Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

A placement year from uni...he'll  rolling in it?!?!

Anyway...back to the important stuff.

1) will Cargin be able to challenge St Galls at all?

2) when is the Tommy Murphy?

saffron sam2

Quote from: Glensman on June 17, 2008, 10:50:56 PM
A placement year from uni...he'll  rolling in it?!?!

Anyway...back to the important stuff.

1) will Cargin be able to challenge St Galls at all?

2) when is the Tommy Murphy?

1) No

2) Who cares?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Glensman

Did I read it right that Cargin beat St Galls yesterday?
Any reports or anything? St Galls must have been missing a few then.

I care about the Tommy Murphy. We should be using Wicklow as a good example from last year. They got a good win in the first round of the championship earlier in the year (albeit they then went a blew it).

Minder

How can anyone care about the Tommy Murphy Cup, the teams that are involved will be bear little resemblance to the teams that competed in the championship. I wouldnt read too much into Wicklow winning the Tommy Murphy and then beating a pathetic Kildare team this year. If for arguments sake we beat Sligo reserves in this years final will it make any difference come next year?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

NEWS FLASH

new management team for Naomh Gall, Duffin has walked away from the club, not sure of his reasons but the club is currently looking a manager.

who's available?

milltown row

He could come in but working with 4 McGourty's would take it's toll on Mr Gormely, it all happened after we beat a poor Casements team last week. we play them in Championship, it may be different but i doubt it.

milltown row

sure he works with them anyway ;)

winning the dressing room over would have been a major problem, a lot of ego's there and expectations. his record though speaks for itself football, county championship,  championship sevens finals and ulster final.

heard other rumours but will not put them on here

themanwhowasntthere

Quote from: milltown row on July 07, 2008, 12:05:13 PM
sure he works with them anyway ;)

winning the dressing room over would have been a major problem, a lot of ego's there and expectations. his record though speaks for itself football, county championship,  championship sevens finals and ulster final.

heard other rumours but will not put them on here

Ah go on, you know you want to.

saffron sam2

It's bad enough having to put up with them for ten months of the year, without voluntarily giving up my holidays to listen to them. Even with the amount of money involved.

Still one of my colleagues has already been approached - and him only back at the weekend from saving the world.

saffron sam2

Not enough to keep John Laverty from going to Slaughneil anyway.

Conor John Pius (he never told you that) McGourty is long gone.

saffron sam2

John is very boring yes. Most Johns I know tend to tart it up  a bit. Like Jackie or Johnner or John Francis Xavier or Handsome John or Stern John.

I made the Pius bit up. That's his da's middle name.

saffron sam2

It is a real name. His surname is O'Loane.

saffron sam2

Irish News reckons James McCartan to replace Duffin. Won't come cheap. Will probably introduce very defensivley based tactics to replace the non-existent tactics at the minute.

bannside

Has Mc Cartan a track record of employing negative tactics, SS?

saffron sam2

Quote from: bannside on July 15, 2008, 10:07:55 PM
Has Mc Cartan a track record of employing negative tactics, SS?

Have you ever seen a match involving one of his Queen's Sigerson sides? 12 men behind the ball, but having said that I feel his Sigerson teams over-achieved. Either three or four consecutive finals, with one win.