Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on July 06, 2009, 12:30:59 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 05, 2009, 09:31:35 PM
Quote from: Atticus_Finch on July 05, 2009, 09:14:13 PM
Could be wrong, but i don't think so hardstation. Think the defeated finalists have to play the winners of round 2 of the qualifiers.

What the fcuk are you on about too? So there are 8 provinces now? Jaysus lads if you've any notions of sharing a pint with us in a fortnight, brush up on the oul Games will yiz. Will ye be staying about for the presentation?

I hear Mickey Harte made two pages of notes during the Antrim/Cavan game. I think he was ghost-writing Dooher's speech.

O'Neill your hubris is entertaining. If you'd spent less time proof-reading Dooher's speech and more time "brushing up on the oul Games" yerself...
Provincial losers go into Round Four of the qualifiers against the four winners from Round Three which is the eight winners from Round 2 playing off against each other:
http://www.gaa.ie/page/gaa_football_championship_2009.html

Could be an important bit of detail for you  ;)

Antrim 3-6
Tyrone 1-11

Haven't a notion what you're trying to prove here.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 05, 2009, 09:18:16 PM
The round 2 qualifer winners, 8 of them, then play each other in round 3 of the qualifers to leave 4 teams. These 4 teams then will play the losers of the provincial finals and the winners will be in the quarter finals.

And of course the losing provincial finalists will be kept apart, so Antrim won't be able to draw Dublin/Kildare in round 4.  That's provided we lose Ulster of course.  Like Hardstation I believe our best bet is to go through the front door. 8)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Mhic Easmuint

Atticus_Finch

Any chat of any general supporters buses going from Belfast to watch the Saffrons vanquish the evil Tyrone scum on the 19th of July ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

NAG1

Very harsh Atticus

Buses going from all over NA and the SW should be a good carnival atmosphere heres hoping for a good day weather wise!

clootfromthe21

Quote from: NAG1 on July 08, 2009, 02:05:27 PM
Very harsh Atticus

Buses going from all over NA and the SW should be a good carnival atmosphere heres hoping for a good day weather wise!

Any predictions on the likely turn out from North Antrim?? Are we all going to jump on the football band wagon, or stay true the noble (although tarnished) cause???

ONeill

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 08, 2009, 04:53:26 PM

Any predictions on the likely turn out from North Antrim?? Are we all going to jump on the football band wagon, or stay true the noble (although tarnished) cause???

Sure didn't you lads propose Baker in the first place.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on July 08, 2009, 10:36:47 PM
Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 08, 2009, 04:53:26 PM

Sure didn't you lads propose Baker in the first place.

Cushendun, allegedly.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

culchie11

what do any of you fellas think of the antrim county board adding £1 to price of tickets for ulster final!
apparently its for development, underage!
someone correct me if i'm wrong!

not a bad way of making a few £'s!
but think their taking the mick abit, doing it on ulster final tickets!
saying antirm got 10 thousand tickets and going by irish news yesterday,
county had sold over 7 thousand.

means they will make over 7 grand a quid a ticket!!

NAG1

Happy enough with that, means the bandwagon jumpers are making some contribution to the development of the county. Plus genuine fans wont mind anyway

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on July 09, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
Happy enough with that, means the bandwagon jumpers are making some contribution to the development of the county. Plus genuine fans wont mind anyway
Dont mind,as long as the money is allocated as advertised............

NAG1

Now thats a different story entirely with this county  :-\