Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 24, 2009, 10:26:34 PM
St Galls

MOTM Sean Kelly

I see Mick McCann got an all star noimation. Well done to him - great to see an antrim man in there.

Yes well done to Mick McCann...he had a great year.  Surprised James Loughrey didn't feature.  I know Andy McCallin won an All Star in 1971 and I think Sean McGreevy was nominated in 2000 but have there been many other Antrim football nominations over the years??  Oh and good luck to the Ladies on Sunday!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Hoof Hearted

all the best to Frankie, Mhic Easmuint and the rest of my oul team mates tomorrow night. I need an excuse for a session lads !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

milltown row

well come to milltown row as ya won't get one up in Portglenone :o

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on September 25, 2009, 11:17:49 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 24, 2009, 10:26:34 PM
St Galls

MOTM Sean Kelly

I see Mick McCann got an all star noimation. Well done to him - great to see an antrim man in there.

Yes well done to Mick McCann...he had a great year.  Surprised James Loughrey didn't feature.  I know Andy McCallin won an All Star in 1971 and I think Sean McGreevy was nominated in 2000 but have there been many other Antrim football nominations over the years??  Oh and good luck to the Ladies on Sunday!

Just seen today's Irish News that suggests McCallin, McGreevey and McCann are the only Saffron nominations.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

full back

Portglenone

K Madden for MOTM

milltown row

Naomh Gall

ciaran McGourty MOTM

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: milltown row on September 25, 2009, 04:29:27 PM

why, are you having a party by yourself ! sounds like some craic alright !

without doubt, Casements will be underdogs, but there were 2 teams in Celtic Park a fortnight who were underdogs too, and they are now preparing for a final. So i could get that session yet without heading up the M2.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

saffron sam2

Port Chluain Eoghain

Rory Gallagher
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

milltown row

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 25, 2009, 08:34:45 PM
Quote from: milltown row on September 25, 2009, 04:29:27 PM

why, are you having a party by yourself ! sounds like some craic alright !

without doubt, Casements will be underdogs, but there were 2 teams in Celtic Park a fortnight who were underdogs too, and they are now preparing for a final. So i could get that session yet without heading up the M2.

Chill hoof, said aready will be close game, just cant see how Ports will get the required scores. those games in Derry have only served as a reminder that nothing can be taken for granted. 5 point win.

by myself? no, were you tying to be funny? pm me the punch line

milltown row

Quote from: saffron sam2 on September 25, 2009, 09:23:57 PM
Port Chluain Eoghain

Rory Gallagher
Saffron are you serious? explain your reason why Port Chluain Eoghain will win?

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on September 25, 2009, 09:40:15 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on September 25, 2009, 09:23:57 PM
Port Chluain Eoghain

Rory Gallagher
Saffron are you serious? explain your reason why Port Chluain Eoghain will win?

St. Gall's will win the match. Portglenone will cover the spread I think. I don't really care either way - just trying to feck up hardstation's rule changes.

And I thought Hoof's line was funny.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

milltown row

was hearing reports that Portglenone were looking the game called off tonight due to outbreaks of swine flu!!! can anyone confirm this? maybe Hoof can let us know.

if true then that would be tough on them tonight. i'm going for a 6 point win now

stiffler

St galls 3-26
Portglenone 0-7
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

gallsman

Quote from: stiffler on September 26, 2009, 09:30:46 PM
St galls 3-26
Portglenone 0-7

Lies. 2-20 to 6 points. St. Galls shot an awful amount of wides as well. Never had to leave about 2nd gear, but absolutely worked their arses off in defence. Gallagher is certainly a quality addition. No disrespect to Portglenone, but there are bigger fish to fry in Ulster and the Galls will need to cut out the wasteful shooting if they're to win it.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on September 26, 2009, 09:43:27 PM
Quote from: stiffler on September 26, 2009, 09:30:46 PM
St galls 3-26
Portglenone 0-7

Lies. 2-20 to 6 points. St. Galls shot an awful amount of wides as well. Never had to leave about 2nd gear, but absolutely worked their arses off in defence. Gallagher is certainly a quality addition. No disrespect to Portglenone, but there are bigger fish to fry in Ulster and the Galls will need to cut out the wasteful shooting if they're to win it.

I always feel the lack of challenge in Antrim stands against them in Ulster. Gonna stick a few quid on them though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"