Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

The children will be back full time in Sept. The guidance is being changed so so quickly that there will be no medical advice for the Teachers to continue hide behind while abdicating their responsibilities.

Smurfy123

Exactly my point trailer. Weir has said 1 metre now as it stands but things may change which they will in 10 weeks time. Hardstation why didn't the union realise a statement saying it's very positive news and welcome but we still have a lot of work to do between now and August 24th? And sit down with Weir and the government and sort it. Complete scaremongering with the hope it scares parents

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on June 19, 2020, 01:57:18 PM
The children will be back full time in Sept. The guidance is being changed so so quickly that there will be no medical advice for the Teachers to continue hide behind while abdicating their responsibilities.

As I've said many times before, teaching as normal in September will be much easier than this whole 1m social distancing, staggered lunch breaks, staggered start and end times, half a class in and half at home etc etc. What a pain in the hole that is! I think people are getting confused that teachers don't want the kids in or only half a class in.  I want my full class in, as normal and teach like every other year. I'm hoping that the 1m will be scrapped by then. If it hasn't changed by then it will be a complete ball ache. And people comparing pubs and gaa clubs being open is a waste of time, they're voluntary things that you can go to if you want, school isn't.

JimStynes

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 19, 2020, 09:43:03 AM
My plan would be to get all the kids back in September every last one of them. 50% return on week 1 then 50% return on week 2 then maybe 75% return week 3 and then every single child in on week 4 which would be the middle of September. Don't forget this is 10 weeks away and kids will have been off for 6 months. 6 months!! Hardly rushing things back
There was 1 case in Northern Ireland yesterday ffs. What is the problem?
If the kids are not back the parents can't work this goes hand in hand.

I don't see any problems with that at all. I would welcome that. P7 are back on the 24th of August as it stands, we could have the whole school back by the second week of September.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on June 19, 2020, 01:57:18 PM

What about if a child has underlying conditions or a teacher has underlying conditions,, would the guidance be changed for that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: hardstation on June 19, 2020, 02:21:56 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 19, 2020, 02:18:01 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 19, 2020, 09:43:03 AM
My plan would be to get all the kids back in September every last one of them. 50% return on week 1 then 50% return on week 2 then maybe 75% return week 3 and then every single child in on week 4 which would be the middle of September. Don't forget this is 10 weeks away and kids will have been off for 6 months. 6 months!! Hardly rushing things back
There was 1 case in Northern Ireland yesterday ffs. What is the problem?
If the kids are not back the parents can't work this goes hand in hand.

I don't see any problems with that at all. I would welcome that. P7 are back on the 24th of August as it stands, we could have the whole school back by the second week of September.
What's the thought behind the staggered start? Why not just everyone in day 1?

That would be ideal but realistically they'll not allow it. Corona virus is basically gone here now so by September we could have everyone back. Only thing is no one knows if this is seasonal and it comes back again.

Smurfy123

Milltown I have already answered you of course it will be different for teachers and children with underlying conditions if they can't stick to the guidance that is set out. But they will be taught from home maybe but surely that is a small price to pay. Anyone with underlying conditions in any job now is not back so teachers will be no different
Hardstation a staggered start as it gives everyone an opportunity to feel themselves back in and get any issues sorted then when the schools are only going at 50%
It makes perfect sense. Do you disagree?

Smurfy123

It doesn't need to go Hardstation and you know it
A bit like there will be no sport until social distancing goes
It's hasnt gone and sport is opening up at an extremely fast pace

ONeill

Is the 1m distance smaller between two small pupils (say 4'8'') than it is between two big pupils (5'10'')? Been up all night pondering this.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Smurfy123

In a room at 20ft wide by 24ft long you could fit 30 kids single table no problem. That's allowing a bit too. I would think most classes are no smaller

Smurfy123

How's it not??
20 ft wide that fits 6 kids allowing for 1 ft extra
24 ft long fits 7 kids allowing for 1/2 ft extra
You could actually fit in more
Now take away a row that leaves 36 kids
Now take away 2 rows that's 30

Kidder81

Smurfy123

Kidder I'm only stating the absolute facts on a class of 20 by 24
Off course staggering break and lunch time will need to be done
And also work around transport
Something the union forgot to mention
Crazy they didn't even mention

johnnycool

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 19, 2020, 03:28:54 PM
Kidder I'm only stating the absolute facts on a class of 20 by 24
Off course staggering break and lunch time will need to be done
And also work around transport
Something the union forgot to mention
Crazy they didn't even mention

How many kids would you be able to get on a normal Ulsterbus that takes over 50 people?

20?

Rois

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 19, 2020, 03:16:05 PM
How's it not??
20 ft wide that fits 6 kids allowing for 1 ft extra
24 ft long fits 7 kids allowing for 1/2 ft extra
You could actually fit in more
Now take away a row that leaves 36 kids
Now take away 2 rows that's 30
Don't forget the width of a child  - you need at least another 2ft per child to make sure there's a metre between the children. Otherwise you're only putting in 1-2ft between children. Doesn't work.

Maybe o'Neill's point is valid - let the small skinny kids back first to maximise numbers  ;D