All Ireland Club Champions 2001

orangeman

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

orangeman

He must be good - is he ?? Is that the same guy that Mick O'Dwyer is trying to sign at the minute ??

magpie seanie

Micko must be cracking up having to compete with the Aussies for all these star players!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 30, 2007, 11:30:52 AM
Micko must be cracking up having to compete with the Aussies for all these star players!

:D your right seanie its hard when the option is Bondi Beach or Brittas Bay ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

heineken_on_tap

All Joking aside this is getting serious enough - I cant blame any young lad for going but is it time the GAA intervene? Tell the Aussies that the rules series is over and stay away from the young lads. They are taking the most naturally gifted young players from our game. 

turk

orangeman

The gaa and AFL could have an arrangement where a fee is paid to the GAA / club / county board in respect of these young players - if they were a soccer player, the soccer club would get a fee. So why not the GAA ?

David McKeown

Its a good idea orangeman but completely unenforceable.  The better example would be a soccer player joining an NFL team the soccer club could only sue for breach of contract in this regard.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Rossfan

As the GAA is a voluntary amateur sport there is not one thing they can do to prevent any young GAA player giving up his passtime to try out a Professional game.
The best that can be hoped for is to talk the Aussies into having a rule limiting the amount of Irish/overseas lads that a club can have on their books.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM