Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Causeway - North Coast
Hanmar - Larne
GES - Ballybogie
Groundcheck - Muckamore
Stratex - Belfast
LSS - Armagh

The top 4 are the ones we use in work regularly but it depends what part of the country you're in...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

HiMucker

Didn't know were else to put this.  I've a patio just finished, and was was wondering what is the best way to prevent weeds coming up between the flags?  I have heard patio sealer can be quite expensive and a bit of a con?  Any recommendations or advice?  Preferably not me going round pulling weeds every month!  :D

Hereiam

Get urself a wee hand held sprayer and some roundup.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: illdecide on October 13, 2015, 03:05:04 PM
Causeway - North Coast
Hanmar - Larne
GES - Ballybogie
Groundcheck - Muckamore
Stratex - Belfast
LSS - Armagh

The top 4 are the ones we use in work regularly but it depends what part of the country you're in...

What sort of cost are you looking at illdecide for trial pit and report?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Brick Tamlin

House has an external render finish (Weber) and ive only noticed a certain section starting to turn slightly green. Its a corner of the house that gets least sunlight year round.
The nearest trees and greenery are about 40m away so nothing in direct contact that way.
Any thoughts on how to treat it?

johnneycool

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on November 13, 2015, 11:56:52 AM
House has an external render finish (Weber) and ive only noticed a certain section starting to turn slightly green. Its a corner of the house that gets least sunlight year round.
The nearest trees and greenery are about 40m away so nothing in direct contact that way.
Any thoughts on how to treat it?

Chlorus (Hydrochloric Acid), watered down to approx 5 to 1 sprayed on is the job.

Dairy Farmers use it for washing out their milking systems, so any farm sales type place will have it.

Hereiam

What JC says is the job. Dont do it on a windy day.

Brick Tamlin

Is that the same stuff as red label.

illdecide

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 13, 2015, 11:40:55 AM
Causeway - North Coast
Hanmar - Larne
GES - Ballybogie
Groundcheck - Muckamore
Stratex - Belfast
LSS - Armagh

Say about £60 per trial pit and about £100 for a report, there would be a small mobilization cost of about £100-£150. So a site with 6-7 trial pits would prob cost in or around £600

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: illdecide on November 13, 2015, 02:18:12 PM
Causeway - North Coast
Hanmar - Larne
GES - Ballybogie
Groundcheck - Muckamore
Stratex - Belfast
LSS - Armagh

Say about £60 per trial pit and about £100 for a report, there would be a small mobilization cost of about £100-£150. So a site with 6-7 trial pits would prob cost in or around £600

is that including the cost of the digger etc to dig them, or just the engineers fees?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

illdecide

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 13, 2015, 02:46:38 PM
Quote from: illdecide on November 13, 2015, 02:18:12 PM
Causeway - North Coast
Hanmar - Larne
GES - Ballybogie
Groundcheck - Muckamore
Stratex - Belfast
LSS - Armagh

is that including the cost of the digger etc to dig them, or just the engineers fees?

Yes Sir...(see bold). I reckon you'd get it a we bit cheaper...sort of went a we bit high but always go worst case then you'll not be shocked when u get your bill

wanderer

Has anyone installed a mechanical heat recovery system? Any recommendations for suppliers, or tips to ensure that they do a good job?

Also has anyone installed solar hot water or solar PV panels? Similar to the above any recommendations or do's/don'ts?

Thanks

trueblue1234

Have been looking at the MVHR. I take it your going for passive spec? There's a number of suppliers for MVHR. Beam do it but I think the best is Homecare villavent. But be sure to check the specs especially if you have asthma/ breathing problems.
Haven't much exposure to Solar but I think it's a fairly slow pay back rate. There might be better options out there. If your in the North have you looked at the Renewable heat incentive NI? 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnneycool

Quote from: wanderer on November 24, 2015, 10:03:12 PM
Has anyone installed a mechanical heat recovery system? Any recommendations for suppliers, or tips to ensure that they do a good job?

Also has anyone installed solar hot water or solar PV panels? Similar to the above any recommendations or do's/don'ts?

Thanks

I put on the solar hot water yolks, £3K for 4sq metres off them and I think they're the dogs danglies.

From May/June on and this year right up to the start of November, didn't burn any oil, I'd all the hot water I needed from the panels and even if you get a sunny day in the winter will lift the ambient temp of the tank (300L) up to 30 plus degrees.

Aristo 60

At that rate they should nearly be compulsory