Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Tbf there should be a good bit more coverage for the minors.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 24, 2023, 11:45:03 AM
Tbf there should be a good bit more coverage for the minors.

Social media is good, it promotes and informs but if you think for one second this isn't being used as a stick to beat someone then you're missing the point of the outraged post.

I seen plenty posts when I searched. There was tea sheets and updates on every score.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Which twitter account?

It has buck all to do with anything of the result and does not mean that "other parties" should be covering it but I think these young guys do deserve a bit more coverage than they have been getting. That's all I'm saying.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 24, 2023, 11:56:41 AM
Which twitter account?

It has buck all to do with anything of the result and does not mean that "other parties" should be covering it but I think these young guys do deserve a bit more coverage than they have been getting. That's all I'm saying.

On the Cavan Twitter account it had everything from the start. You don't have to be genius to find it. Yeah someone could have 'retweeted' them on to the Antrim Twitter page. But is it a one man voluntarily job.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

;D

Could there not be arrangements made to get help when something can't be covered? No not from eejits who slag everything to the nth degree and then think they should be employed...

Just because some scrutiny is completely over and above doesn't mean all scrutiny is wrong. Everything is not binary.

Would ye whist

There in is the problem for people MR2, the Cavan Twitter account, should we co-celebrate with Cavan as they won the USFC two years ago, sure after all it's promoting Antrim gaelic games and our youth

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2023, 12:09:47 PM
Which twitter account?

On the Cavan Twitter account it had everything from the start. You don't have to be genius to find it. Yeah someone could have 'retweeted' them on to the Antrim Twitter page. But is it a one man voluntarily job.

realisticsaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2023, 12:09:47 PM
Which twitter account?

Jesus wept. More brains in a false face.

realisticsaff

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 24, 2023, 12:21:48 PM

No not from eejits who slag everything to the nth degree and then think they should be employed...

If they were such "eejits" who slagged everything they wouldnt have the social media following they do, get the listens they do on each podcast and actually have paid patroens to listen to their opinions. So maybe do some research before spouting nonsense

Milltown Row2

I'm not against promoting or coverage of our games. I'm against the attacks on people doing what they can for free when multiple games are on over any given weekend in the spring/summer months by people who feel hard done by

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2023, 01:46:56 PM
I'm not against promoting or coverage of our games. I'm against the attacks on people doing what they can for free when multiple games are on over any given weekend in the spring/summer months by people who feel hard done by

No one attacking anyone i understand maybe some words were said in the past by certain people.
But we are just saying it would have been nice to see them get some kind of mention.

We were spoilt in recent years with the coverage sean kelly provided as PRO.

Bare in mind this isn't the first time this has happened I remember there being little coverage of a number of u20 league games too.
Big boots to fill all the same and im sure the new PRO is trying his best.

realisticsaff

Seriously mate give it a rest.

realisticsaff

Quote from: InnocentByStander on April 24, 2023, 01:55:56 PM

No one attacking anyone i understand maybe some words were said in the past by certain people.
But we are just saying it would have been nice to see them get some kind of mention.

We were spoilt in recent years with the coverage sean kelly provided as PRO.

Bare in mind this isn't the first time this has happened I remember there being little coverage of a number of u20 league games too.
Big boots to fill all the same and im sure the new PRO is trying his best.

The club games havent had a mention this year on the county socials either... its genuinely abysmal

imtommygunn

I get that and I agree on the attacks. All I'm saying is we should be promoting our minor team. For some reason this year on the football front we haven't been.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 24, 2023, 02:05:30 PM

I get that and I agree on the attacks. All I'm saying is we should be promoting our minor team. For some reason this year on the football front we haven't been.

Not saying it's not happening, personally I only use Twitter to check in on results, it can be any feed for me, as for 17 year olds being outraged it's a bit much. Maybe I'm not hung up on that stuff, didn't realise it's a factor nowadays!!

These lads have some brass neck when saying things are abysmal  ;D

BrendanAntrim

The 17 year olds are far from outraged at lack of twitter coverage, if they are even aware of it at all.