All Ireland U21 semis

Started by bennydorano, April 17, 2007, 09:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Great to get the win against a good, pacy, motivated Monaghan side.  best for Armagh were Forker, Vernon, Courtney, McKenna, and Hanratty.  I thought Vernon was immense in the second half - really pegged Monaghan back time and again with his surging runs.  Really played to his strengths as a footballer during that half.  McKenna coming on in the last 15 mins changed the game for us. Brilliant display from him also.  Dyas and Hanratty started to play really well in the last 15 too. This games was in the melting pot with 15 mins to go, even though the flow of the game was with Armagh from half way through the first half.  Monaghan lived off a lot let possession and were very clinical with it esp early on. Their no. 13 was a real live wire and looks a really good prospect.

QuoteThis team has done well for a squad , destroyed in Clones by Down in their last year at minor.

Judas, are you sure that many of the current U21 squad were on that minor team? I can only think of Vernon. Could be wrong though.  Many of that minor team did go on to play in the u21 winning side of 2004 though. The backbone of the current U21s is made up of the 2005 Ulster minor winning side.  Let's hope they can go a bit further this time.

QuoteThey have a good spread of players from last years team and have just won their 4th Munster in a row(maybe the Kingdom tide is slowly turning).  Their forwards are free flowing and can rack up high scores.  The likes of Cathrach Keane, Fintan Goold and Daniel Goulding are all excellent ball players with senior experience.  If they get a run going they could rip a team apart. 

BC1, looks like it's going to be a tough encounter then! Been hearing good things about Cork on this board over the past few weeks, so it will take a top performance from Armagh.  Having won 4 Munsters on the trot Cork will be keen to get an AI to show for their efforts.  The Armagh full back line has looked ropey the past 2 games i've seen them, but maybe Paul Kernan starting in there will help cut down the spaces - he looks like a good tight marking defender.  IMO the likes of Donaghy stands far too much off his opponent.

Will be interesting to see how the management accommodate David McKenna. On the evidence of last Sat he is too good to leave out.  If Lavery is fully fit it leaves a selection dilemma, though a nice problem to have.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Uladh on April 17, 2007, 02:02:54 PM

he doesn't play centre back for the u21s. wears six in every game but plays full back

You weren't in Omagh on Saturday then, he didn't move into full back till well into the 2nd half!!!!

Aghdavoyle

Is everyone travelling sunday? been to the three games so far but not sure if i'll go to portlaois on sunday. none of my mates who all went to the previous games are going either so if thats the trend, there could be a smaller support than normal for the u21s

ard mhaca abu

i'll be there havent missed yet! would just like to wish the lads all the best for sunday! and congrats to dyas, toner, mcclelland, donaghy and forker on makin the senior squad for the championship!

Rma13

Yes I shall be in Portaloise on Sunday, it is an All Ireland Semi Final after all & I too haven't missed a match.  I travelled to Galway for the Under 21 AI Semi Final against Cork in 2004, so a journey to Portlaoise is nothing in comparison!!  I'll be keeping an eye out for you ard mhaca abu, you'll know me, I'm the one that goes to all the matches & of course I'm usually quite vocal in my support of the Boys in the Orange & white, C'mon Armagh.

ard mhaca abu

QuoteI'll be keeping an eye out for you ard mhaca abu, you'll know me, I'm the one that goes to all the matches & of course I'm usually quite vocal in my support of the Boys in the Orange & white, C'mon Armagh.

i know u alright think we were chattin on saturday! would that be right Rma13?

Rma13

You'd be totally right.  I see you were beboing quite a few people that night!!!!, I assume the craic was good.

Uladh

ard mhaca abu

QuoteYou'd be totally right.  I see you were beboing quite a few people that night!!!!, I assume the craic was good.

was mighty craic! sent u an email there did u get it?

Rma13

No not as yet, probably held in our system, will get it released when it comes through.

full back

ard mhaca abu

Quote[Lord f**king help us/quote]

are u not well or something?

Smokin Joe

Has Orchardcounty gone down or something?

All we need is Clarkielover and AKstalker and we'll have the full compliment ::)

AbbeySider

Quote from: bennydorano on April 17, 2007, 09:01:04 AM
Saturday@3pm in Hyde Park
Mayo v Laois

Sunday @3pm in Portlaoise

Armagh v Cork

Possible tv coverage for the Saturday game, but not likely for Armagh's game as the League final is on at 4pm(which is sh1t as I'll not be able to get :-[).  Cork seemingly are very strong, hard to gauge on here as there are so few Cork men about.

I just checked it seems that TG4 are showing the Mayo Vs Laois match at 3 pm.
Setanta Ireland are showing SPL and some other soccer shite.

From www.entertainment.ie

TG4     13:45  - 17:10      GAA Beo      Live coverage of a match from the world of GAA.

on Sunday TG4 are showing the NFL games