Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

What's going to happen after the election ? Nothing different. SF don't want a public inquiry into RHI (for some reason) so that won't be solved. Nobody will be held to account for it. So we will have £5m of public money spunked on a meaningless election, over a £1m on the shite you get through the door.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

T Fearon

The key is the 50% of the electorate who don't vote,to effect change.I meanwhile will maintain my recent electoral decision making by voting for candidates,across many parties,who I know personally to be decent,committed and dedicated to working for the the whole community as opposed to tribal party representatives for the sake of it.

Rossfan

So you're going to vote for Nationalists and Unionists despite all your "Northern (sic) Irishness"  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

the other parties should campaign on how piss poor the DUP are

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/nowhere-will-be-more-damaged-by-theresa-mays-brexit-plan-than-northern-ireland-says-sdlp-35374610.html
East Antrim MP Sammy Wilson said: "The Prime Minister recognises that Britain is already a strong economy which can exist beyond the borders of EU outside the single market.

The UK has a budget deficit of 6% of GDP
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on January 17, 2017, 08:58:44 PM
The key is the 50% of the electorate who don't vote,to effect change.

THis bit is perfectly correct.

QuoteI meanwhile will maintain my recent electoral decision making by voting for candidates,across many parties,who I know personally to be decent,committed and dedicated to working for the the whole community as opposed to tribal party representatives for the sake of it.

This is all fine, except if those candidates are following a malign party line in their voting then they can do enormous damage notwithstanding their good work on the ground.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Can every one of the shinners on here tell Gerry Adams to shut the f**k up until the election is over?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on January 17, 2017, 08:36:15 PM
Does it matter what mix of outdated unionists or nationalists are elected? That won't be progress.New parties emphasising common Northern Irishness,not fantasists obsessed with Britain or the Free State are badly needed to effect meaningful change
Who pays for the slowly deflating Shangri La ? 

NAG1

Quote from: seafoid on January 17, 2017, 09:28:40 PM

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/nowhere-will-be-more-damaged-by-theresa-mays-brexit-plan-than-northern-ireland-says-sdlp-35374610.html
East Antrim MP Sammy Wilson said: "The Prime Minister recognises that Britain is already a strong economy which can exist beyond the borders of EU outside the single market.

This from an ex Economics lecturer, it shows you how far removed the political classes especially the DUPers are from regular people on the ground.

More and more people becoming disillusioned with the whole thing and all they want is someone that is going to work to ensure jobs for people who want to work and some sort of future for the next generation. Not this repetitive bullsh*t year after year of point scoring and he said she said that just ends up wasting time and money and opportunities for a better future for everyone on the island. 

seafoid

Quote from: NAG1 on January 18, 2017, 01:46:01 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 17, 2017, 09:28:40 PM

This from an ex Economics lecturer, it shows you how far removed the political classes especially the DUPers are from regular people on the ground.

More and more people becoming disillusioned with the whole thing and all they want is someone that is going to work to ensure jobs for people who want to work and some sort of future for the next generation. Not this repetitive bullsh*t year after year of point scoring and he said she said that just ends up wasting time and money and opportunities for a better future for everyone on the island.
Sammy and Gregory Campbell have been around a long time, much longer than Mrs Foster but no chance of becoming leadership material.

Eamonnca1

What's the likelihood of the DUP coming back with a bigger share of the vote than before? Would unionist voters be thick enough to take the "he fixshed de road" approach and vote for the blatantly crooked politician? Just to piss the fenians off?

theskull1

Wait to you see them bring the fear of 'themmuns getting into power if you don't vote for the strong voice of unionism'

No party does it better and that's all it takes sadly. Some folk (especially religious types) seem to lack the ability to step back and think for themselves.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

trileacman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 18, 2017, 05:43:59 PM
What's the likelihood of the DUP coming back with a bigger share of the vote than before? Would unionist voters be thick enough to take the "he fixshed de road" approach and vote for the blatantly crooked politician? Just to piss the fenians off?

Absolutely.

There is a 50 to 75% chance I would reckon that DUP and SF will be returned with the same if not greater share of the vote.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

The Trap

A lot of DUP voters don't care about anything else bar being able to walk down the road, light bonfires, fly the flag and keep the taiga in their place...........no ambition in them at all. And the DUP feck them over by getting as much money into their pockets as possible. But it has always been thus........just that they are getting caught a bit now........

Orior

As someone else somewhere said, if you put a DUP rosette on a monkey, the good loyalist people of Ulster would vote for it.

(Probably the same for Sinn Fein too?)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

People before profit, irrespective of who they are or what they are, at least illustrated that some areas will vote outside tribal lines. Sadly only a nationalist are has done that thus far.

Hipefully with no unionist pacts this time alliance can steal some dup votes.