Captains.

Started by Tippfan, January 05, 2009, 08:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gander

Paul McGrane will more than likely still be Armaghs captain, McCormack the hurling captain.  Ronan Clarke captained the team on Sunday

SidelineKick

Quote from: FermGael on January 06, 2009, 11:13:39 AM
Lyttle is not Fermanaghs captain.  He is not even in the McKenna cup squad

I think this is a prediction thread.

Fergal Doc for Derry.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

CompulsoryTillager

Cork: football Canty again I presume, hurling - **** knows

Rossfan

Also to try and let the world wide web know that football is played outside Ulster --
Gary Cox was Ros captain last Sunday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Spirit of 94

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 06, 2009, 12:15:17 PM
Quote from: FermGael on January 06, 2009, 11:13:39 AM
Lyttle is not Fermanaghs captain.  He is not even in the McKenna cup squad

I think this is a prediction thread.

Fergal Doc for Derry.

Definitely, and will probably keep it for as long as he wants it.

Maguire01

Quote from: thebandit on January 06, 2009, 12:20:33 AM
Quote from: tyronefan on January 05, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
read somewhere that Viney Corry is captain for Monaghan

This is definately right.
Yeah, just spotted this in today's paper. Good choice, although Damian was a good captain for the last 4 years.

oakleaf stateside

derry=niall mc cusker
tyrone=brian dooher
donegal=rory kavanagh
down=dan gordon
monaghan=viney corry
fermanagh=marty mc grath
armagh=paul mc grane
antrim=paul close [i think thats his first name]
caven= dermot mc cabe
Dont Do It

bigfrank

Ciaran Close perhaps from Cargin,plays corner forward??

SidelineKick

Quote from: oakleaf stateside on January 09, 2009, 05:51:58 PM
derry=niall mc cusker
tyrone=brian dooher
donegal=rory kavanagh
down=dan gordon
monaghan=viney corry
fermanagh=marty mc grath
armagh=paul mc grane
antrim=paul close [i think thats his first name]caven= dermot mc cabe

Close, but its not right.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Tommy Tight Lips

Tyrone = Plunkett Donaghy
Antrim = Sheeny McQuillan/Darren O'Hare
Armagh = Ger Reid
Cavan = Fintan Cahill
Donegal = Manus Boyle
Down = Shorty Trainor
Monaghan = Stephen McGinnity
Derry = Geoffrey McGonigle
Fermanagh = Shane King

Sligoper

Noel McGuire i think!

Couldnt give a shite about the hurling
Go on the Bunnies!

Croí na hÉireann

Aye, Keano...

All Star defender John Keane has accepted Tomas O'Flatharta's invitation to act as Westmeath captain in 2009.

Keane, widely regarded as one of the most accomplished defenders in gaelic football, succeeds Dessie Dolan as captain of the Lake County, having enjoyed an amazing 2008 season as he collected his second All Star award and represented Ireland in the International Rules series in Australia.

The Rosemount clubman also won a national football league Division Two medal in 2008 and helped the midlanders to a Leinster semi-final appearance.

His first championship match in charge of Westmeath will be against either Longford or Wicklow.

In a surprise move, back-up goalkeeper Cathal Mullen seems an unlikely choice as vice-captain.

Well done to JK, hopefully he'll have the same influence as the original Captain Keano. Very strange move to make Cathal Mullen vice-captain, Tomás is hardly thinking of putting Gary midfield  :D (which might become a reality though with our first 3 choice midfielders currently on the sidelines)...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Schkite

Weird choice of vice-captain for Westmeath alright, and it's not exactly like he'll be putting up a big challenge for the no.1 jersey is it? Would Connaughton not be a good choice for it? Yer man must be very commited or very loud in the dressing room to get that.

AN other

I'd say it could be a way for O'Flaherta to keep him interested. He's not that far behind Connaughton as a keeper and it's pretty important to have a good back-up if/when Gary gets injured.
No surprises with Keane, probably our best player last year. Nothing more inspirational than the sight of him bursting out from defence to beat his man to the ball, leads by example.

Kerry Mike

No Kerry captain named yet but it will be someone from Mid -Kerry who won the county championship, thats if there is a Mid Kerry player on the team  ;)
And as Mid Kerry champions, Miltown/Castlemaine will have the honour of naming the next Kerry captain.

Favourite would have to be Darren O'Sullivan if he can break into and hold onto a starting place, followed by either Donnacha Walsh, or Sean O'Sullivan with a dark horse being young Aidan O'Shea who scored the winning penalty in injury time in the county final. A young powerhouse of a player who was on the Kerry panel last year but if he can bring a fraction of the talent and passion of his famous father Jacko he will be a star for the future.

Hurling you just never know know with Kerry, depends which players actually show up for a game.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football