Fight Night - Aidan O'Rourke v Paddy Bradley, Pat McEnaney v Colm Coyle & more..

Started by Ti Chulainn, December 06, 2009, 11:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 09, 2009, 11:07:18 PM
These fight nights are a bag of total dung unless your idea of humour is Benny Tierney in a batman outfit. Slapstick sh*te and one boy told me he was told to ease up a bit, it's only a bit of craic. Fite nite they ain't.

Do you really want to see people beat the crap out of each other? Does that tickle you?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DuffleKing

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 09, 2009, 11:07:18 PM
These fight nights are a bag of total dung unless your idea of humour is Benny Tierney in a batman outfit. Slapstick sh*te and one boy told me he was told to ease up a bit, it's only a bit of craic. Fite nite they ain't.

Jaysus - way to try to sabbotage a clubs attempt to gather up a few quid in fundraising...

JMohan

Heard a rumor 'Atomic' Aidan O'Rourke is carrying an injury and they may need someone to step into his place to take on Paddy Bradley ... any takers?

illdecide

Quote from: JMohan on December 11, 2009, 10:39:43 AM
Heard a rumor 'Atomic' Aidan O'Rourke is carrying an injury and they may need someone to step into his place to take on Paddy Bradley ... any takers?

Sounds like he hasn't the goolies for it ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

Is that you volunteering there illdecide! are you willing to put your 100% record on the line  ;)

Lady GAA GAA

I heard Paddy Bradley was out of this, can anyone confirm or deny? Something about a bad eye?

illdecide

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 18, 2009, 02:41:29 PM
Is that you volunteering there illdecide! are you willing to put your 100% record on the line  ;)

no, I'm not in good shape at the minute ;)...All i can say is it takes balls to get into the ring and fight especially in front of a big crowd and many people volunteer for it either over a few pints or without thinking about it and then they get their first taste of it whilst sparring and they say to themselves..."WTF have i got myself into".

Many men then get negative and don't fancy it and all of a sudden an injury pops up and the old stand by gets called in...not everyone is cut out for this boxing craic.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

magpie seanie

Quote from: illdecide on December 21, 2009, 10:11:49 AM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 18, 2009, 02:41:29 PM

no, I'm not in good shape at the minute ;)...All i can say is it takes balls to get into the ring and fight especially in front of a big crowd and many people volunteer for it either over a few pints or without thinking about it and then they get their first taste of it whilst sparring and they say to themselves..."WTF have i got myself into".

Many men then get negative and don't fancy it and all of a sudden an injury pops up and the old stand by gets called in...not everyone is cut out for this boxing craic.

Yeah, that happened when we did it too. Had to dig out a few late replacements as one or two bottled it and a few lads got injured playing hurling/football. It does take a bit of guts alright.

charlie stubbs

im realiably informed by corn 02 that there have been no withdrawls from this.  man is on the war path wouldnt want to run into him at this stage.hoping by posting this i will stay in his good books!

Ti Chulainn

New additon/withdrawl from the line-up

Colm Begley (Laois, formerly St.Kilda & Brisbane Lions) replaces Paddy Keenan

Tickets are selling fast, and at this point we estimate that they will not be available on the door

Get tickets here: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Dromintee-GAC-Fight-Night-tickets/artist/1018037

Tickets are also available from any Dromintee player. £30 Ringside tickets are also available.

Paddy 'Buster' Bradley v 'Atomic' Aidan O'Rourke
Pat 'The Power' McEnaney v Colm 'Crusher' Coyle
Kevin 'The Antrim Assasin' McGourty v Barry 'Sugar Ray' Shannon
'Desperate' Dan McCartan v Mick 'The Mauler' O'Rourke
Gerard 'Golden Boy' O'Kane v Kevin 'Two Guns' Dyas
Aidan 'The Clonduff Cyclone' Carr v Shane 'Knuckles' O'Neill
Colm 'Boom Boom' Begley v Viney 'The Viper' Martin
Ferghal 'Fists of Fury' Murphy v Cathal 'Trouble' O'Neill
Rory 'Meat Cleaver' McKeever v Ultan 'The Ultimate' McDonald
Cathal 'Ferocious' Fegan v Shane 'Sweet Pea' Carroll
Sean 'Fearless' Fearon v Kevin 'Gale Force' Gallagher

Shazam

Predictions:

Paddy 'Buster' Bradley v 'Atomic' Aidan O'Rourke
Pat 'The Power' McEnaney v Colm 'Crusher' Coyle
Kevin 'The Antrim Assasin' McGourty v Barry 'Sugar Ray' Shannon
'Desperate' Dan McCartan v Mick 'The Mauler' O'Rourke
Gerard 'Golden Boy' O'Kane v Kevin 'Two Guns' Dyas
Aidan 'The Clonduff Cyclone' Carr v Shane 'Knuckles' O'Neill
Colm 'Boom Boom' Begley v Viney 'The Viper' Martin
Ferghal 'Fists of Fury' Murphy v Cathal 'Trouble' O'Neill (dunno them)
Rory 'Meat Cleaver' McKeever v Ultan 'The Ultimate' McDonald
Cathal 'Ferocious' Fegan v Shane 'Sweet Pea' Carroll (dunno them)
Sean 'Fearless' Fearon v Kevin 'Gale Force' Gallagher (dunno them)
Shazam Bang

Ti Chulainn

Dromintee GAC Fight Night set to be sold out

The organisers of the Dromintee GAC Fight Night are anticipating a sell out crowd for their Fight Night on Saturday 16th January
A lot of hard work has gone on behind the scenes to ensure this night will attract a bumper crowd to the Carrickdale Hotel.

The main attraction on the night is the fight card itself, with GAA stars from 7 counties taking part and fighters have been matched up to ensure maximum entertainment.

Top of the bill is Aidan O'Rourke, the current Dromintee Manager and former All-Ireland and All Star winner with Armagh, against sharp shooter Paddy Bradley from Derry, also an All Star. Current and former county players from Armagh, Down, Derry, Antrim, and Meath will go toe to toe. In addition, two former Australia Rules players, Kevin Dyas (Collingwood and Armagh) and Colm Begley (Brisbane Lions, St. Kilda, and Laois) will be showing the crowd what they are made of. For added attraction, Ireland's top referee Pat McEnaney will be donning his gloves to try and put manners on Colm Coyle from Meath, whom he sent off in the 1996 All Ireland Final.

MC on the night will be COOL FM's Connor Phillips. There will be entertainment for the crowd throughout the night, followed by a disco after the final bout.

Peter Fearon, Dromintee Chairman, commented: 'The line up of fighters on the night is a credit to our Senior Team players who have pulled out all the stops to get the big names, the organisation of the night has been very professional. Seamus McCormick of the Sacred Heart Boxing Club, and his team, deserve great credit for the work they have put in to training our lads - this event would not be possible without them.'

The main event sponsors are The Carrickdale Hotel and Dromintee GAC would like to thank the hotel from their continued support.

Peter Fearon continued: 'We have been overwhelmed with requests for tickets and I would encourage everyone to get tickets well before the event to avoid disappointment'
Ringside tickets are now sold out. A number of general admission tickets are still available but are selling fast.
Tickets for the event cost £10 and can be purchased from any Dromintee Senior player or on

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Dromintee-GAC-Fight-Night-tickets/artist/1018037

ArmaghGAAforum

would love to have made this, good luck to all involved and well done to the club for putting on a cracking show.

thewanderer

good luck to Dromintee with their fundraising night. ps what is the crowd limit, hope it wont be a cattle mart as im goin and dont want put in the crusher. :D