Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ON THE HILL

Quote from: youhavenofans on July 07, 2017, 12:18:25 PM
Quote from: ON THE HILL on July 06, 2017, 04:14:33 PM
Anybody know when next round of fixtures is? rightly through league now will they hold off until the 30th July?

23rd of July - Starred fixture
is this set in stone? heard they might wait until 30th before another game?

tinder5

Quote from: HalfBack7 on July 07, 2017, 02:06:18 PM
Quote from: youhavenofans on July 07, 2017, 12:18:25 PM
Quote from: ON THE HILL on July 06, 2017, 04:14:33 PM
Anybody know when next round of fixtures is? rightly through league now will they hold off until the 30th July?

23rd of July - Starred fixture
Email sent out to all clubs this week..........

Please see below fixtures overview for the remainder of July and August.
Points to note:
- Adult fixtures toward the end of August are based on Tyrone's progress
- Some individual (catch-up) games will be sent individually
- U21 KO fixtures will be sent separately
- U16 Football League will be played Monday's and Thursday's
- U16 Gradings and Fixtures will be sent out by the end of the week.

Is mise

Mel Mac an tSagairt
Runai CCC

July 23rd - Junior (Round 11) Intermediate and Senior (Starred Round 3)
Sunday 30th - Starred round 4 in all divisions OR reserve knock out.
Sunday 6th - Reserve Knockout
Sunday 13th - Starred round 4 if not already played OR starred round 5
Sunday 20th - Starred round 5 if not already played.

No starred fixtures in Div3?? Surely its across the board?

on the sideline

RIP Pat Darcy.  An absolute gentleman.

longballin

Quote from: on the sideline on July 12, 2017, 04:15:32 PM

He certainly was... Pat Darcy RIP.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: longballin on July 12, 2017, 04:48:24 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on July 12, 2017, 04:15:32 PM

He certainly was... Pat Darcy RIP.

Saddened to hear of Pat Darcy's passing.  He really was a well respected gentleman, a true Tyrone Gael. RIP
Living the dream!!!

tothetop03

Is there starred games this weekend...

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: tothetop03 on July 17, 2017, 02:01:41 PM

Yes..... The remainder of the games will be starred and they are holding the one remaining non star game to be fixed the week before championship starts so that clubs have 1 league fixture before the championship kicks in
Living the dream!!!

tothetop03

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 17, 2017, 02:10:53 PM

Yes..... The remainder of the games will be starred and they are holding the one remaining non star game to be fixed the week before championship starts so that clubs have 1 league fixture before the championship kicks in

County Team needs full preference at this stage it is only fair....There are some team around the bottom that this will not suit....

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: tothetop03 on July 17, 2017, 02:13:55 PM

County Team needs full preference at this stage it is only fair....There are some team around the bottom that this will not suit....

The 5 starred games are identified at the start of the year, no matter when there played they all have to be played at some stage so it was never going to suit those clubs.
Living the dream!!!

tothetop03

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 17, 2017, 02:18:34 PM

The 5 starred games are identified at the start of the year, no matter when there played they all have to be played at some stage so it was never going to suit those clubs.

Fixtures have well this year imo so County Team takes top bill now....

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: tothetop03 on July 17, 2017, 02:26:10 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 17, 2017, 02:18:34 PM

Fixtures have well this year imo so County Team takes top bill now....

Cant Argue there.  Plenty on here rightly criticise CCC with fixtures but this year things have run very well and credit is due.  To have the majority of the league campaign wrapped up mid July is unheard off.  Micky didn't demand games off he let the lads play and his change of approach is also to be welcomed.  He now has the rest of the season to work with the county set up with the last non-starred game being saved until championship is fixed
Living the dream!!!

Redhand Santa

Is this weekends game definitely a starred one then? I know its starred round 3 so assume it is too but just checking it hasn't changed. I did think the 5 games was the maximum number of starred games and there could be less depending on progress of the fixtures. But at the same time 13 days out from a quarter final they might be happy to let the county team focus on that.

Though the club games have worked well to date for the county players and it is hard on the players in the squad not getting game time without them. It's obviously also hard on clubs who really need the points to miss their best player or players.

youhavenofans

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 18, 2017, 08:18:26 AM
Is this weekends game definitely a starred one then? I know its starred round 3 so assume it is too but just checking it hasn't changed. I did think the 5 games was the maximum number of starred games and there could be less depending on progress of the fixtures. But at the same time 13 days out from a quarter final they might be happy to let the county team focus on that.

Though the club games have worked well to date for the county players and it is hard on the players in the squad not getting game time without them. It's obviously also hard on clubs who really need the points to miss their best player or players.

Next three games are all due to be starred providing Tyrone progress through the QF, leaving one last non-starred game to be placed once Tyrone are bate.

regarding your second quote, I think that this is an issue. I think Dungannon or someone similar at top of Div 2 have Aghyaran coming up which will be a starred fixture. this is a massive game for both clubs and a win could go towards securing the league and promotion. With Aghyaran missing Ronan McHugh alone they have lost a major scoring threat which could affect their promotion. I think Ronan had No.28 on him at weekend so hasn't been in the squads lately. I know that Killyclogher were allowed to play Sean Fox in starred fixture when he was on the panel.

another example is Cahir McCullagh at Greencastle, they are at the wrong end of the table and Cahir is a massive player for them

tinder5

Quote from: youhavenofans on July 18, 2017, 09:21:52 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 18, 2017, 08:18:26 AM

Next three games are all due to be starred providing Tyrone progress through the QF, leaving one last non-starred game to be placed once Tyrone are bate.

regarding your second quote, I think that this is an issue. I think Dungannon or someone similar at top of Div 2 have Aghyaran coming up which will be a starred fixture. this is a massive game for both clubs and a win could go towards securing the league and promotion. With Aghyaran missing Ronan McHugh alone they have lost a major scoring threat which could affect their promotion. I think Ronan had No.28 on him at weekend so hasn't been in the squads lately. I know that Killyclogher were allowed to play Sean Fox in starred fixture when he was on the panel.

another example is Cahir McCullagh at Greencastle, they are at the wrong end of the table and Cahir is a massive player for them

League fixtures have been run of pretty quickly this year compared to others. Starred fixtures will always have a bearing especially at the business end of the season. Greencastle, Ahayaran and Div 3 leaders Owen Roes are but just a few which will be affected by it. However you couldn't hold it all off now until Tyrone are beat. Would only disrupt the club season further and annoy a lot of club players!!

Tyrone Gaa

Starred games are set in stone.  Clubs are aware of them before a ball is kicked.  There is only 1 non starred fixture remaining and that wont be played until Tyrone exit the Championship.  I cant see to many county men opting out of the panel at this stage. 
Living the dream!!!