Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: toby47 on April 26, 2023, 11:53:30 AM
Quote from: antrimman667 on April 25, 2023, 01:47:26 PM
have all the downeys transferred over to st.Brids or what is the story?

Oran & Enda played last week for St Bridget's.

Matthew & Callum are named for Derry's U20 Ulster Final & their club on the programme is 'St Bridget's'

So there's definitely 4 away, Shea is on the county senior panel, so time will tell with him.
Hard to believe that happened until you see it written in black and white like that in the programme.

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: toby47 on April 26, 2023, 11:53:30 AM
Quote from: antrimman667 on April 25, 2023, 01:47:26 PM
have all the downeys transferred over to st.Brids or what is the story?

Oran & Enda played last week for St Bridget's.

Matthew & Callum are named for Derry's U20 Ulster Final & their club on the programme is 'St Bridget's'

So there's definitely 4 away, Shea is on the county senior panel, so time will tell with him.

Shea Downey was included on their grading list for 2023

FrMaginn

Quote from: EOC13 on April 26, 2023, 10:30:28 AM
Game of the night for me tonight is Pete's men v the ports
A win will set Aghagallon up nicely a loss for ports again will do their mental frailties no good at all.

I think everyone is all too aware of RC shortcomings mentally come the business end of season.  But I doubt they will be too alarmed if they lose a couple of league games at this stage

imtommygunn

Interesting set of results in division one. St Brigids win again, cargin beat by st endas, aghagallon portglenone draw, ahoghill a surprise win over at galls and moneyglass beat randalstown. Ld Rossa must be the other game?

EOC1923

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 26, 2023, 09:26:43 PM
Interesting set of results in division one. St Brigids win again, cargin beat by st endas, aghagallon portglenone draw, ahoghill a surprise win over at galls and moneyglass beat randalstown. Ld Rossa must be the other game?
Good st Enda's team we came up against tonight. Fast, fit well organised. Massively positive.
Disgusting supporter/supporters at the changing room end a big negative!

imtommygunn

It was Creggan ld actually my mistake.... Ld won by 11.

InnocentByStander

Quote from: EOC1923 on April 26, 2023, 09:48:39 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 26, 2023, 09:26:43 PM
Good st Enda's team we came up against tonight. Fast, fit well organised. Massively positive.
Disgusting supporter/supporters at the changing room end a big negative!

Small group of supporters behind the goal, shouting personal insults to cargin players throughout the game...disgrace

bannside

Our game at Aghagallon was end to end stuff, with plenty of quality on view.  Finished in a draw but felt more like a win for us as we tagged on three late points. Peter McGrath definitely has kicked them on a bit, clear to see. Dermot McAleese back made a difference for us. Impressed with Aghagallons number 10, think he might be Jonny Hannon, he won't do their scoring average any harm with feet like that!

Saffsof82

Wee Geard be coming under a bit if preeure on the Loughran shore, put some players under threat if they didn't remove thenealves from county duty and concentrate on club, that doesn't seem to have worked out as he planned

Lár na páirce 1

Maybe St Endas should rethink their policy of opening social club before matches the vile verbal abuse some of our young players got tonight was nothing short of disgraceful .the game was typical stuff for April one team up for it the other just getting on with it with no real effort really it's a long season ,hopefully the drunk Endas "supporters who hurled abuse at 18 year olds tonight make a visit to Toome for the return game,scum bastards and in front of primary school aged children too! But I'm sure they won't be seen theses brave men.

EOC1923

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 26, 2023, 10:37:48 PM
Wee Geard be coming under a bit if preeure on the Loughran shore, put some players under threat if they didn't remove thenealves from county duty and concentrate on club, that doesn't seem to have worked out as he planned
That's hardly true, especially with him being a full time employee of said county

Saffsof82

Believe it or not, just what I've heard as few months, would explain a couple of absentees from senior and u20 set ups

EOC1923

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 26, 2023, 11:02:36 PM
Believe it or not, just what I've heard as few months, would explain a couple of absentees from senior and u20 set ups
I had heard young Duffin who is a great wee player had sat out the 20s to concentrate on club, which was a shame. But hadn't heard of any seniors. It's early in the season I still expect all the expected teams to be in the last 4 come August / Sept

Saul goodman

Quote from: bannside on April 26, 2023, 10:35:42 PM
Our game at Aghagallon was end to end stuff, with plenty of quality on view.  Finished in a draw but felt more like a win for us as we tagged on three late points. Peter McGrath definitely has kicked them on a bit, clear to see. Dermot McAleese back made a difference for us. Impressed with Aghagallons number 10, think he might be Jonny Hannon, he won't do their scoring average any harm with feet like that!

What did you think of the ref Bannside ? 10 free kicks to PG1 only 2-1 from play think agahagallon managed 1-5 from play and the rest frees and penalty. I thought he was very whistle happy for both a difficult night for defenders

Saffsof82

Quote from: EOC1923 on April 26, 2023, 11:06:00 PM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 26, 2023, 11:02:36 PM
I had heard young Duffin who is a great wee player had sat out the 20s to concentrate on club, which was a shame. But hadn't heard of any seniors. It's early in the season I still expect all the expected teams to be in the last 4 come August / Sept

I really don't see Creggan challenging for senior championship this season, think they have lost their mojo