Hurling 2022

Started by Dag Dog, January 17, 2022, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zooming around

Waterford need to chance avoiding the Munster Final and steel themselves for ONE more match with Limerick this year, not two.

johnnycool

Quote from: Zooming around on May 09, 2022, 09:18:21 AM
Waterford need to chance avoiding the Munster Final and steel themselves for ONE more match with Limerick this year, not two.

I'd agree with that.

If you're going to catch Limerick you want it to be a knock out game and the Munster final isn't that.

Premier Emperor

Imagine if there was such a thing as a ref who stood up to Limerick thuggery!
Tipperary are moving in the right direction. If it wasn't for an unreal list of absentees, we'd have already booked our place in the Munster final.

johnnycool

Quote from: Premier Emperor on May 09, 2022, 07:44:28 PM
Imagine if there was such a thing as a ref who stood up to Limerick thuggery!
Tipperary are moving in the right direction. If it wasn't for an unreal list of absentees, we'd have already booked our place in the Munster final.

It certainly wouldn't have been Brian Gavin for all his bleating in the press.

Kilkenny in their pomp also crossed the line many a time, and Mr Paudie Maher also availed of some lenient decisions in his time, lets not forget.

imtommygunn

marty34

What's your take on Aaron Gillane's one handed swing on Ronan Maher on Sunday?

Was it a red or a yellow, as he got?

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

I'd need to so it live again, the ref could have had more support from his team and allowed them to give him a better judgement on it.. Its always handier if your linesman says defo red striking/dangerous play..

The fact that he didn't pull in with two hands on stick and lose the grip on the stick intentionally that would have been the difference between a soft red or a lucky yellow..

You ask the question did he intend to do the man? or did he intend to get the ball and man? I think he was in two minds tbh and that's why he let go of the stick, I haven't seen that side to him too often and had it been Gearoid Hegarty you'd have no issues with thinking intent or not..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2022, 10:44:16 AM
I'd need to so it live again, the ref could have had more support from his team and allowed them to give him a better judgement on it.. Its always handier if your linesman says defo red striking/dangerous play..

The fact that he didn't pull in with two hands on stick and lose the grip on the stick intentionally that would have been the difference between a soft red or a lucky yellow..

You ask the question did he intend to do the man? or did he intend to get the ball and man? I think he was in two minds tbh and that's why he let go of the stick, I haven't seen that side to him too often and had it been Gearoid Hegarty you'd have no issues with thinking intent or not..

Not sure about that - he's regularly got off lightly this past few years in my opinion.

Yeah, hard to know. It was wild with one hand and timing a bit off but probably a yellow.

clonadmad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2022, 10:44:16 AM

He should have gotten the line last year for a wild swipe on Cathal Barrett in the Munster final

The fact that it was Barrett he hit probably saved him

But he has it in his locker and needs to tread carefully from now on

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on May 10, 2022, 09:28:38 AM
What's your take on Aaron Gillane's one handed swing on Ronan Maher on Sunday?

Was it a red or a yellow, as he got?

I thought it was a red but it was much more than a one handed swipe at the ball, there was venom in it and pretty late.

johnnycool

Limerick hurler arrested on Sunday night in an alleged altercation with a Tipp hurler....

Could off field activities prove to be Limericks undoing?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/limerick-hurler-arrested-for-allegedly-head-butting-tipperary-rival-in-pub-after-match-41637406.html

marty34

Quote from: johnnycool on May 11, 2022, 09:12:51 AM
Limerick hurler arrested on Sunday night in an alleged altercation with a Tipp hurler....

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/limerick-hurler-arrested-for-allegedly-head-butting-tipperary-rival-in-pub-after-match-41637406.html

I thought Limerick, after their holiday away a few years ago, had got all this carry on sorted.

Kiely will not be happy with all this outside noise.

Armagh18

Quote from: johnnycool on May 11, 2022, 09:12:51 AM

Not a great look but I highly doubt it will have any impact on them winning or not winning the All Ireland.