Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Would ye whist on May 09, 2023, 05:07:10 PM
Is that really enough to terminate a game? :(

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 09, 2023, 04:13:09 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on May 09, 2023, 02:26:54 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 09, 2023, 02:04:59 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on May 09, 2023, 01:53:55 PM
Anyone know the score in Ahoghill / Creggan game or if it took place, dont see the score on the Antrim website?

I believe Ahoghill won by a point, although I think it ended controversially, Creggan man got a mark and ref blew the final whistle, or something along those lines.
Thought something was up, would that stop the result going up though?

Ahogill v Kickham's ended in controversy Ahoghill led by a point a minute into time added.
Creggan lad was sanctioned by ref (Mc Dermott), refused to give name and the official terminated the game early.

CCC will adjudicate.......points awarded......and...???

Got to ask ref and the CCC/CHC.............

EOC1923

Anyone know the score in Ahoghill / Creggan game or if it took place, dont see the score on the Antrim website?

I believe Ahoghill won by a point, although I think it ended controversially, Creggan man got a mark and ref blew the final whistle, or something along those lines.

Ahogill v Kickham's ended in controversy Ahoghill led by a point a minute into time added.
Creggan lad was sanctioned by ref (Mc Dermott), refused to give name and the official terminated the game early.

Surely someone at it could give us the right way of this, save any speculation

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on May 09, 2023, 05:36:44 PM

Surely someone at it could give us the right way of this, save any speculation

Have heard similar comment from both sides......

Milltown Row2

3 minute warning I'm assuming here, if someone refuses to adhere then the ref can blow game up early. Thought that rule was well known enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2023, 07:05:16 PM
3 minute warning I'm assuming here, if someone refuses to adhere then the ref can blow game up early. Thought that rule was well known enough

Hearing from a Clooney source a 'team mentor' had been dismissed from the playing area and decided to return was the prime reason for termination.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 09, 2023, 09:04:03 PM

Hearing from a Clooney source a 'team mentor' had been dismissed from the playing area and decided to return was the prime reason for termination.....

Close
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

MR, are you seeing the various disciplinary bodies clamping down a lot more this year on these types of things?

I get the distinct feeling there's a lot less tolerance of abusing officials, indiscipline and rightly so IMO.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 10, 2023, 09:59:53 AM

MR, are you seeing the various disciplinary bodies clamping down a lot more this year on these types of things?

I get the distinct feeling there's a lot less tolerance of abusing officials, indiscipline and rightly so IMO.

TBF not enough of the ref's are doing it, team officials that are abusive should be asked to leave play, venturing on to the pitch to give you 'their opinion' should be enough to ask him to leave the pitch.

I did a game the other night, first 2 minutes (if even) a player was chirping in my ear I stopped play and gave him a yellow card, in fairness he never opened his mouth the rest of the game.

I've zero tolerance to that shite, I get it, I'm a player manager and supporter, but its getting out of order now.

paddyjohn

I watched an underage ladies game last week - the abuse that the ref took from one of the mentors was absolutely disgraceful. The ref asked him twice to keep quiet and let him ref the game. Finally the ref snapped and put him outside the wire - the abuse continued until the mentor in question own daughter told him to keep quiet.

keep her low this half

I was at an underage camogie match last week with a very young referee, about 19. One of the mentors was at him from the first minute claiming for everything. The ref did OK but didn't have the nerve to tell the mentor to shut up. Felt a bit sorry for the young fella as he was getting a bit flustered from time to time, still did a reasonable job as a ref but shouldn't have to put up with that shite.

NAG1

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 10, 2023, 11:04:40 AM
I watched an underage ladies game last week - the abuse that the ref took from one of the mentors was absolutely disgraceful. The ref asked him twice to keep quiet and let him ref the game. Finally the ref snapped and put him outside the wire - the abuse continued until the mentor in question own daughter told him to keep quiet.

Amazing how often it is actually the children of these eejits that have to tell them to wise up.

All the kids want to do is to play their games with their mates have some fun and try to win. It is the pressure from the adults that makes winning more important in their eyes.

bannside

St Mary's CBGS year 8s who won the inaugural Antrim Cup took part in an Ulster blitz competition today, and have qualified for the semi finals after victories against Omagh CBS. St Ciarans Ballygawley and St Ronans Lurgan. Hopefully this will give St Mary's the impetus to develop this group and not fall behind in the coming years.  Small green shoots perhaps....

bannside

Getting close now to Sundays game against Leitrim. Hopefully we can get a good run going now we are playing firmly in our own grade.

GAA going all out to make this a prestigious competition, and are stepping up their marketing, prizefunds, prime time viewing at HQ etc. I dont think anyone expects us to get to closing stages of Ulster or All Ireland senior, but this is much more like intermediate grade and we would want to be competitive 

We have a right old injury list, Ryan Murray, Kevin Small, Jamie G,  Paddy Mc Aleer still out, but some decent young talent in the squad now so there should be adequate options.

imtommygunn

It's a big one BS. Leitrim got hammered in the press etc for NY winning and will be very sore about it. They are not a bad outfit and were close to getting out of division 4. They beat us last year and we owe them one but this is a game that could go either way - hopefully we come out the right side of it!

ck

Quote from: bannside on May 11, 2023, 03:20:53 PM
Getting close now to Sundays game against Leitrim. Hopefully we can get a good run going now we are playing firmly in our own grade.

GAA going all out to make this a prestigious competition, and are stepping up their marketing, prizefunds, prime time viewing at HQ etc. I dont think anyone expects us to get to closing stages of Ulster or All Ireland senior, but this is much more like intermediate grade and we would want to be competitive 

We have a right old injury list, Ryan Murray, Kevin Small, Jamie G,  Paddy Mc Aleer still out, but some decent young talent in the squad now so there should be adequate options.

Have many of the young U20's made an impact in recent weeks BS? Are we likely to see similar team to Armagh or will there be changes? I think some of those playing against Armagh are not county standard so would be good if some of the younger lads could step up.
Heard Antrim played Dublin last week in Newry.