Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

screenexile

Quote from: joemamas on June 12, 2022, 05:59:29 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 12, 2022, 05:40:48 PM
So who avoids who, Only Galway have played Mayo, Kerry v Cork previous

If that was one of the criteria, then how were Armagh able to be drawn against Donegal, just like Mayo played and lost to Galway, but according to Joanne Cantwell Mayo cannot meet Galway again.
it really feels like they are making it up as they go along, or maybe Joanne Cantwell was incorrect with her information.

Rules are that Qualifiers are an open draw but they will "try to avoid teams playing each other for a 2nd time" in the AIQF.

Definitely not made up as they go along!

inroundthesquare

Kerry v Mayo, Armagh, Clare

Dublin v Mayo, Armagh, Clare, Cork

Galway v Armagh, Clare, Cork

Derry v Mayo, Armagh, Clare, Cork

highorlow

If Mayo and Galway are the last balls left in the drum then we play against each other (I think).
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

anportmorforjfc

Wonder will Armagh and Cork get the full two weeks rest and then play on the Sunday. Suppose depends on how the draw goes. Wondering as I can only attend on the Sunday.

Gael80

I think it's only Provincial finalists that can't play the team that beat them in that final so Galway v Mayo would be ok. The QF weekend with this format is now the biggest football weekend of the year as it was back in the 00's. If the GAA could hand pick the draw to attract the biggest audiences and best games I reckon they'd like:

Galway v Armagh
Derry v Mayo

Dublin v Cork
Kerry v Clare

They would almost fill Croke Park Saturday and Sunday with those fixtures.

tbrick18

Derry v Armagh is almost a cert.

Wildweasel74

Long as it on sat, got Kings of Leon Sunday,

Wildweasel74

I don't think Clare v Dublin have much appeal to it

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 12, 2022, 07:02:32 PM
Derry v Armagh is almost a cert.

Almost?
If I was a betting man I'd lump the house, wife AND the weans on it !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

anportmorforjfc

Three Munster teams in the quarter finals is some going.

Wildweasel74

Well if Monaghan, Donegal and Tyrone had a lucky draw they may been there too.

An Watcher

onefineday

Quote from: Gael80 on June 12, 2022, 06:58:42 PM
I think it's only Provincial finalists that can't play the team that beat them in that final so Galway v Mayo would be ok. The QF weekend with this format is now the biggest football weekend of the year as it was back in the 00's. If the GAA could hand pick the draw to attract the biggest audiences and best games I reckon they'd like:

Galway v Armagh
Derry v Mayo

Dublin v Cork
Kerry v Clare

They would almost fill Croke Park Saturday and Sunday with those fixtures.
No, as someone else said, Kerry v cork and Galway v mayo will be redrawn.
Means that Derry have less chance of drawing Armagh than many seem to think! Kerry have higher chance of getting Armagh, mayo or Clare, Galway likewise have higher chance of getting Armagh, cork or Clare and inversely Derry/Dublin have higher chance of getting cork or mayo.

JoG2

1st 2 games out played on the Sat and 2nd 2 the Sunday? Or is that all decided after by the CCCCCC brigade?