Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Quote from: SambaSaffron on December 02, 2009, 01:04:00 PM
Thats Kevin Brady Moneyglass
Oliver Duffin Creggan
and I'm not sure but I'd say its Ciaran Lavery from Aghagallon.

Strange one to name Gerard O'Boyle in the squad despite him not having played for Cargin in about 3 years.

Chris
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Olly

Apart from the Gallaghers, it is easier to pick who you wouldn't want on that galls teams to play Tyrone next year. If we have 2 of the 3 mcgourty's and Kelly, we could cause a few ripples. I probay wouldn't have Stewart on the football panel
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

shambo

Quote from: Olly on December 02, 2009, 10:54:14 PM
Apart from the Gallaghers, it is easier to pick who you wouldn't want on that galls teams to play Tyrone next year. If we have 2 of the 3 mcgourty's and Kelly, we could cause a few ripples. I probay wouldn't have Stewart on the football panel

Karl Stewart? Olly have you ever played against Karl? why would you not?

Karl had a injury leading up to the football final (antrim) and it really is the only reason why he's not starting, team in place and all that.

Karl is one of the better st Galls footbllers

imtommygunn

No harm to Stewart but to be honest he'd not get on that Galls team anyway. He'd be a better footballer than O'Neill possibly but O'Neill adds more to the team.

You'd lose goalie, FF, one from FB line and two from HB line. You'd probably lose KieranMcGourty too. There - ten of them on the team plus Loughrey, Crozier, McGreevey / Funucane in nets, two McCanns. You'd maybe lose Burke too despite good game on Sunday and look at Michael Magill. That'd be 5 clubs represented max...

Olly

The rasen I wouldn't have stewrt or kieran mchourty on the team is because they're hurling men and would better serve that county code. So wind your f**king neck in
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

imtommygunn

Good man, good debating skills there.

shambo

Quote from: Olly on December 03, 2009, 12:07:51 AM
The rasen I wouldn't have stewrt or kieran mchourty on the team is because they're hurling men and would better serve that county code. So wind your f**king neck in

wind my F**king neck in??

you obviously haven't played against Karl or seen him play. you must play for the seconds of St Brigids. But yes hurling seems to be his first love, as for Ciaran McGourty, he's more noted for football but a quality hurler also.

You seem to be very limited in your local Gaa knowledge. head you over to the Hogan Stand

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 02, 2009, 01:56:39 PM
Strange one alright though he's one of the better players in the county when playing and on form.(and if he keeps his discipline)

Good footballer, but over-rated. Thought he'd vanished altogether.

gallsman

Also, having read on a bit further in the thread I have to so that anyone who doesn't think Kieran McGourty is up to county standards is talking through their arse. He's probably the best distributor of the ball on the St. Gall's team, with the exception of maybe Sean Kelly.

Karl Stewart would walk onto any club team in Antrim, and several Ulster county teams. Phenomenal footballer and hurler.

imtommygunn

Slightly tainted view there gallsman. Stewart is no doubt good and would get on any other club team in antrim and possibly ulster, club, team. With the county thing you're just getting carried away with yourself though. There's not too many antrim forwards would walk onto several ulster county teams.

McGourty(Kieran) is a very clever distributor of the ball. Not sure he has the athleticisim for county footbal. I don't doubt his footballing ability though.

SambaSaffron

Gallsman  :D Not a biased view at all. As Tommy Gunn says he'd get on most club teams in Ulster, but to say he would make most county teams is ludicrous. Would agree that Kieran McGourty deserves a chance, I know he did a few years back but hes come on a lot since then. Would definitely make the panel if he chose football.
Also Gallsman, I wouldn't say O'Boyle is overrated. I remember him tearing St Galls apart in the Championship in Portglenone one year. On his day he was brilliant, but I doubt he'd be able to get that form back.

shambo

Quote from: SambaSaffron on December 03, 2009, 07:13:02 PM
Gallsman  :D Not a biased view at all. As Tommy Gunn says he'd get on most club teams in Ulster, but to say he would make most county teams is ludicrous. Would agree that Kieran McGourty deserves a chance, I know he did a few years back but hes come on a lot since then. Would definitely make the panel if he chose football.
Also Gallsman, I wouldn't say O'Boyle is overrated. I remember him tearing St Galls apart in the Championship in Portglenone one year. On his day he was brilliant, but I doubt he'd be able to get that form back.
aye the back door year, and when it came to Casement he had a howler. consistent?

always thought he was a cracker, what age is he now? is he back playing for Cargin?

SambaSaffron

Quote from: shambo on December 03, 2009, 09:20:57 PM
Quote from: SambaSaffron on December 03, 2009, 07:13:02 PM
aye the back door year, and when it came to Casement he had a howler. consistent?

always thought he was a cracker, what age is he now? is he back playing for Cargin?
Thats why I said on his day  ;) Incidentally, I don't think St Galls have played many Championship games in  the country since! Not that it would make much difference if any at all, but I do think they'd prefer playing Cargin in Casement's wide open spaces rather than a tighter pitch.

He'd be about 28 now I'd guess. Na, didn't play for Cargin this season, and haven't heard any word he's going back to them next year. Strange.

imtommygunn

He didn't have a howler at all in casement samba. He had the beating of Andy McLean every time he got the ball. McLean went onto a yellow card and should have been red carded for persistent fouling but somehow managed to stay on. That's what curbed O'Boyle - bad reffing really. That and Cargin were rubbish and couldn't get the ball up to him anywhere near enough.

Not St Galls bashing here. Just saying I don't think 15 of their players should make the county team. 8 or 9 yes...

gallsman

Dare I go so far as to suggest that Karl would be worthy of Paddy Cunningham's place on the Antrim team? Admittedly I don't live in Belfast any more, so I don't see him play too often, but any match I've seen him play either for Antrim or the Lambs, I think his done close to sweet FA apart from hit frees.

In saying that however, I've heard that he was the outstanding player in UUJ's Sigerson a few years ago, so I'll happily accept correction.