Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

Cheers Tommy, sounds like feisty stuf alright.
St Galls will need to get out of the habit of 'just doing enough' which they most certainly did against Cargin and maybe it would appear did against LD.
Sean Kelly is a class act.

As mentioned on the only other thread worth reading ... Antrim hurling there was a bit of soccer style chanting from a group of about 30 Cushendall supporters "Who **** is Winker?".
Not the best to see. Good honest guldering and a bit of shouting with name of your team with a few claps thrown in should be the order of the day.

LD may rue their approach to the football (which I am not sure they ever really had a chance to win)...they appear to have put a skeleton team out in a hurling fixture v Rasharkin and may very well drop down to division 3 in that one because of it. It has also allowed Rasharkin to move out of the one relegation spot.

Rasmatazz:)

Well first mcartan was hit from behind by (PT)NO 11 , when mcartan went to confront him he was charge by 5 other players from behind A Mr m herron no 10 throw a fly paunch then look to hide be hind other players who were cowardly throw fly kicks and digs others players in the meli were cm no9 ,bh no12,pcno13(so called county star) .
All these guys to take on a 5'5 guy who had his back to them , big guys who have a habbitt jumping people off gaurd ,

I wonder if they will be holding a press night tonite to explain how they went wrong . A good answer to that is u cannot play thugry with football , football will always come out in the end and that showed on sunday , maybe if lamb derg had tried to play football the game would have been a far better match . When you play teams that want play 80% pulling shirts , players, to the ground off the ball hitting and just try to break the game up as much as they could off course the game is going to look bad but fair play to the galls , the boys knew what the derg were bringing to the table and prepared well for it .

Just think we could have had Lamb Derg repersenting the county for ulster , scarey, very scarecy. 8)

corn02

Ypu for Dromintee Hardstation.? Post Gteacht pint and a good charity match?

corn02

You still be in contact with any Newry ones. Go on ya boy ya, CJ is going so Antrim will be in force.

milltown row

do ya think that Micko would be a better footballer if he tried to play football instead of all the shouldering and arm punching and gurning, that went on yesterday? in patches he played well, his bro was doing a bit of argy bargy also which is a bit unlike him.

Lamhs have played in a few finals now, will they be like Loughgiel and not be able to win one?

come to think of it have they won one while playing football?

corn02

Well get down and get up to Dromintee ya boy ya!

Glensman

Micko is a mouthpiece, plain and simple.
He has alot of potential in both sports but until he deflates his head a bit he will go nowhere.

Casement is a recipe for disaster (though we shouldn't think like that)...two teams heading back in in such a confined space (with big egos to boot), subs right beside each other, big concete slabs to fall into.

imtommygunn

Micko is nothing but a ganch - from start to finish of games.

We all know what McGourty is like but at the end of the day he can play football. Micko can do no such thing - with the main reason being he doesn't have time to with all the crap he is up to.

Any coach with an ounce of sense would knock this out of him too.

I tell you this - he wasn't behaving like that when playing under Adrian McGuckin at the poly.(which also indicates that if he stops acting the pr**k he could probably play a bit)

Old Bill

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 29, 2008, 11:15:44 PM
Micko is nothing but a ganch - from start to finish of games.

We all know what McGourty is like but at the end of the day he can play football. Micko can do no such thing - with the main reason being he doesn't have time to with all the crap he is up to.

Any coach with an ounce of sense would knock this out of him too.

I tell you this - he wasn't behaving like that when playing under Adrian McGuckin at the poly.(which also indicates that if he stops acting the pr**k he could probably play a bit)
didnt think micko was like that. comes across as a gent. what crap is he up to?

Old Bill

PlayWithTheWind

Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Glensman

When is the St Galls/Mayobridge match...is it this weekend?

I see the Gorts got a decent win against St Pauls at the weekend (busy time for the Gorts at the minute).
St Pauls dragged into the relegation carry on.
Can the Gorts stay up?

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: Glensman on October 06, 2008, 09:37:43 AM
When is the St Galls/Mayobridge match...is it this weekend?

I see the Gorts got a decent win against St Pauls at the weekend (busy time for the Gorts at the minute).
St Pauls dragged into the relegation carry on.
Can the Gorts stay up?

The St.Galls/Mayobridge match is Sunday 19th

Team   Played   Won   Lost   Drawn   Points For   Points Against   Points Diff   Points

Cargin    11   9   2   0   200   134   66   18
St. Galls    10   7   3   0   143   93   50   14
Portglenone    11   7   4   0   155   133   22   14
Creggan Kickhams    11   7   4   0   144   139   5   14
St. Brigids    12   5   7   0   142   149   -7   10
Lamh Dhearg    11   4   5   2   123   155   -32   10
St. Pauls    12   4   7   1   138   142   -4   9
St. Johns    11   4   6   1   110   138   -28   9
Rasharkin    9   3   5   1   98   133   -35   7
Gort Na Mona    12   2   9   1   129   166   -37   5

Looking at the table you would have to say that Gort will go down. Their sucess in the hurling will not help either.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

imtommygunn

I'm assuming it's 18 games?

While lot of games to go if that's the case. Strange Rasharkin have played so few. Looks like another cut off date with not that many games played.

imtommygunn

On another note to Milltown's question of Lamh Dhearg ever winning the c'ship.

I've a funny feeling they may have been awarded it one year in the early nineties. Either them or Rossa were awarded it as there was a while row in one of the semi's so the teams from that side were kicked out.

Not sure of the roll of honour.