Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim

Rumblings around that Mick McCann may also be carrying an injury into this game - anyone heard similar or can confirm / deny this?

Milltown Row2

Hope not, quality player when he's on his game. Antrim apparently have put in good performances lately so this game will be closer than i thought.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Fair dues to all involved. Saturday night was a real gutsy backs to the wall effort. A game that would have been lost by nearly every other Antrim team in recent memory.

The winners of the replay get Leitrim at home, couldnt have asked for a nicer draw.

Saturday night a huge one now. Home advantage to make a huge difference. Lets get out in force.

Atticus_Finch

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8770111.stm

Magill back on board with the Antrim team - good to see

He showed through parts of the league campaign that if given the service he can do damage
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

bannside

No one has ever doubted Magills ability. A player who could make any team in the country. Good to see him back, lessons learnt, would be some boost if we get his full 100%.

imtommygunn

We lack a FF and it sounded very much like it from saturday.

Hopefully, I doubt he'll start, at some point he can come in there and free up Mick McCann to go further out the field.

bannside

Personally I think Mark Dougan should be in there somewhere as well. Looked better than ever against us in a recent league game, and looked fit and sharp. More mature now, and definitely better than quite a few on the squad. Would definitely be an asset to the squad, if not the team.

imtommygunn

Always thought Dougan looked excellent at club level. Wasn't sure if he had the physical presence for county but haven't seen him in a while so that may have changed.

aontroim

I heard he was coming back the other night and thought it would be a welcome addition, but at the same time i also heard 2 of the St. Gall's contingent are heading off on their travels - if the Magill story is true i've no reason to doubt the other one.

bannside

Dougan definitely has the physical presence now. Filled out and more than able to win his own ball, and take or make scores. Has all the attributes to go straight to a first fifteen jersey. Admittedly has had chances before, but I`d say he would be more hungry and ready for it, and if he gets any sort of a chance would have to grab it with both hands this time round.

Not sure about bringing players in at this stage, but everyone it seems like revolving doors everywhere, Dinny at it too with Tosh, Watson and SD.

In any case, anyone with any knowledge of Antrim football, or wanting the best for it, would want Magill and Dougan in there doing their stuff. Giving their all, both would be huge assets to the cause.

Milltown Row2

I know one of the Galls lads has been up front with Baker from the very start, he's heading off for a month, Baker knew this since the All Ireland Club Final. who is the other one?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

aontroim

Two that were mentioned were CJ & AG.

the colonel

and which one has told bradley?
the difference between success and failure is energy

SambaSaffron

CJ has handed in his transfer.

Heaneys Wish

My press sources have brought to my attention for you lads in Antrim. That a prominent duel Belfast club on the falls road was approached by a local sports gear supplier to put an advert on the wall that faces the falls road, the club chairman and also a prominent county official allegedly would only allow the advert to go up on the wall if it had his sons picture on it. ;D Well any truth in all this, must say it gave me a laugh. Jesus this takes the biscuit, does his lad play on the county team, checked back didn't see the name anywhere unless i have been given the wrong name!