Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

Are the county board accounts free to view for all gaa members? surely they would have a breakdown of all income included within.

imtommygunn

No matter what is said about "the doctor" he has been very good about turning the county into a viable business which is no bad thing. Those sweeps and the new development ground etc have been a great thing.

No harm in the £1 thing as long as , like people say, we know where it goes. U;ster council need to know how many tickets casement sell anyway so it's very easily accountable. I definitely have seen it before so I'm not sure it can be said we as a county are milking things.

Not sure about county board accounts. No expert but you only have to make accounts visible if you're a PLC - is that not correct?

aontroim

The £1 markup on tickets sold through the county office has been going on since they got the ticket machines installed there - i think it's a decent initiative to raise funds for development of teams.  I would like to see some kind of accountability for where all the money so far as gone though.

the accounts are issued to all club delegates each year at the AGM - after that its up to the clubs to inform members if they want to know the details.

stiffler

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2009, 11:43:20 AM
No matter what is said about "the doctor" he has been very good about turning the county into a viable business which is no bad thing. Those sweeps and the new development ground etc have been a great thing.

No harm in the £1 thing as long as , like people say, we know where it goes. U;ster council need to know how many tickets casement sell anyway so it's very easily accountable. I definitely have seen it before so I'm not sure it can be said we as a county are milking things.

Not sure about county board accounts. No expert but you only have to make accounts visible if you're a PLC - is that not correct?

as far as im aware, most clubs/charities have to make their accounts available to members at the agm for approval.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

the_codger

Not much craic on here before your biggest game in 40 years.

Oh Ah GAA
We played Cork and Kerry
We fiddled with the ball in Donegal
But the best teams up in DERRY!

:D     :D

The Mighty Oaks

Lads just like to pass on my best wishes to you for the Ulster Final this weekend, and be safe in the knowledge that every 'man, woman and child in Derry' will be kicking and catching every ball with you on Sunday - and applauding 'the legend that is BAKER!!'.

clawaddy

just after driving up the falls road - very disappointed in the amount of decorations. A few shops and whitefort had flags out but if this was another county in their first ulster final in many years every business and house would be showing their support. Indeed a weel known bar which always advertises on big match days in casement to attract customers did not have a single decoration! Quite a few of the players travel on this road and i know from speaking to one of them they are dissapointed. From what I have read and heard there is much better support out in the county

ONeill

Crumlin and Glenavy plastered this morning.

Was in Coalisland yesterday. Not a jot. Hope the Saffronites don't shame us on Sunday in terms of colour.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

toiletroller

Heard a cracker last night, my woman works with a girl whos mate was going out with a high profile  antrim player. she got a text the other day to say he was  finishin their year long relationship. Cause of the split.....He Didnt want to be going steady when in an ulster final! Bring on the groupies  :D

the_codger

Quote from: toiletroller on July 16, 2009, 12:08:16 PM
Heard a cracker last night, my woman works with a girl whos mate was going out with a high profile  antrim player. she got a text the other day to say he was  finishin their year long relationship. Cause of the split.....He Didnt want to be going steady when in an ulster final! Bring on the groupies  :D

Fair play to the cub, ride them all big and small!

pebble-dasher

Has anyone got the list of times and venues for this weeks sfc matches.

My predictions

1. Cargin v Moneyglass by a bagfull
2. Lamh Dherg v Gort Na Mona  by 4
3  St Pauls v St Johns     both not that hot so going for a draw
4. St Galls v Rasharkin    by a bagfull
5. Portglenone v Creggan by 2points

FitnessTestingIreland

PRE CHAMPIONSHIP SPECIALS

'FITNESS TESTING IRELAND' ARE OFFERING A PRE CHAMPIONSHIP TESTING OFFER. MAKE SURE YOUR TEAM ARE IN TOP SHAPE COMING UP TO THIS IMPORTANT PART OF THE SEASON. EMAIL US TO FIND OUT OUR VERY COMPETITIVE RATES FOR A WIDE RANGING REPORT ON YOUR SQUADS LEVELS OF FITNESS.

EMAIL: info@fitnesstestingireland.co.uk
Web www.fitnesstestingireland.com

toiletroller

Whats the scoop on the  Cunningham incident documented in today IN?
Who were they playing. If its true sounds very malicious...not what the fella deserves after his dedication to the Antrim cause in the last month especially. So this shit isnt just confinded to the Derry circus.  club scene

Saffrons

Disgrace, why some one would feel the need to do this is beyond me. Heard they were playing Sarsfields but open to correction.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: toiletroller on July 29, 2009, 10:49:26 AM
Whats the scoop on the  Cunningham incident documented in today IN?
Who were they playing. If its true sounds very malicious...not what the fella deserves after his dedication to the Antrim cause in the last month especially. So this shit isnt just confinded to the Derry circus.  club scene

Doesn't sound good. Will Antrim CB have the necessary bite behind all the recent smiles? This needs to be investigated quickly and thoroughly. If it is found to be malicious then the book needs to be thrown at the culprit. There has to be zero tolerence to violence and thuggery. If the culprit can't/won't be identified then his club should be hammered. It took Ballinderry club being suspended to finally flush Conway out to own up and take his punishment. Derry CB have their faults but they played that one right.

Over to you Doc. The spotlight's shining...