The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Balotelli was about a mile onside there. Thems the breaks. Villa much more committed over the 90.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

heganboy

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 19, 2015, 05:00:11 PM
Looks like liverpool will have to get the Argos catalogue out to find Stevie g an alternative birthday present.  ;)

Real zinger...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: heganboy on April 19, 2015, 05:01:12 PM
Balotelli was about a mile onside there. Thems the breaks. Villa much more committed over the 90.
These things even themselves out over the season.

Captain Obvious

A few weeks ago Liverpool had a great chance of finishing in the top four and giving Steven Gerrard a perfect send off by winning the FA cup wasn't to be and Liverpools season has now ended in a damp squib. I think its time to replace Brendan Rodgers with another young manager one that has the experience of winning major honours Jürgen Klopp looks like a good fit would he take the job if offered to him this summer?

Milltown Row2

Celtic and Liverpool out on the same day... SUPER SUNDAYS
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Over the Bar

3 years on and not as much as a saucepan lid lifted by Brendan's team.  Will the Americans give him the chop this summer?

beer baron

If Liverpool are getting rid of Rodgers it might be wise to get him out asap as harsh as it sounds. Could be plenty of clubs looking for the top Managers. City,Napoli and Madrid almost certainly will be and probably a few others too.

JoG2

Never seen a kick of it, very disappointing result

Over the bar, you won't be too far away for poster of the year I'd say. a mighty shift so far

deiseach

I was otherwise engaged today. thank God. For the rest of ye who had no reason to be in Nowlan Park...:(

supersub

He won't be removed before the end of the season if at all. If he was come the summer, where do they go then? Who do they bring in? Whoever it is won't have more money to spend than Rodgers, they'll still have to negotiate with upstairs on transfer dealings, they'll still not be able to offer bumper contracts to current or prospective players and they won't play a better brand of football than Rodgers. Maybe they will be better at the psychological part of the game but that's about it. We aren't going to attract a Guardiola type as there is no Champions League (most likely, and if there was Rodgers would def stay imo) and so anyone else would probably be a step sideways and the rebuilding process will have to start (again), as there are likely to be a good few departures player wise come the summer.

Stick with Rodgers but they have to breach this wage and transfer cap they seem to have, it is majorly affecting Liverpool's chances of bringing in World Class talent, which is what is needed. Proven players, not potential, there has been enough of that already.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: deiseach on April 19, 2015, 07:05:38 PM
I was otherwise engaged today. thank God. For the rest of ye who had no reason to be in Nowlan Park...:(

Immense game... Only April but they certainly didn't roll over when it looked as if Tipp were going to run away with it 7 points up early doors
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on April 19, 2015, 07:05:38 PM
Great win saw the last 10mins.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

T Fearon

Brendan Rodgers nearly got a team to the FA Cup Final.Oops sorry! Right weekend,wrong year! (Reading)

An Watcher

I really doubt if anyone could take this Liverpool team further than Rodgers. Reminds me of the villa fans calling for oneills head a few years back after he had them in the top 6 three years running. Last year was a freak year due to suarez.

T Fearon

Liverpool are a small club with small resources.They will not attract a top manager,though Rodgers will be sacrificed for Benitez to appease the fans,most likely