Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

i take it that Paddy Cunningham is the Antrim captain for the year, so that will rule him out of going to the states, so thats a bonus. what attributes will he bring to the changing room? good footballer and curved ball from the Bradley man i thought in naming him captain. great honour. is he the first Lamhs man to captain Antrim?

glens73

Quote from: Glensman on February 16, 2009, 09:40:01 AM
You play over there Glens? I played football for St Peters for a couple of years in Manchester.

I'll try and remember to bring it in tomorrow and scan it in for you if I can do that.

I don't play, no. I've never even been to watch a match over here, live in Preston and the nearest Gaa club is/was in Manchester.

The offer is much appreciated regarding the scan, I'll pm you my e-mail.

Minder

Well i suppose when CJ and Cunningham are arguing over who is taking a handy free Cunningham will be able to pull rank now and say he is the captain.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maximus Marillius

Good result at the weekend..Bannside were you at it...a full report would be appreciated...especially one from someone as knowledgable as your good self ;)

glens abu

Quote from: Minder on February 16, 2009, 09:00:48 PM
Well i suppose when CJ and Cunningham are arguing over who is taking a handy free Cunningham will be able to pull rank now and say he is the captain.

you must be joking minder nobody pulls rank on a McGourty ::)

Glensman

PC pulled rank in the Wicklow game and hit a shocking penalty wide.

CJ walked away shaking his head like Christmas had been cancelled. A supportive teammate if ever I saw one.

snappiered

Can anyone hear tell me who the St. Galls manager for this year is?

Minder

Quote from: Glensman on February 17, 2009, 06:03:01 PM

PC pulled rank in the Wicklow game and hit a shocking penalty wide.

CJ walked away shaking his head like Christmas had been cancelled. A supportive teammate if ever I saw one.

Im sure i will be set straight here but my personal opinion is that those two chaps seem more interested in getting as big a scoring tally as possible and getting a nice write up in the Irish News and are not too worried whether it is win/lose or draw.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

That has been the case for too many of the players hurling and football for the past number of years, I wouldnt mind seeing a blankett ban on players speaking to the Irish News / Press in general, very seldom any good comes from it!

Gold

Quote from: NAG on February 18, 2009, 02:51:37 PM
That has been the case for too many of the players hurling and football for the past number of years, I wouldnt mind seeing a blankett ban on players speaking to the Irish News / Press in general, very seldom any good comes from it!

exactly, if i played i wouldnt say a word to the Irish News, not one word. Not if we beat Donegal, not if we got to Ulster Final, not a word. Total focus. If i played i wouldnt even tell my family or friends--at the moment it doesnt mean much to play for Antrim--only way to change that is to turn fortunes around until real people notice--not some stupid young Irish News reporter looking to fill a bit of space in his paper when he is sent to cover a lowly Div 4 game who is only too happy to get a quote from any spoon to say how well they played v London
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

snappiered

None of yous told me yet who the St. Galls manager for this year is?

milltown row

Quote from: snappiered on February 19, 2009, 08:48:59 AM

why do you need to know?

TheDoc

Quote from: snappiered on February 19, 2009, 08:48:59 AM

They don't need a manager. The can win the Antrim championship managing themselves.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

saffroninho

First post, have been looking on at this discussion board for quiet a while now and might as well give my views now and again! Up Antrim!

fred the red

Quote from: saffroninho on February 20, 2009, 09:20:53 PM
First post, have been looking on at this discussion board for quiet a while now and might as well give my views now and again! Up Antrim!

Come on then....whats your views??