NFL Team of the Season?

Started by blanketattack, April 16, 2007, 06:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

I'll start off with...

2.                    3.                  4. P Reidy
5.                    6.                  7.
        8. D O Se      9.
10.                 11.                  12.
13.  C McFadden 14. B Devanney  15. J Doyle

BallyhaiseMan

Neil Gallagher at midfield would get my vote.

cant really comment on very much else as ive only seen Division 2B action this year.

would have to throw Mark McKeever(Cavan) into the frame,Outstanding in Every game.

Croí na hÉireann

Doyle played center forward for the league. If you're gonna position him in the corner then Dessie would IMHO be ideal at center forward. Speaking of Doyle, Michael Ennis had him in his pocket in Mullingar and was excellent throughout the league in various positions at the back.

Standouts from games/highlights that were seen: Enda Muldoon, Pauraic Clancy, Shane Lennon, Joe Bergin, McDonnell, C Mortimer, D O'Se & that big full forward from Cork.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Fishead_Sam

1.Kenneth O'Malley/David Clarke
2.Keith Higgins
3.James Kilcullen
4.Liam O'Malley
8.Dara O'Se
9.David Heaney
10.Colm McFadden
11.John Doyle
13.Colm McFadden/Conot Mortiomer
14.Brendan Devenney/Michael O'Cuissan(That big Cork full-forward)
15.Owen Mulligan

Here are my positions picked so far

Mayo4Sam

From the mayo lads
Peadar Gardiner
David Heaney
Conor Mortimer

Possibly james Kilcullen
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

haze

From the Setanta coverage of the Cork games, i think any of the Cork half back line are deserving of a mention, Lynch, O Leary and Spillane.

Dara O Se was in my opinion the player of the league. Outstanding against Donegal and Tyrone..

ONeill

Despite the red(s) this year, Kevin Cassidy has been a horse of a player.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

realredhandfan

Cassidy is a donkey.  any room for Davy there.

ONeill

Away a that rrhf. I'd have Cassidy in the blink of an eye in Tyrone's midfield. Sure he'd a destroyed Cush by looking at him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

realredhandfan

Cassidy a bit of a monobrow also, must be a little Tyrone blood in him.

As For devenney undoubtedly the best player of this years national league - the best since Paddy Muldoon.

realredhandfan

I effortlessly moved into Ziggy zone there, over a thousand caps for my county. 

Goats Do Shave

Some of my nominations...

Cork - O'Leary, Masters & the young full back!??
Galway - Coleman
Armagh - Andy Mallon
Derry - Gilligan

Onlooker

Like Ballyhaise Man, I also only saw Division 2B football this season and I agree that Cavan's Mark McKeever looked to be a fine footballer.   It will be interesting to see how he gets on in Croke Park in the Division 2 semi final.  We all like to plug our own county men and in a disappointing league from a Tipperary point of view, Declan Browne still scored 2 goals and 49 points.  You ca'nt beat class.

tyroneman

Quote15.Owen Mulligan

Jaysus even us Tyrone folk couldn't justify that one. (Only Tyrone player that might've had a chance was big Sean till he got
injured.)

Even though it pains me to say it - surely Stevie McD deserves a mention, after all the stick he took from his own supporters he pulled them out of a hole more times than enought this year and kept them out of Div 3 on his own

Cassidey great shout for MF though.

Fishead_Sam

15.Owen Mulligan

Jaysus even us Tyrone folk couldn't justify that one. (Only Tyrone player that might've had a chance was big Sean till he got
injured.)

Even though it pains me to say it - surely Stevie McD deserves a mention, after all the stick he took from his own supporters he pulled them out of a hole more times than enought this year and kept them out of Div 3 on his own

Cassidey great shout for MF though.

I based it on the 55 minutes of football when he was actually on the pitch in the game up in Healy Park, up until that point I was impressed, thought he was very dangerous, perhaps other than match he wasn't so good, I don't know. Ya I know 55 minutes ain't a great reason to give him the position but I combined it with the fact thats what I saw of hime this year and the fact I rate him highly as a player.
O actually I did go to the Dublin V Tyrone game, cant remember him from it at all, then again I found that game a bit of a snore fest, Tyrone looked so disinterested.