Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atticus_Finch

Any word on how the St John's  game is going ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Wee Shea

Aghagallon won by two and are promoted to Div 1

The Worker

Quote from: Wee Shea on August 25, 2010, 09:01:58 PM
Aghagallon won by two and are promoted to Div 1

derryhirk inn will be rocking tonight!

Milltown Row2

has whack for the diddle been heard yet around Casement?? was going to say Corrigan but its not open during the week!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

No result on the Antrim website yet, must have been a fight and the referee has had his phone stolen, or extra time with the use of the lights down there!!

score just in St. Johns  2-10 0-7 Ahoghill 

We have the Johnnies in the next round at Casement, dont bring the kids!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on August 25, 2010, 09:48:32 PM
That's one not to be missed.

I'll be there, wearing my (out of date) Fyffes sponsored blue and white jersey.

I'd usually support the underdog too.

But seeing its the Johnnies you'll be supporting?

Naomh Gall will be wearing Saffron that night i'm sure

ONeill

I hear that's a world beating Lamh Dhearg minor team that's playing St John's on Friday night. Underground bookies reckons a 20-point win for the Hannahstown whippersnappers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on August 31, 2010, 11:20:47 PM
I hear that's a world beating Lamh Dhearg minor team that's playing St John's on Friday night. Underground bookies reckons a 20-point win for the Hannahstown whippersnappers.

Can't see that scoreline happening. St Johns have a decent football team back-boned by a good hurling team. Usually when a dual club has a good team in one of the codes they will always have a decent team in the other.

Rossa ourselves and the Johnnies over the years have contested both minor finals, Lamhs did it many years ago also.

The Johnnies in a final will always be hard to beat. Expect a tight match.

bredaghgael

This years event will take place in the Wellington Park Hotel, Belfast, on Thursday 16th Sept.

Confirmed guests: 

Mickey Harte - Manager of Tyrone when they won all 3 of their All Irelands

Mick O'Dwyer - 4 All Irelands as a player, 8 as a manager.

Joe Brolly -  RTE TV pundit, 2 time All Star & All Ireland winner with Derry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKYycF8xb_c

We are still in negotiations with a number of other guests and their agents/Wags.  Names will be released in the next couple of days.

MC for the evening will be Jerome Quinn (well know GAA journalist).

Admission - £10 by TICKET ONLY which gets you into a draw for All Ireland Final tickets.

Doors open at 8.15pm with a 8.30pm start - get there early as numbers are limited due to fire regulations, the common agricultural policy or some such thing.

The event is sponsored by First Trust Bank

Minder

Minor final postponed because the floodlights were not working. :-[
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Could've bought 100 torches out of poundstretcher.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

funtime frankie

What chance do the Johnnies have against St Galls?

bloodybreakball

wz jst thinking that today franktie, im sure their nose had been put out of joint with galls winning the all-ireland, maybe thats part of the reason for the bigger effort this year or maybe its just that their getting their act together or the right man is there in adams. nt sure myself how good they are this year, has anybody that has played against them a couple of times this year ne thoughts on the them. well organised? firepower up front? i know they've joe hand and mc glinchey in misfield, big enough like bt then the st. galls midfield is mobile, so dnt kno hw gd that height is to them, still expect st galls to win obiviously but it would eb good for ftball if johnnies really give them a rattle for the majority of the match.
again you would expect cargin to beat brigids, bt are brigids ready to make the step-up to senior this year? cargin look very sharp this year, if tehy get a go at st galls think they could give them a good rattle, and not be lacking i motivation or psyching-up with the management they have. who would have thought you would see the days when cargin need to be more aggressive! :D changed days

Milltown Row2

Quote from: funtime frankie on September 06, 2010, 10:49:10 AM

it will be a tough game, i hear Dougan is refereeing the match so we are bound to have some questionable decsions ::)

St Johns will need to have a great game to beat us, we would also have to have a bad game also.

Cargin will beat St Brigids and should we get to the final then it will be a 50/50 match

The Worker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2010, 05:39:30 PM
Quote from: funtime frankie on September 06, 2010, 10:49:10 AM

it will be a tough game, i hear Dougan is refereeing the match so we are bound to have some questionable decsions ::)

St Johns will need to have a great game to beat us, we would also have to have a bad game also.

Cargin will beat St Brigids and should we get to the final then it will be a 50/50 match

not according to the bookies