The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: joemamas on June 05, 2022, 11:55:44 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 05, 2022, 10:31:46 PM
Imagine a drinking game where you had to down a shot every time Ger Canning said the word "ever".

Nobody would see the second half!

Or "Strongly built fellow" or "it's a huge one"

He tells me that all the time.

Sorry, what we talkin about?

Sportacus

They've put the iPads away which is good.  Sit round the table and comment on the games.

yellowcard

Quote from: Gael85 on June 06, 2022, 10:20:14 AM
Spillane got covid support during the pandemic.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pundit-pat-spillane-received-32-000-in-covid-support-nbdntlq7p

This is why media opinion should be taken with a pinch of salt when it comes to Super 8s, championship structure and shortened season.

They all see things according to their own narrow vested interests. I seen Spillane recently up in arms about the season finishing up in July. Not a bit of wonder. He still got 2 half seasons punditry work yet also managed to claim €32k of taxpayers money for the rest of the time he was off 'work'.

Rudi

Quote from: yellowcard on June 06, 2022, 02:16:12 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on June 06, 2022, 10:20:14 AM
Spillane got covid support during the pandemic.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pundit-pat-spillane-received-32-000-in-covid-support-nbdntlq7p

This is why media opinion should be taken with a pinch of salt when it comes to Super 8s, championship structure and shortened season.

They all see things according to their own narrow vested interests. I seen Spillane recently up in arms about the season finishing up in July. Not a bit of wonder. He still got 2 half seasons punditry work yet also managed to claim €32k of taxpayers money for the rest of the time he was off 'work'.

Kunt has no shame claiming that 32k, country is full of entitled kunts like Spillane.

Gmac

Good to see Jim mcguinness has cheered up a bit and not as boring as last time I saw him , actually enjoyed his analysis today .

joemamas

Quote from: Gmac on June 11, 2022, 07:57:26 PM
Good to see Jim mcguinness has cheered up a bit and not as boring as last time I saw him , actually enjoyed his analysis today .

He, Peter Canavan and the host, don't know her name are so much better than RTE's cliche fest, it is immeasurable.

illdecide

RTE are so far behind SKY and the BBC it's laughable for punditry and analysis. Marty Clarke, We GOD, Oisin and Micky H are all worth listening too. Jimmy is good too but the Donegal accent does not do it for me...lol.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Who gives a shite, more important things to worry about , watch the games just and stop whinging . I assume yous are paying for sky btw

Dougal Maguire

Who's that panelist on RTE with O'Rourke and Cavanagh?  A complete one trick pony. Hopeless
Careful now

anportmorforjfc

Jaysus your woman pundit couldn't be anymore biased towards Donegal.

imtommygunn

Cora Staunton. I don't disagree with her. I think it would be good to see Armagh come good but this year they have beat a very off colour Tyrone team and done nothing else when it mattered. (Fwiw I wouldn't mind seeing them win but think this is a terrible fixture for them).

restorepride

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 12, 2022, 03:44:53 PM
Who's that panelist on RTE with O'Rourke and Cavanagh?  A complete one trick pony. Hopeless
That is Biddy Early. Don't mess with her.

full moon

She's hard to listen to, RTE must have a gender quota in play .  Wouldn't be a fan of the two bucks alongside either.

They have such terrible punditry

joemamas

Quote from: full moon on June 12, 2022, 04:47:04 PM

She's hard to listen to, RTE must have a gender quota in play .  Wouldn't be a fan of the two bucks alongside either.

They have such terrible punditry

Was thinking the same thing myself. Additionaly Sean Cavanagh comes across a bit smug for my liking.