Ulster SFC: Derry v Donegal 27th June 2015

Started by Estimator, June 14, 2015, 03:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikasa

It will be Donegal by 5 or 6.

Derry must do what Tyrone did to Murphy to curtail his influence on the game, he dominated that game yesterday with Gallagher around the middle. Skinner will be isolated and I can see O'Boyle starting and bombarding their FB line with early high ball. This won't work though at least not enough times to win the game. We can't start Kielt due to their attacking HB line and his lack of mobility and we don't have enough men to break the tackle like Lynn.

All in all, we will give them a game but fall short, again.

JoG2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2015, 10:52:51 PM
Derry should bring their walls with them.

Best to keep the head down for a few days

theticklemister

tbrick18

Quote from: screenexile on June 15, 2015, 10:05:25 AM
Brolly basically picked apart everything wrong with our team in the GL over the weekend and he's not wrong.

Benny Heron is constantly playing in the HB line when he should be an outlet ball for us at Half Forward as a link between defence and attack which is something we are badly missing. McIver won't change his mind though and we'll be like lambs to the slaughter again.

Last year we matched Donegal for the whole match save a 10 minute spell just after half time. Sadly Donegal have improved from then and I think we have gone back a bit which is a shame since we've better players available now than we did then!!

Yeah I'd agree with that.
I've said before on here, the McIver never seems to be able to develop a full gameplan.
Generally speaking, he'll get us defending OR attacking OR holding possession OR nullifying the other team's star player, but then forget about everything else.
This year the focus is on defence, with no obvious plan of counter attacking and we are suffering for it.
I think tactically we are behind the likes of Donegal....and in terms of quality players, we have a few but the rest are not in the same league. 
I'm not looking forward to the semi final one wee bit.

Walter Cronc

Jesus lads some whinging being done on here. Lets see how it pans out shall we.

theticklemister

armaghniac

Quote from: theticklemister on June 15, 2015, 10:52:28 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on June 15, 2015, 10:51:29 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2015, 10:52:51 PM
Derry should bring their walls with them.

Best to keep the head down for a few days

+1

I'm just trying to help lads and mitigate the damage. Don't be such a shower of ungrateful curmudgeons, I am well disposed to you or any team that beats Down and have your best interests at heart.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rrhf

screenexile

Quote from: rrhf on June 15, 2015, 12:07:02 PM
Derry need Paddy Bradley back.

We can get beat just as well without him there as with him!!

tbrick18

angermanagement

JoG2

tbrick18

Ok...let me ask it another way....is it possible to watch the game on TV/Internet without a sky subscription?

Unfortunately my father wouldn't be able to make the trip to Clones, trying to suss out if there's a way he can watch it from home.