Donegal for the day. Usually very good craic
Kilkenny is good but can be funny with groups and just randomly pick lads they don't like the look of. Coppers is hard to beat!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 24, 2023, 12:11:32 PM
Kilkenny is good but can be funny with groups and just randomly pick lads they don't like the look of. Coppers is hard to beat!

They know you are footballers so its just to piss ya off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 12:19:41 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 24, 2023, 12:11:32 PM

They know you are footballers so its just to piss ya off
FFS if I'd known that I could have took the boots with me and shown them that I'm far from a footballer! ;D

maddog

I've stag to attend in Ballaghaderreen early March which will entail Mayo v Ros which is at the Hyde i believe. Pub recommendations welcome !

toby47

Quote from: An Watcher on January 24, 2023, 11:52:51 AM
Never got this fancy dress thing at stag dos.  You go, get hammered and do the same the next day.  Is dressing up more of an English thing?  Maybe I'm showing my age!

I'd agree, wouldn't be fussed on the fancy dress stuff. It's also an excuse for pubs to not let you in.

BrotherMore6592

Looking at Krakow , Budapest or Hamburg (never been to any) for my brothers in Feb/March 2024.

Anyone been?

Will be about 20 going

Previously been to Amsterdam, Barcelona, all usual UK spots, none of the lads want to go down south cos it's a rip off and we've all been to Galway / Dublin a rake of times.