Tyrone v Cork - Healy Park, 13/03/10

Started by omagh_gael, March 08, 2010, 10:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

This really is make or break now for Tyrone, lose this and I doubt we really are facing division 2 football next year. Some encouraging signs evident against Monaghan. Particularly Aiden Cassidy's display in midfield which will be badly needed against Corks big men on saturday evening.

Cork on a three match winning streak and we are on a three match losing streak, signs aren't looking too good!

Hereiam

What is the throw in time for this one.

omagh_gael

Half 7, nearly certain it's going to be shown live on setanta

stevetharlear

Can't wait for this game, both teams will need to buck their ideas up.

Tyrone for obvious reasons, need a win under their belts and some momentum if they are to stay up and avoid the dross that is contained in the division below (speaking from bitter experience).

Cork, even though they've won 3 games in a row, are far from convincing, especially in defence. If Michael Shields plays full back for Cork I think Tyrone will beat us, if Counihan changes him and puts him further out the field then I think we've a great chance.

Tyrone Dreamer

One of Tyrone's most important league game's in a long time. Would love to see Cassidy and Justy McMahon start in midfield to see how they'd compete. Joe McMahon looked comfortable at full back v Mayo so could take over from Justy. Hopefully the like's of Cavanagh and Dooher will be available.

Maguire01

Brendan Crossan in today's Irish News:
QuoteCork - remember them? - are in town next Saturday night. Try getting a ticket for Healy Park. Just try...
Is he having a laugh?

Chris agus Snoop

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 08, 2010, 06:54:03 PM
QuoteCork - remember them? - are in town next Saturday night. Try getting a ticket for Healy Park. Just try...

Ulster has no respect for Cork.

Tyrone Dreamer

Is he having a laugh?

Its pay at the gate so you would have trouble getting one alright.

Mr. Nakata

Is McMahon available for selection on Saturday night? I thought I read somewhere he would miss Monaghan and Cork. It looks as though Harte is going to persevere with Justy at 3, with the option of moving him into a more advanced role later in the game if needs must. Although I'd like to see him play further out the field, the defense is looking shaky enough at the minute, so maybe it's best if he stays put. Red Sean doesn't look comfortable in the corner. Cork is a mouth watering prospect as is the gallon of nectar which will surely follow. There was some banter flying at work today. Saffrons and orchard fans getting a few digs in, loving it they are. Early days.....

trileacman

Is he having a laugh?
Could be. He works in the Sports section of Ulster's finest circus.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

omagh_gael

Joe's suspension began on the 14th February so I'd imagine it runs out at 12am on the 14th March which will be 24 hours late...would have been a useful man to have on the field against Cork!

tyronefan

another case of the madness of suspensions based on time instead of matches

if this match was played on Sunday instead of Saturday night then he would have only have missed 1 match for the same offence

omagh_gael

It is a joke alright tyroneman, how the system can allow someone to miss two games for Joe's offence (lucky as it could be three games) when another man could give someone else a proper slap in the jaw and get away with one game is ridiculous.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael