Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antrimman667

is the whole panel sticking out the tailteann cup? no one heading to the states?

realisticsaff

Quote from: NorthAntrim on April 18, 2023, 02:49:23 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 18, 2023, 02:39:22 PM
tnn ahoghill the big one there.

will county players be playing?I would assume so?

1 month to the tailteann starts? youd like to see them out for at least 1 more club game

2 more I'd say start of may will be the cut off point

realisticsaff

Quote from: antrimman667 on April 18, 2023, 02:58:47 PM
is the whole panel sticking out the tailteann cup? no one heading to the states?

The new Tailteann cup format means you'll be in it minimum 5 weeks maximum 10 weeks depending on how well your county does meaning you wont see county players back to their clubs until end of june.. must be a few Biddies and LD folk thinking oh bollocks

antrimman667

Few cracking games in div 2 tomorrow as well!! Gorts against Ballymena and Aldegrove at home to Glenravel.

SaffSpot

St John's v Aghagallon home win +3

Rossa v St Brigids home win +3

TNN v Ahoghill home win +2

Cargin v Moneyglass home win +4

St Galls v Creggan away win +2

Portglenone v St Enda's home win +4

Caesar

St John's v Aghagallon home win +1

Rossa v St Brigids home win +5

TNN v Ahoghill home win +1

Cargin v Moneyglass home win +1

St Galls v Creggan away home +2

Portglenone v St Enda's home away +1

Would ye whist

St John's v Aghagallon home win +3

Rossa v St Brigids Draw

TNN v Ahoghill home win +4

Cargin v Moneyglass home win +7

St Galls v Creggan away win +3

Portglenone v St Enda's home win +5

realisticsaff

Question for MR... David Coldrick failed the inter county referees fitness test because he didnt get 17.4 in the bleep test. What is the fitness requirement for an Antrim club referee? And also do you take a bad ref who can complete the test or a good ref who can't ??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 19, 2023, 01:51:45 PM
Question for MR... David Coldrick failed the inter county referees fitness test because he didnt get 17.4 in the bleep test. What is the fitness requirement for an Antrim club referee? And also do you take a bad ref who can complete the test or a good ref who can't ??

Generally its over 14 I think for club referee's, those that don't past the rules test (over 80%, over 95% intercounty I think) or the fitness test don't get championship games.. Having done the test you'd know that  ;)

If the 'good' ref can't keep up with play or know the rules then he's not a good ref?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

realisticsaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 19, 2023, 02:13:09 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on April 19, 2023, 01:51:45 PM

Generally its over 14 I think for club referee's, those that don't past the rules test (over 80%, over 95% intercounty I think) or the fitness test don't get championship games.. Having done the test you'd know that  ;)

If the 'good' ref can't keep up with play or know the rules then he's not a good ref?

Thanks for clearing all that up

Hoof Hearted

Not easy picking those results tonight I can tell ye
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Saffsof82

Can't think of a more horrible venue in the county at the moment than Aldergrove, the pitch that time forgot !

stiffler

The portglenone juggernaut stalling this evening. 
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Saul goodman

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 19, 2023, 09:42:57 PM
Can't think of a more horrible venue in the county at the moment than Aldergrove, the pitch that time forgot !

can't imagine how bad it is with all the rain there has been throughout March

Lár na páirce 1

Took them to match day 7 last year I believe