iphone 5c deal

Started by lenny, October 14, 2014, 12:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

My phone contract is up and i have the following offer from vodafone. An iphone 5c for £19 up front and then £18 per month. that gets me 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 250 Mb data. Is that a good deal. I was with vodafone before and the coverage is good.

whiskeysteve

Just on the data limit, its rubbish, so if you rely on getting on the internet for anything more than Whatsapp etc when your out and about its a no goer (will run out in no time). 300 minutes will get you like 10mins a day, not good if you use the phone for work etc

Can't speak on the iphone as never had one. The brother got the OnePlus One at the weekend and it blows Apple out of the water for value
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

lenny

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 14, 2014, 12:33:16 PM
Just on the data limit, its rubbish, so if you rely on getting on the internet for anything more than Whatsapp etc when your out and about its a no goer (will run out in no time). 300 minutes will get you like 10mins a day, not good if you use the phone for work etc

Can't speak on the iphone as never had one. The brother got the OnePlus One at the weekend and it blows Apple out of the water for value

Its the same deal as before for me except then I had a HTC. I have access to wifi most of the time I'm using the phone so the data limit is generally fine. I don't use my phone for work and have landline free evening and weekend calls so the 300 mins limit is fine generally also. I'm just wondering about the value of that cost per month for those figures and the iphone 5c as a phone. I'm getting 20%off in that as my wife works for the health service.

blewuporstuffed

How can you get hold of a oneplus one?
My contract is up next mionth and im thinking of gettinga new hanset and a gifgaf PAYG sim just
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

BenDover

In a similar boat myself, thinking of holding out to see the nexus 6 and what the deals are for it.

balladmaker

QuoteMy phone contract is up and i have the following offer from vodafone. An iphone 5c for £19 up front and then £18 per month. that gets me 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 250 Mb data. Is that a good deal. I was with vodafone before and the coverage is good.

If you know anyone who works in the NHS, you can up to a 20% discount with Vodafone, all you need is there NHS employee number and email address ...

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/employee-advantage-vea/index.htm

gallsman

Quote from: BenDover on October 14, 2014, 02:59:04 PM
In a similar boat myself, thinking of holding out to see the nexus 6 and what the deals are for it.

Nexus 6 is going to be a 5.9 inch phone if that's a worry for you.

BenDover

F**k me thats a massive phone - more of a 'phablet' then. Don't think i'll be bothered lugging that around. An other recommendations having been looking at the S5, LG G3 or the HTC One, Huawei P7?

take_yer_points

Quote from: lenny on October 14, 2014, 02:05:25 PM

Its the same deal as before for me except then I had a HTC. I have access to wifi most of the time I'm using the phone so the data limit is generally fine. I don't use my phone for work and have landline free evening and weekend calls so the 300 mins limit is fine generally also. I'm just wondering about the value of that cost per month for those figures and the iphone 5c as a phone. I'm getting 20%off in that as my wife works for the health service.

I'm assuming it's a 24 month contract and you own the phone at the end? That being the case the contract is costing you £451 (24 months at £18 + £19 up front). You could buy an iPhone 5C 16GB for around £340 so essentially the minutes/texts/data is costing you about £110 for 2 years - about £4.50 per month. I'd say that's not too bad.

I have an iPhone 5C and have no complaints (though my wife's is playing up at the minute so booking into the Apple store to get it looked at)

gallsman

Quote from: BenDover on October 15, 2014, 08:36:35 AM
F**k me thats a massive phone - more of a 'phablet' then. Don't think i'll be bothered lugging that around. An other recommendations having been looking at the S5, LG G3 or the HTC One, Huawei P7?

If you can manage to nab yourself a OnePlus One, no other phone on the market comes close to it in terms of value for money. Price of a Nexus with specs to rival the One M8, S5 or G3. Also comes with souped up software (Cyanogenmod) and none of the bloatware the other handset makers put on top of Android. Since they launched the phone, Cyanogenmod have a very good record of support for it - correcting issues with camera and home button lag in no time. They've also committed to getting Android L onto it within three months of the release.

The big problem is still trying to get your mitts on one of the bloody things.

gallsman

Nexus 6 announced today. 5.9 inch display confirmed. More interestingly however, is the price. They've abandoned the low cost model and appear to be going after HTC, Samsung and Apple's flagships. $649 off contract in the US - not sure which version this is for though.

thebigfella

Quote from: gallsman on October 15, 2014, 05:41:07 PM
Nexus 6 announced today. 5.9 inch display confirmed. More interestingly however, is the price. They've abandoned the low cost model and appear to be going after HTC, Samsung and Apple's flagships. $649 off contract in the US - not sure which version this is for though.

The iphone 6+ is f**king massive and the Nexus is bigger????

I was hoping for something that would run stock android in around the iPhone 6 size  >:(

gallsman

Quote from: thebigfella on October 15, 2014, 07:04:22 PM
Quote from: gallsman on October 15, 2014, 05:41:07 PM

The iphone 6+ is f**king massive and the Nexus is bigger????

I was hoping for something that would run stock android in around the iPhone 6 size  >:(

OnePlus One is your answer, if you can get your hands on it.  Alternatively, the Moto G and X are cracking phones that don't deviate too much from stock.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BenDover on October 15, 2014, 08:36:35 AM
Few lads in work have the HTC One M8. Seems like a decent handset and paying less than 40 per month.

LeoMc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 14, 2014, 02:12:25 PM

How can you get hold of a oneplus one?
My contract is up next mionth and im thinking of gettinga new hanset and a gifgaf PAYG sim just

You need someone who has one to "invite" you to buy one!