The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2022, 09:51:47 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2022, 09:46:21 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2022, 09:38:39 PM
Bollox.
Well as Meatloaf once sang, 3 out of 4 ain't bad.. or something like that.

Don't count your chickens!
I'm not!

Was not mean't as a dig.  :-[

Ah, in fairness City are such a machine. From far out this was always the stinker tie! They had something to play for and they are a decent side.

Capt Pat

When we didn't beat city at the Etihad it was citys to lose.

City will probably mess up against Newcastle now.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2022, 09:56:21 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2022, 09:51:47 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2022, 09:46:21 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2022, 09:38:39 PM
Bollox.
Well as Meatloaf once sang, 3 out of 4 ain't bad.. or something like that.

Don't count your chickens!
I'm not!

Was not mean't as a dig.  :-[

Ah, in fairness City are such a machine. From far out this was always the stinker tie! They had something to play for and they are a decent side.

Yup. Said it from while back. Good team vgood manager and a lethal pairing up front. When kane cuts out the divin shite hes a great footballer. Was happy Conte didnt go to Utd as he was banged on to improve them. Hope to fcuk we get one out of the 2 cups else im gona punch a horse 😃

trueblue1234

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 05, 2022, 08:46:37 AM
Can see the spurs game being a draw and ending the hunt in the PL.
city still closer to a PL than we are to a CL imo. Just can't see them slipping up against the opposition. They'll blitz these last few games to make sure.

😢 would have been happy to be wrong!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Capt Pat

If City lose by a goal against Newcastle tomorrow, there will be a great climax to the season. Liverpool would be ahead by 2 in goal difference.

laoislad

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 07, 2022, 10:23:48 PM
If City lose by a goal against Newcastle tomorrow, there will be a great climax to the season. Liverpool would be ahead by 2 in goal difference.
Ah man don't do it to yourself!
Plenty to look forward to this season still but winning the league isn't gonna be one of them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Final nail in coffin with that result. City probably can afford to lose a game now and still win it all.

J70

I'm in two minds about tomorrow's game against Villa.

I'm leaning towards sending out the second string and resting first choice players for the cup final. Quite a few of them could use a break.

The chances of City slipping up are just about non-existent, and even if they do, they now have a slight advantage in terms of goal difference which is hard to make up over just three games.

On the other hand, how would everyone feel if we didn't do our best against Villa, and then City DO slip up?

Would be easier if City were playing first this week!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on May 09, 2022, 02:19:59 PM
I'm in two minds about tomorrow's game against Villa.

I'm leaning towards sending out the second string and resting first choice players for the cup final. Quite a few of them could use a break.

The chances of City slipping up are just about non-existent, and even if they do, they now have a slight advantage in terms of goal difference which is hard to make up over just three games.

On the other hand, how would everyone feel if we didn't do our best against Villa, and then City DO slip up?

Would be easier if City were playing first this week!

Ya can't have it your way all the time, plenty times ones were on saying its great that Liverpool plat first, more pressure on City then now you're looking to play after them and see how that goes lol!

Klopps done alright, he'll know what to do. He'll give Stevie a call and ask him for his team-sheet before declaring his  ;)

Madrid rested a pile against Athletico yesterday and these things may backfire or actually work, you won't know how to approach it. I much prefer (providing they are fit) to play the best team, get the win then take players off if its comfortable. Though that didn't work out for Pep last week.

Does anyone notice that Trent looks like he couldn't give a f**k or has a arrogant/confident approach not sure, he works extremely hard but its just something I've noticed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

I'd go for the usual rotation policy - i.e. rest 3 or 4 with the option to bring on 1 or 2 if things are tight.  I don't think Liverpool can afford to throw in the towel either.  Very unlikely City will blow it but just imagine if they did drop 3 points and Liverpool had rested half their team and dropped points.
That's just, like your opinion man.

laoislad

Poor enough first half. Liverpool playing like a team that know the League is over and have other upcoming games on their mind.
Hopefully Fabinho isn't badly injured.

trueblue1234

Robertson a miss. Badly  Lacking width on the left hand side.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2022, 09:25:11 PM
Doing rightly,  the league chance is back on

We still have a chance of qualifying for the Community shield final via the League!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 10, 2022, 09:30:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2022, 09:25:11 PM
Doing rightly,  the league chance is back on

We still have a chance of qualifying for the Community shield final via the League!

If you win both do you play city or Chelsea?