Hurling 2022

Started by Dag Dog, January 17, 2022, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Better fielding this second half but you can't fault Tipps effort either. Tipp will improve also ... bookies had it a 4 point handicap, those lads know their shit!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Tipp never easy beat. Next one should be interesting too.

Hoof Hearted

Cian Lynch point on his knees !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

marty34

Cork decisioning making very poor.

Always picked the wrong pass at the wrong time.

Saffrongael

Few instances towards the end of first half when Limerick getting on top and cork backs getting bottled up and turned over. Surely if there are no runners you have to give the ball anyway and let the forward try and win the ball than get turned over 30-40 yards from goal and Limerick are in for a goal
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 17, 2022, 03:57:32 PM
Tipp never easy beat. Next one should be interesting too.
They are this year

imtommygunn

Did you watch today? Only Limerick will beat them easy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 17, 2022, 09:40:55 PM

The real Limerick stepped up today, no faffing about just brought championship hurling and set a marker down.

Waterford sorta faltered a bit but have too much in their squad to not make inroads this year.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I would worry limerick will win it handy enough. I think Waterford are decent. Leinster should be interesting as there's not much between Galway and Wexford and I would expect kk to be up there too.

Cork very disappointing and that game today a massive blow to them.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2022, 10:26:44 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 17, 2022, 09:40:55 PM

The real Limerick stepped up today, no faffing about just brought championship hurling and set a marker down.

Waterford sorta faltered a bit but have too much in their squad to not make inroads this year.
But are they strong enough psychologically ? I think there are parallels between them and Mayo.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 17, 2022, 10:30:40 PM
I would worry limerick will win it handy enough. I think Waterford are decent. Leinster should be interesting as there's not much between Galway and Wexford and I would expect kk to be up there too.

Corks failings are obvious but they evidently don't have a few big, ignorant lads who can win dirty ball either end of the field about them to change it up. It's all well and good having speedsters but someone needs to get them the ball that they like and Limerick weren't that generous barring the early goal.
Tipp probably surprised most yesterday including a lot of their own fans, but Waterford had a bit of dirty diesel in the tank in the first half and improved in the second, but tipp stayed in the game right to the end. They'll fancy a cut at Clare next weekend.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on April 18, 2022, 10:42:30 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 17, 2022, 10:30:40 PM

Corks failings are obvious but they evidently don't have a few big, ignorant lads who can win dirty ball either end of the field about them to change it up. It's all well and good having speedsters but someone needs to get them the ball that they like and Limerick weren't that generous barring the early goal.
Tipp probably surprised most yesterday including a lot of their own fans, but Waterford had a bit of dirty diesel in the tank in the first half and improved in the second, but tipp stayed in the game right to the end. They'll fancy a cut at Clare next weekend.

"Lads, ye'll never win nothing if ye don't have a few tinkers"
Sylvester Linnane

marty34

Cork under a bit of pressure now, after a loss.

Another loss could be fatal.  Munster is so tight to get out of - game after game and they're a battle.

Leinster have Laois and Westmeath, which not to be disrespe tful, should be a bit easier than Munster. KK have a decent run of fixtures through it.

Teams will definately be battle hardened come the knock out stage.  First game, it's always good to get the win, regardless of the opposition.

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on April 18, 2022, 01:51:42 PM
Cork under a bit of pressure now, after a loss.

Another loss could be fatal.  Munster is so tight to get out of - game after game and they're a battle.

Leinster have Laois and Westmeath, which not to be disrespe tful, should be a bit easier than Munster. KK have a decent run of fixtures through it.

Teams will definately be battle hardened come the knock out stage.  First game, it's always good to get the win, regardless of the opposition.

If Tipp lose to Clare then they're gone, but if Clare lose by a close margin, they've Cork in Thurles and two home games, albeit against Waterford and neighbours Limerick.
Tipp win, they'll have a chink of light when it comes to Cork and could make a go of that against the porous Cork defence.

Kilkenny will have 4 points in the bag before they get to Salthill, Dubs need to beat Wexford to stay in the fight, Galway need to put a big score on Westmeath.

1) Limerick               Kilkenny
2) Waterford             Galway
3) Cork                     Wexford

Confident enough of my ratings in Munster unless Cork fill the togs completely against Clare but 2 and 3 could trade places in Leinster.

seafoid

Good win for the Dubs.