Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I thought the "blocked" was in relation to Milltown Row..............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thewanderer

heard from some of gaels men that the verbal abuse by st. galls was disgraceful and c.j. running 40 yards after scoring his penalty to jump up into the gaels no6 face was bad. do they really need to do this???????????? it looks like soccer louts

NAG1

Quote from: thewanderer on October 20, 2009, 03:12:12 PM
heard from some of gaels men that the verbal abuse by st. galls was disgraceful and c.j. running 40 yards after scoring his penalty to jump up into the gaels no6 face was bad. do they really need to do this???????????? it looks like soccer louts

Were you actually at the game or you just trying to stir after the event?

saffron sam2

Quote from: thewanderer on October 20, 2009, 03:12:12 PM

I heard that on scoring a goal in the same game, a Cavan Gaels player turned round to the (admittedly porky) Gall's keeper and said (in a Cavan / Australian type accent) "Where were you for that you fat bastard?"

butterknife reckons he has never heard worse than the Cavan Gaels players (which is an achievement given some of his club mates). Incredible then that Mick O'Dowd should be annoyed at his players being goaded.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

thewanderer

he s not that porky really?. i know him good lad, must get talkin to him.

saffron sam2

Walsh obviously thought he was.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SambaSaffron

Anyone heard of new additions to the football panel after the game the other night?

Saffrons

Tyrone in Casement. Could be a famous victory. What do you think?

aontroim

Quote from: Saffrons on October 22, 2009, 09:27:12 PM
Tyrone in Casement. Could be a famous victory. What do you think?

I'm sure Clár Fógraí would tell you that Tyrone's always knocking about Casement.  :D

Gold

Anyone at the Galls match today ?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

imtommygunn

Well done to st teresas as I see they won. I'm not sure I've ever seen an Antrim team win in the junior before.

Hard luck to Ahoghill - must be sickening to get beat by a point. Monaghan Harps, I'd guess, would be a decent enough team too.

milltown row

Great win today for St Teresa's, i hope they go on and do well.

was not at our match today, cant really comment on it. but if we play the way i heard we played today then we wont progress. though we did score more than 4 points. has the 'wanderer' been on posting yet?

on another note, i've just heard that Teddy McCarthy is in Milltown having a drink tonight :o

my boyhood hero in the club and i aint there >:(

thewanderer

Milltown good intense match yesterday certainly the ogs defied the bookies odds and could have nicked it with the goal chance at the end. I thought also the referee didnt give much protection to Ronan Clarke and should have awarded the ogs a penalty. But good luck to the Galls and i hope they go on and win it.

imtommygunn

Watched the railway cup final on TG4 there. Ulster had a number 24 who I swore they said Scullion for - anyone know if it was our own Tony Scullion??

I checked the Irish news and he wasn't listed however they had munster's line-up completely wrong so I'm not sure if they can be trusted...

Bitta-Banter

thought 24 was Conor Gormley from Tyrone.