Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 94

Davey or any other player sent off in a similar fashion is very unfortunate.  Scullion had just done his best to cave his ribs in and Davey's reaction was instinctive, not pre-meditated like Scullion's "challenge".  Scullion's reaction was also pre-meditiated and OTT, but typical of the reaction of too many "men" in todays game.   

screenmachine

Quote from: Spirit of 94 on April 30, 2009, 03:38:43 PM
Davey or any other player sent off in a similar fashion is very unfortunate.  Scullion had just done his best to cave his ribs in and Davey's reaction was instinctive, not pre-meditated like Scullion's "challenge".  Scullion's reaction was also pre-meditiated and OTT, but typical of the reaction of too many "men" in todays game.  

Did he not break his nose in 3 places?  Prob should have just run it off though in fairness...  ::)

Although he did give him a brave cleaver to the ribs there before getting his snout rearranged!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Spirit of 94

Quote from: screenmachine on April 30, 2009, 03:41:57 PM

Did he not break his nose in 3 places?  Prob should have just run it off though in fairness...  ::)

Although he did give him a brave cleaver to the ribs there before getting his snout rearranged!

Not sure about that, any reports I've seen only mention a bloody nose.  My main point though is that Davey was reacting instinctively to a brave cleaver as you would put it and it always seem unfair to me that the player reacting in this type of situation is the one who gets punished.   

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: screenmachine on April 30, 2009, 03:41:57 PM

don't forget this is a s'neils man viewing of this event to suddest he was lying down. Fit the bill perfectly :D

As for Davy reacting instinctively.. ...its county football...you take it, he has just let his mates and the entire county down doing that, but at the same time spirit i can understand his reaction also

JohnDenver

To be fair to scullion the irish news reported him to be sayin after the match that if you give it out you have to take, so he didn't have too many complaints.

Spirit of 94

No Max, I'd think most of his team mates would sympathise, as would most fair minded spectators. ;)

Fair play to Scullion though if that's what he said after the game.

imtommygunn

On BBC news it says that Rory Galagher plays for St Galls - is that a mistake and it's meant to be Ronan or is that true? He'd be some signing if he were to play though he may be getting on a bit.

milltown row

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 30, 2009, 09:26:55 PM
On BBC news it says that Rory Galagher plays for St Galls - is that a mistake and it's meant to be Ronan or is that true? He'd be some signing if he were to play though he may be getting on a bit.

old news imtommygunn, haven't see that lad in action yet.

Winnie Peg

Quote from: milltown row on April 30, 2009, 09:49:57 PM

Will be the ruination of the present St. gall's team.
Will someone explain to me  why he is being recruited by the BBC and gaelic Life. Surely there are numerous players, ex or present who have been more successful and more loyal to their team than this guy.

haranguerer

Quote from: Winnie Peg on April 30, 2009, 10:19:57 PM

Will someone explain to me  why he is being recruited by the BBC and gaelic Life. Surely there are numerous players, ex or present who have been more successful and more loyal to their team than this guy.

Christ, I wouldnt think one more ego would make any difference to galls.

Theres no point having a successful footballer on the tv if he isn't articulate, is there? I've always found him pretty good on the commentary.

Spirit of 94

He's in the right place now. Loyalty to team has never been a big issue with the city men.

passedit

Quote from: Gold on April 29, 2009, 02:57:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGnFhXzQ0Qo

Burke one-- i just dont think he can tackle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vadQc5Z_9W8&feature=related

Davey on Scullion

Gotta love the comment on youtube.

Quotesawdust89 (1 day ago) Show Hide

sicken that bleck santa ****, wish big shinny mc quillan had gave him the same on monday night lolz

Anyone enlighten me on the 'bleck santa' reference
Don't Panic

milltown row

Quote from: Spirit of 94 on May 01, 2009, 09:19:30 AM

He's in the right place now. Loyalty to team has never been a big issue with the city men.

the majority of the team is home grown

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on May 01, 2009, 01:49:17 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 94 on May 01, 2009, 09:19:30 AM

the majority of the team is home grown

In the garden or an allotment?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

round the fields of Milltown