Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

pretty sure edwards didnt walk out, but mebbe i'll be corrected. just going by what reading here is it not just scullions distribution that is the problem? ie if hes playing whb then if hes doing primary job well then worth his place, and mebbe someone should just make sure they're screaming for a handpass whenever he wins the ball?

bannside

Agree. TS getting bad press here, and I get a feeling some of it is personal. Has enough football good qualities to be in consideration for a regular place, and his consistent problem of distribution could/should easily enough be solved by a two way approach to solve the problem by player/manager.

Is he fully aware of the problem. Has he seen his ind stats?. Has he been given any ind target to achieve in his distribution?

And of the wayward stuff, how many times has a better option been available? As you say Haranguerer, is our teams support play good enough. Certainly it was my main criticism of last weeks performance. The options open to him (and others) were often limited. But its a two way street, and definitely solvable.

A decent performance and scoreline yesterday will do the morale of the team no harm, and promotion still a big possibility.

ONeill

CJ skins Cats

Antrim 4-27

Kilkenny 0-5

Conor John McCourty hit a personal best inter-county score of 3-5 when he crucified Kilkenny in this one-sided NFL game at Nowlan Park.

Patrick Cunningham kicked the winners' opening point after 22 seconds and it was one-way traffic after that. By the 10th minute, Antrim were 2-6 to 0-0 clear, thanks to goals from McCourty and Ciaran Close.

By half-time, the difference was a yawning 3-14 to 0-3 after it had taken the losers 27 minutes to open their account.

Scorers -- Antrim: CJ McCourty 3-5; P Cunningham 0-9 (4f); C Close 1-3; M McCann 0-4; A Gallagher, J Loughrey, C Murray, K Brady, M. Pollock, M Dougan (f) 0-1 each.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Glensman

They beat what was put in front of them. As we beat Kilkenny in the football by more than they beat us in the hurling we are a better GAA county are we not. Camogie would be tight. Handball I'd give to us. Scor, us hand down.

Edwards still on board and came on yesterday. Will hopefully get more game time as noted be a few here as he hs a very good option for the forward line or even midfield.

Team/panel named on the website was wrong...either sloppy journalism or Antrim just gave them that team. Don't think Sean Burke was travelling and he was down on the panel.

Anyone got the full team/subs from yesterday?

ONeill

Antrim: J Finucane; C Brady, S McVeigh, K O'Boyle; T Scullion, D O'Hagan, J Crozier; M McCann, A Gallagher; J Loughry, C Close, C Murray; K Brady, P Cunningham, CJ McGourty. Subs: B Hasson for Gallagher 41; K McQuillan for Crozier 49; D Edwards for Close 51; M Dougan for McGourty 55; N O'Connell for McCann 61.

Minder

The Gaa board could gather up a team that would beat Kilkenny
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Glensman

Handball

Female - Fiona Shannon and Aisling Reilly have it sown up over the last couple of years.

Men - who cares, really... Ducksy Walsh blows us out of the water in days gone by but I'd say we're up there now.

Gold

Put that shite in the Handball section
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Glensman

Calm yourself Gold. Just building up the case that we're better than Kilkenny...

Anyone for the Clare match then? Perfect treat for Valentines day.

BanagusOir

Mid Down Gael

Is Nial McKeever (Porglenone & UUJ) on liam bradleys squad?

gallsman

How's Deaghlan O'Hagan doing at CHB? Was in school with him and played against him during his Sarsfields days. Wouldn't have had him down as an inter-county player to be honest.

hightower

glensman catch urself on for f**k sake,kilkennys hurlers would beat antrim footballers in a football match

Gold

im for the Clare game i hope. Good draw between the Deise and the Garden. Wicklow are worse than shite. Glensman im mad about Football and Antrim Football. I dont think enough people are and enough people care. I dont think i can calm down till we get out of the gutter.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ONeill

Quote from: Gold on February 09, 2009, 10:52:18 PM
I dont think i can calm down till we get out of the gutter.

That'd be a class song for the Casement faithful. Or a motto.

To the tune of The Gambler.